Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree156Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-09-2014, 15:23   #46

Re: Stanley's next manager?

Sorry Cashy but having been in and around the game for more years than I care to mention, that is not a good idea. As an old manager once said to me players are ships that pass in the night. Players play, Coaches coach, Manager's Manage. This decision can't be based on who is popular.
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-09-2014, 15:35   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well perhaps "Honesty" should be a factor.
Old 15-09-2014, 15:41   #48

Totally agree, the honest thing for the club and the fans would be to sift through the applications, hold interviews and select the best person. Not difficult but my earlier post tells you why I don't think it will happen.
Long time red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 15:47   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I agree, i dont think it will happen either.But i fear the person chosen wont fit that criteria.
Old 15-09-2014, 15:56   #50

You have to ask yourself why Peter Marsden...who has always backed Beattie to the hilt....decided to offer the "jump before you're pushed" option to Beattie on the eve of a big game on the back of a win.

From the rumours I have heard Mr Beattie may not be as clean cut as his image suggests.
Old 15-09-2014, 16:04   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I have also heard rumours of that nature, at this point thats all they are, the stuff known about yer favourite son Alvin is a bit stronger than rumour.
Old 15-09-2014, 16:12   #52
Senior Member+

Is there any truth in the rumour...Craney,Dunbavin and Craig Lindfield were seen coming out of Accrington Station,and there has been a rush of planning applications from all the big bookies for shops on Whalley Road. 2-0 my bet.
smudgie likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 19:53   #53
Senior Member+

The only thing I know is that it needs to be a man that understands what a crazy club this is and how tight the budget is etc etc .......

Is Coley the right man..... for me no.
cashman and Chubbyman like this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 20:07   #54
Senior Member+

for me yes
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 20:39   #55
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
The only thing I know is that it needs to be a man that understands what a crazy club this is and how tight the budget is etc etc .......

Is Coley the right man..... for me no.
Unfortunately I don't think the Directors agree with us,it wouldn't surprise me if they don't even hold interviews ,but just give him the job in the next couple of days.
Old 15-09-2014, 20:41   #56
Junior Member+

For me yes as well.
To say coley hasn't got understanding of tight budget etc would be slightly disrespectful considering he worked here for 12 and a half years.
I think coley is the right man for the job. Would chelsea fans say mourinho was a step backwards or rochdale about keith hill or bournemouth about eddie howe?
He done very well at southport to keep them up and has done average with sligo. Rochdale shouldnt tarnish his otherwise brilliant career in management. If under coley we have another few years as when he was last year it would great for everyone.
I just dont get why people all of sudden hate him, its as if they loved seeing the club struggle in the last couple of years and always wanted this. However we are all entitled to our own opinion but for me coley is 100% the right man in my mind.
HiHoUpTheStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 20:49   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoUpTheStanley View Post
For me yes as well.
To say coley hasn't got understanding of tight budget etc would be slightly disrespectful considering he worked here for 12 and a half years.
I think coley is the right man for the job. Would chelsea fans say mourinho was a step backwards or rochdale about keith hill or bournemouth about eddie howe?
He done very well at southport to keep them up and has done average with sligo. Rochdale shouldnt tarnish his otherwise brilliant career in management. If under coley we have another few years as when he was last year it would great for everyone.
I just dont get why people all of sudden hate him, its as if they loved seeing the club struggle in the last couple of years and always wanted this. However we are all entitled to our own opinion but for me coley is 100% the right man in my mind.

If he's so brilliant why has no football league club offered him a post since he made a right mess at Rochdale..Gary Jones couldn't wait to get away from Rochdale after a fantastic long stint there and over 1000 fans disappeared...if that happens at Stanley he and Jimmy will be watching on their own.
Old 15-09-2014, 21:30   #58
Senior Member+

But it's not just Coleman, is it? If he were to be appointed, I would imagine he would come with an attachment And that attachment always reminded me of an old radio programme - "Family Favourites". Think Jay Bell. Was there not another family member too??
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 22:04   #59
Junior Member+

Have to say, if there is a return for JC to Stanley, there will not be many tears shed in Sligo. He had a difficult job taking over after our most successful period ever, but already many want him out as the football has deteriorated to a huge extent - back to long balls and poor discipline. I cannot see him being here next season, even if he doesn't get the Stanley job.
sligostanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 22:09   #60
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I can buy that easily mate, but Davo wont.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..