Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree156Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2014, 14:01   #181
Senior Member+

Re: Stanley's next manager?

No it wasn't, Coleman gave youth players who where good enough a chance.

It's nice that we have taken time on this thread to expose all the negative Coleman myths
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-09-2014, 14:38   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
No it wasn't, Coleman gave youth players who where good enough a chance.

It's nice that we have taken time on this thread to expose all the negative Coleman myths
All our younger players were snubbed but there were an awful lot of Liverpudlians in the squad, the dinosaur tactics didn't work in either League 1 or league 2, If we hadn't brought back Hill we'd probably of been fighting relegation in League 2 or worse, He were sussed by every team we had played in both League's
tazzydjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2014, 16:29   #183
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazzydjr View Post
All our younger players were snubbed but there were an awful lot of Liverpudlians in the squad, the dinosaur tactics didn't work in either League 1 or league 2, If we hadn't brought back Hill we'd probably of been fighting relegation in League 2 or worse, He were sussed by every team we had played in both League's
Stick to watching Rochdale I,ve always hated going there so to probaly did John and Jimmy don,t forget to wave when one day we pass you.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2014, 16:58   #184
God Member

Bobby Grant, Chris Turner, Peter Murphy were successful youth products
baldy likes this.
Old 19-09-2014, 16:59   #185
Senior Member+

I have told you before, go back to your slum near Manchester.
Enjoy another relegation under your Beloved Keith hill, the man who was a disaster at Barnsley.

We don't want hatred on this forum, take your negativity back to your slum club.

Last edited by DAV007; 19-09-2014 at 17:03.
Old 19-09-2014, 17:04   #186
God Member

people go on about the loss of Jase 'killing' the Ultras but like Lee said it was only one aspect of it. All around the same sort of timescale we had the SOS campaign which left a lot of bad feeling, we lost Coxy, we had banning orders served on trusted fans and we had mounted police horses on the Clayton End FFS

I loved the atmosphere as much as the next man and whenever I get chance to get on I'll carry on doing my bit to improve it, but when you get all that within a few short weeks there is no doubt that it will drop off. I'd love it to be back to what it was, and to bring my lads along to enjoy it, but if the Ground Safety Officer has no say to the police over whether they should charge into fans for an 'organised' display then there is no chance.
Div3North likes this.
Old 19-09-2014, 17:23   #187

Quote:
Enjoy another relegation under your Beloved Keith hill, the man who was a disaster at Barnsley.

We don't want hatred on this forum, take your negativity back to your slum club.
There you go folks, Dav doesn't like negativity!
AccyMad and smobile like this.
Jeg Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2014, 17:49   #188
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeg Red View Post
There you go folks, Dav doesn't like negativity!
Unless from his gob.
DAV007 and smobile like this.
Old 19-09-2014, 18:08   #189

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter9001 View Post
I must admit to going to Southport FC on 4 occasions in John Coleman's reign there and the football was brilliant , the fans loved him even if the Chairman didn't !
One of his first signings for the Port was John O'Sullivan a 20 year old winger on loan from Blackburn Rovers , he's still there ( Blackburn ) playing in the Development Squad - would be good business all round to get him up at the SFS .

Do I get a prize for predicting this one first ?
cashman, DAV007 and sherry like this.
peter9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2014, 21:47   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
people go on about the loss of Jase 'killing' the Ultras but like Lee said it was only one aspect of it. All around the same sort of timescale we had the SOS campaign which left a lot of bad feeling, we lost Coxy, we had banning orders served on trusted fans and we had mounted police horses on the Clayton End FFS

I loved the atmosphere as much as the next man and whenever I get chance to get on I'll carry on doing my bit to improve it, but when you get all that within a few short weeks there is no doubt that it will drop off. I'd love it to be back to what it was, and to bring my lads along to enjoy it, but if the Ground Safety Officer has no say to the police over whether they should charge into fans for an 'organised' display then there is no chance.
Sorry Macca but that's a poor excuse. On the day or a few games after then maybe but this is years later. Yes , we may not agree on the stewarding but how often do we see the police at an Accy game these days and the last time I saw a horse was the grand national.

They can take away our smoke bombs, they can take away our flags but they can't take away our singing cos in England at least they don't have that legislation!!

ps any similarity to Mel Gibson in Braveheart is purely coincidental

pps British yesterday, British today - Scotland says NO!! - sorry couldn't resist it especially since I have dual nationality
Outback Ozzy likes this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2014, 22:17   #191

And secondly my original post was not to show that Beattie was a better manager than Coley because, given their records, it is obvious that Coley won hands down on that score, it was to show that you could pick any statistic to make your point look good. However temper that with the fact that, yes we did improve season on season each year, but other than the playoff season all we managed was to avoid relegation. Ps i will take that ant season if we stay in the league.

I hope as much as any other Stanley fan that Coley is a success but the game has moved on and hopefully so has he. Get some wins and unite the fans, bring back the feel good factor and prove the doubter wrong, and you can count me in that up to a point given what I have said.

Finally in response to our friend from Rochdale, it is academic whether they would be injured after a few months as I was talking retrospectively and and how did I forget about Gary Roberts and Romy Boco.

On that note, and as an aside, I've been out for a few beers after work and around 9 o'clock it's time to head home with a pizza so I head to the pizza shop.

I order the pizza and a young boy of around 12 sees my Accy Stanley Jacket and says do you know about Accrington Stanley? Yes I say, waiting on the usual milk advert response, but he asks have you ever seen them?

Again I say yes in a rather quizzical fashion, I go down quite often. Then he says do you know Rommy to which I say what!! Rommy Boco? His face lights up and he says yes and I say I've met him a few times. Keeping it clean, I say how do you know about Rommy Boco? He says from FIFA and, bearing in mind that Castle Douglas is not a hotbed of Accy fans other than me and ny wife when we aren't playing Stevenage, I think how the hell did he find Rommy Boco and Accrington Stanley?

Don't under estimate the power of video games!
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 02:30   #192
Full Member+

Quote:

"Slum near Manchester","slum club". Yet you don't want hatred on this forum.

Last edited by winstanley asfc; 20-09-2014 at 02:33.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2014, 06:44   #193
Senior Member+

It's disrespectful for a fan of another club, in this case a smaller club, to come on here and pat us on the head as poor little accy.
Old 20-09-2014, 08:06   #194
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
It's disrespectful for a fan of another club, in this case a smaller club, to come on here and pat us on the head as poor little accy.
Do yeh actually know what disrespectful means?
KiTChener likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..