Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree156Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-09-2014, 10:02   #1
Senior Member+

Stanley's next manager?

I see David Dunn is put his hat in the ring

David Dunn in the running to replace James Beattie as Accrington Stanley manager | Mail Online
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 14-09-2014, 10:25   #2
God Member

Re: Stanley's next manager?

Even though I take any articles with zero sources such as those so often found in the Daily Hate with a pinch of salt, I hope the board have learned not to gamble again on a player with no experience as a manager. We need skilled leadership now more than ever, not someone just there for their name.
DAV007 and yonmon like this.

Last edited by shakermaker; 14-09-2014 at 10:29.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 10:36   #3
Senior Member+

Correct.
Nicky Hunt has never been a leader and already people are asking for him to be appointed.

We got fortunate with Leam who just kept us in the league, likewise with Beattie. If we make the same choice again, we may not be so fortunate.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 12:05   #4
God Member

We have a manager in Paul Stephenson and I don't see any reason not to let him show what he can do.
Don't know how many ("stinking") badges Mr.Dunn may already have but, if it's none, I don't see why he can't start as player-coach under PS. His skills on the pitch would be a tremendous asset to the club.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 13:17   #5
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
We have a manager in Paul Stephenson and I don't see any reason not to let him show what he can do.
Don't know how many ("stinking") badges Mr.Dunn may already have but, if it's none, I don't see why he can't start as player-coach under PS. His skills on the pitch would be a tremendous asset to the club.

I think Dunny is at least B licenced. Who's to say Paul Stephenson wants the job ? He may be happy to do what he has been doing, with somebody else taking the media role

If there is any truth in the Dunn rumour then there is an advantage, Stanley would get a quality attacking midfielder as well as a manager with a lot of contacts, and a Stanley fan as well

( Can't believe as a Burnley fan I just praised him )
Old 14-09-2014, 13:17   #6
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I believe he's passed his coaching badges
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 13:18   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
I believe he's passed his coaching badges
I think he had his B licence before Beattie did
Old 14-09-2014, 13:24   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
I think he had his B licence before Beattie did

I can't recall fully ,but did he not go to Ireland to complete his badges??? If i'd known in advance I could have arranged for him to give DAV a lift (one way).
Old 14-09-2014, 13:29   #9
God Member

Quote:
I can't recall fully ,but did he not go to Ireland to complete his badges???
A quick Google search and it would appear he did Belfast with Joey Barton and Mendietta amongst others. I hope the exam consisted of kicking Barton as far up in the air as possible
Old 14-09-2014, 13:33   #10
God Member

Would appear the players are backing Stephenson, so presumably he has said he wants it. If thats correct it's obviously the least disruptive and easiest option for the board
AccyMad and Chubbyman like this.
Old 14-09-2014, 13:51   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Would appear the players are backing Stephenson, so presumably he has said he wants it. If thats correct it's obviously the least disruptive and easiest option for the board
also the cheapest option for the club and Stevo must have guided Beats when he started
Old 14-09-2014, 13:56   #12
God Member

Quote:
also the cheapest option for the club and Stevo must have guided Beats when he started
That's what makes me wonder if he wants to be the boss or assistant. He was already there when Leam left
Old 14-09-2014, 14:00   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
That's what makes me wonder if he wants to be the boss or assistant. He was already there when Leam left

Good point Dave......maybe he wasn't wanting it then or ready for it ....now he might want to finish what he and James started to prove a point?
Old 14-09-2014, 15:10   #14
Senior Member+

according to sky sports Dunn has passed his A coaching
Transfer news: Blackburn midfielder David Dunn hoping to prolong playing career | Football News | Sky Sports
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 15:19   #15

Shocked that you guys are looking for a new manager. Really thought that you'd got a good one in Beatie. But I wonder if the fact his family still live on the South coast had anything to do with it?

Wouldn't be surprised if the Chorley pair are in with a shout for the job.

Somehow can't see Coley coming back but it's a funny old game so who knows?

Whoever gets the job just hope he keeps you guys in the league.
simon, AccyMad and yonmon like this.
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..