Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree156Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2014, 23:04   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Stanley's next manager?

Personally, I think JC and JB would be a backward step. Sure they were Gods when they were last here, but they walked to an unsuccessful spell at Rochdale and Southport and as far as I can see, they are not lighting any fires at Sligo. Maybe their bubble has burst. Would like to see PS take up the reins (if he wants it and the next 2 result of the next 2 games are positive). Or if not, then as coach to some like Flitcroft at Chorley or even David Dunn

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-09-2014, 23:08   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Just like getting rid off Lynch because we couldn't afford him, we have to do the right thing for the club.
We are not a charity.
The other point was that Lynch was on non-contract terms and has been stated, he would have been the 4th goalkeeper, Mustoe and Connor Martin were on a months contract, Alabi, an unsuccessful loan. We assume they were released due to end of contracts. Any other assumption is pure speculation.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 15-09-2014, 00:34   #33
Senior Member+

Thats not true Ozzy, they did achieved their target at southport which was to avoid relegation.
Please go onto port chat, they will tell you JC transformed the team and only due to his fall out with the chairman, is the reason he left.

Likewise at Sligo, he arguably gave them one of their greatest victories with a win over Rosenberg. Again, he kept them competitive and has received praise from both the local press and fans.

The only thing people can throw at Coley in his long career is his experience at Rochdale; he took over them in the relegation places and they stayed there.
In my book, its never a bad thing to get a scum bag club like Rochdale relegated.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 07:24   #34
Full Member+

If they follow previous scenarios when Cook and Richardson left and the assistant was then given the job then it will be Stephenson.
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 07:30   #35
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post
If they follow previous scenarios when Cook and Richardson left and the assistant was then given the job then it will be Stephenson.
It was Stephenson himself who didn't follow that scenario. He was assistant to Leam but didn't take the job when he left. No idea if that is because he wasn't offered it or he didn't want it
Old 15-09-2014, 09:08   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Thats not true Ozzy, they did achieved their target at southport which was to avoid relegation.
Please go onto port chat, they will tell you JC transformed the team and only due to his fall out with the chairman, is the reason he left.

Likewise at Sligo, he arguably gave them one of their greatest victories with a win over Rosenberg. Again, he kept them competitive and has received praise from both the local press and fans.

The only thing people can throw at Coley in his long career is his experience at Rochdale; he took over them in the relegation places and they stayed there.
In my book, its never a bad thing to get a scum bag club like Rochdale relegated.
If you think one seasons play offs is sufficient for them to come back, fine. But for years we were relegation dodging with them at the helm. They left because they had taken the club as far as it could be taken (their words not mine). Why can't all Stanley supporters dream of doing a little Wigan or the previous incarnation of Wimbledon who struggled for years in the 4th division and eventually got to the promised land of the Premiership. Granted neither are there now. That is my dream certainly. No I stick by what I said, JC and JB, thanks but no thanks. If you think keeping Southport out of the drop zone is successful and then leaving because they could not get their own way, carry on. Beating a team from Norway that even Stanley on their day could beat, so be it. Not what I deem as successful. On Rochdale, look what Keith Hill has done for them.
Whatever happens and whoever takes over the helm at Stanley, they will have my backing

Old 15-09-2014, 10:16   #37
Junior Member+

Anyone see a manager other than Coleman taking charge?

John Coleman early favourite to return to Accrington Stanley | Sackrace Football News
Milkman2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 10:20   #38
Senior Member+

Betvictor odds for the new manager
Accrington Stanley Next Permanent Manager Betting Odds | Football Betting | Oddschecker
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 10:42   #39
Senior Member+

Outback Ozxy,

You ignorance and the simplicity almost tabloid like approach you use to form your views is shocking.

Do your own research
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 11:05   #40
God Member

Davo's ire is all that some of us need to confirm that Outback must have a good point.
Davo - the Lord Haw Haw of this web site.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 11:54   #41
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Outback Ozxy,

You ignorance and the simplicity almost tabloid like approach you use to form your views is shocking.

Do your own research
I suppose that means like the research thats been done,that yeh were invited to consider by a supporter, which yeh never turned up fer, maybe thats cos it may have been deterimental to yer hero? now that should be regarded as tabloid mentality, a refusal to even consider.!!
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 15-09-2014, 14:44   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Outback Ozxy,

Do your own research
I think you will find my research is FACT, plain and simple. Read my signature, the views I state on here are my own, if you don't like them - TOUGH! I will not though lower myself to your standards with name calling!

Old 15-09-2014, 14:47   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Whatever happens and whoever takes over the helm at Stanley, they will have my backing
DAV007 if you had read my post properly this was the bit at the end and I stand by every word whoever ends up as manager, be it JC and JB or Stephenson or A.N.Other.

Old 15-09-2014, 15:02   #44

With no inside info at all my money is on Coley getting the job. We have no one at the club with any idea about the game, so who is going to decide on a total stranger being given the reins. Think about the past appointments Coley was appointed by Eric (who else on here would have done that) and what followed was a successful but sometimes bumpy ride. Then we start what is an accy trait Paul Cook ex player easy appointment. Liam another that didn't tax anyone's imagination. From behind the 8 ball we appointed JB this as not worked. So we now go back to our comfort blanket and ask Coley. Good, Bad or indifferent we could and have done worse.
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 15:11   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Perhaps a better idea would be to ask the players, P.S. has worked wi em fer awhile now n should not be discounted imho.
Tommy McQueen and Chubbyman like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..