Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree156Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-09-2014, 22:09   #61
God Member

Re: Stanley's next manager?

Was wondering what the Sligo fans were feeling about all the speculation - & was hoping they'd be campaigning to persuade them to stay, seems that was a long shot
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-09-2014, 22:11   #62
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Was wondering what the Sligo fans were feeling about all the speculation - & was hoping they'd be campaigning to persuade them to stay, seems that was a long shot
Yeh got more chance of being struck by lightening.
Old 15-09-2014, 22:14   #63
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

For me "NO" i fear for this good set of players if Paul Stevenson isn't given a chance to shine with may be David dunn coming it to take on the reins next wk with paul returning to under manager
Old 15-09-2014, 22:29   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sligostanley View Post
Have to say, if there is a return for JC to Stanley, there will not be many tears shed in Sligo. He had a difficult job taking over after our most successful period ever, but already many want him out as the football has deteriorated to a huge extent - back to long balls and poor discipline. I cannot see him being here next season, even if he doesn't get the Stanley job.
Beattie was building a good team in my opinion with great spirit and Paul Stevo is carrying it on,the whole squad are buzzing and they're trying to play exciting football ,they just need a bit more time to develop.......but alas it's about to be all undone by a manager who never tried to improve the pitch whilst at Stanley and once slumped into a chair in Mr Whalleys office 30 mins or so before kickoff and when asked what the pitch was like said he didn't know .....God help Stanley for what we are about to receive !!!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 22:33   #65
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Beattie was building a good team in my opinion with great spirit and Paul Stevo is carrying it on,the whole squad are buzzing and they're trying to play exciting football ,they just need a bit more time to develop.......but alas it's about to be all undone by a manager who never tried to improve the pitch whilst at Stanley and once slumped into a chair in Mr Whalleys office 30 mins or so before kickoff and when asked what the pitch was like said he didn't know .....God help Stanley for what we are about to receive !!!
If thats to be the case,?? then theres too many of the owd clique still around in positions of power imho. it was too much to hope, the owd guard was no more.
Old 15-09-2014, 22:42   #66
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
If thats to be the case,?? then theres too many of the owd clique still around in positions of power imho. it was too much to hope, the owd guard was no more.
To many Directors without a pot to p*ss in !!!
baldy and smudgie like this.
Old 15-09-2014, 22:51   #67
Senior Member+

I disagree.
The club has not moved forwards of the pitch.
We are still tin pot.
We need a manager who can work with the limited resources and get the best value per £ out of the squad.

Coleman has proven time and time again he can do that, he is the right man for the club.

Not only has he worked near miracles with the playing budget at his disposal in the past, but he is still hungry for more success and will firmly beleive he can beat all the odds again and get stanley up another division.

Coleman is the perfect choice.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 23:13   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Not only has he worked near miracles with the playing budget at his disposal in the past
Now just hang on a moment here, DAVOO7. You are a man who likes facts. Was it not a fact that a certain individual made money available to JC that enabled us to make such rapid progress through the non-league leagues?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 23:26   #69
Senior Member+

but compared to the competition we were still small plucky accy.

btw, even if coley had sacks of cash, money does not guarantee success. There are lots of examples.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 23:37   #70
God Member

Just for a new point of view - you know, instead of the childish bating taking over approximately 90% of posts on this forum these days - could it be that Coleman and Bell are a perfect fit for Stanley; which was exactly their foil at other clubs?

A well respected person in the game put it to me in our play-off season that Coleman could do wonders with our club, but would most likely fail at any other. Our uniqueness, warts and all, was mirrored in him, hence the success. I laughed him off at the time as I saw great things down the line for both John and Jimmy, but am well prepared to now accept that standpoint.

In a related irk, I hope that the board take the input they need when making the decision. Unlike the non-league days, we desperately lack in-the-know football people in our top positions such as Phil Terry and Eric Whalley.
Oldgobbin and SamF like this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 05:16   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sligostanley View Post
Have to say, if there is a return for JC to Stanley, there will not be many tears shed in Sligo. He had a difficult job taking over after our most successful period ever, but already many want him out as the football has deteriorated to a huge extent - back to long balls and poor discipline. I cannot see him being here next season, even if he doesn't get the Stanley job.
In there lies your answer let,s appoint somebody other than JC.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-09-2014, 05:24   #72
God Member

one of the things that I like about Coley is that he is a figurehead, someone who 'becomes' the club - and we have been lacking in that department for some time now. He IS a personification of the club and is tinpot and brash and a little bit in yer face with few manners. That is us down to a tee.

Point 2 would be that we cannot let the club become a side event to all and sundrys' lofty ambitions of bettering themselves. "I'll come for a year then bog off to the next pay day". We WILL be back in the conference if we cant find some stability.
baldy likes this.
Old 16-09-2014, 07:13   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
one of the things that I like about Coley is that he is a figurehead, someone who 'becomes' the club - and we have been lacking in that department for some time now. He IS a personification of the club and is tinpot and brash and a little bit in yer face with few manners. That is us down to a tee.

Point 2 would be that we cannot let the club become a side event to all and sundrys' lofty ambitions of bettering themselves. "I'll come for a year then bog off to the next pay day". We WILL be back in the conference if we cant find some stability.

People cannot surely believe he makes a good figurehead,his loud foul mouth was the main reason for parting with Southport,who wanted to become a family orientated club.
Point 2 is that bettering themselves ? Or BETTING on themselves?
Old 16-09-2014, 07:16   #74
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post

So what yer saying, is whatever he may have done,thats fine??? Well certain stuff i cannot accept simple as.
Old 16-09-2014, 07:32   #75
God Member

Agree that we need stability & surely the best way to achieve that is to let Paul Stephenson carry on
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..