Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-07-2015, 12:25   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Starting Eleven versus Luton Town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Been a little disappointed with Morgan's first few games as he's got a reputation as a "goal machine",but on Saturday he was excellent, so I'll put it down to getting his fitness levels up and he certainly has to come into consideration.
Who gave him that rep? he aint scored hardly any goals before we signed him. looks like he could be ok though.
AsFc62 likes this.
Old 27-07-2015, 13:24   #17

Terry is colemans 1st choice. Clear to see. Id like to see Morgan get a chance but got a feeling he might be a bit part..... GOALS TALK.
Old 27-07-2015, 13:37   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post
Terry is colemans 1st choice. Clear to see. Id like to see Morgan get a chance but got a feeling he might be a bit part..... GOALS TALK.
Be interesting if both players get 45 mins tomorrow night,
Old 27-07-2015, 16:06   #19
Senior Member+

Cashy,instead of hoarding your millions under the floor boards,get a dodgy box and MUTV/LTV, fantastic coverage of youth and 21s scene.
😀😀😀
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-07-2015, 16:39   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Cashy,instead of hoarding your millions under the floor boards,get a dodgy box and MUTV/LTV, fantastic coverage of youth and 21s scene.
😀😀😀
I got one, never watch those channels.
Old 31-07-2015, 22:50   #21
Senior Member+

Etheridge

Winnard (C)
Wright
Davies
Buxton

Conneely
Crooks

Mingoia
Windass
McConville

Gornell
Old 31-07-2015, 23:09   #22

Mooney/etheridge Buxton Davies Wright Winnard Crooks Barry/Conneely Pierro Mcconville Windass Gornell
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 23:10   #23

Tough to pick between both keepers, also tough to pick out of coneelly or Barry.
pidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2015, 22:49   #24
Senior Member+

After watching Stanley v Burnley and also against Blackpool I have got to say, Coley has got one of those nice problems to have, who to leave out and who to play. Proccy is going to struggle to get back into the team, in the meantime, I would suggest Deano as captain. I wouldn't like to say who should be striker(s) but as I said, nice problem for Coley. I now think he should play 4-4-2 at home and away initially after all, attack is the best form of defence.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 17:16   #25
God Member

Mooney

Winnard, Davies, Wright, Buxton

Conneely, Crooks

Windass

Mingoia, Gornell, McConville

Personally I'd play Gerry Brown instead of McConville, but that's the side that's gonna play
Old 02-08-2015, 17:28   #26
God Member

One of the things I saw against Blackpool that I liked was that in McConville, Windass and Crooks we have 3 players who can cover a lot of ground with the ball. I don't think we've had that for a good while and it's imperative for teams that historically don't like to defend, it'll relieve the pressure whilst we re-organise. I think we'll possibly get found out against some teams and get a whupping, but in general I think we'll smash a lot of teams just like in 2009.

Roll on 4th place methinks
Wynonie Harris and cashman like this.
Old 02-08-2015, 17:42   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Fer me it could possibly be even a better season than then macca,
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 02-08-2015, 21:10   #28
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
One of the things I saw against Blackpool that I liked was that in McConville, Windass and Crooks we have 3 players who can cover a lot of ground with the ball. I don't think we've had that for a good while and it's imperative for teams that historically don't like to defend, it'll relieve the pressure whilst we re-organise. I think we'll possibly get found out against some teams and get a whupping, but in general I think we'll smash a lot of teams just like in 2009.

Roll on 4th place methinks
I agree, unlike all the bookies and the Millwall supporting Rod Liddle writing in today's Sunday Times with his annual predictions on relegation and promotion. "Slipping out of sight, away from us Dagenham and Accrington", just as he has for the last few seasons at least. I usually just laugh at his lack of insight, but this time he adds, "Accrington, for whom oblivion has been a much loved friend"! Now I don't quite get the exact meaning of those words - does anyone else? I intend to contact him if I can in order to ask him and let him have a few choice words to jog him out of his oh so clever smugness.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:08   #29
God Member

its up to coley who he picks. it makes a change to have a luxury of a lot of players in competition for places unlike the start of the last few seasons. this column will be busy over the next few weeks as fans will take to some new players more than others. Saturday is our first step to play offs or better.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 10:26   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
?..Rod Liddle writing in today's Sunday Times with his annual predictions on relegation and promotion....I intend to contact him....
Don't waste your time, Red, it'll only pander to his self-delusion that his opinions are in any way more important than those of any other idiot.
cashman likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..