Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2016, 18:38   #16
Full Member+

Re: Statue for Coleman?

Get Murrey Dawson to do 2 cardboard cut outs
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-05-2016, 13:49   #17

When Coley came we played Flixton, Osset and Congleton in the league that season. Next year could be Charlton, Bolton and Sheffield United. 4 promotions. Numerous cup runs and silverware.

Its not a topic for the moment but I hope one day there will be a permanent tribute to the dynamic duo. Perhaps unveiled at the "New Crown" ahead of the Champions League final there when we play Barca.

League 1 with Jimmy and John!
Red-Osbornello and DAV007 like this.
Old 05-05-2016, 14:03   #18
Senior Member+

Perhaps the question should be about a statue to our Jack Barrett who had the foresight to campaign for a football team after the demise of the old Stanley in the 1960's. I know the main stand is named after him, and whilst John and Jimmy have worked miracles dragging the team by the scruff of the neck from Unibond league 1 to the Football League and possibly League 1 after Saturday, Jack Barrett is Accrington Stanley's Uncle Jack.
Greeny likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 15:30   #19
God Member

Jack himself would have told you that he was embarrassed by the attention he got nearly half a century after the event "all I did was stand up and shout at people". There were people who did far more, at the time and subsequently, who didnt get the press. The problem is that any public needs a folklore to hang their hat onto and Jack became that. I'm not belittling the legend that is Jack because I know of his many other contributions to the expansion of ASFC over the years. A statue? He would haunt it himself!

The history books WILL rightly laud Coleman as the greatest manager in the rich and chequered history of the club. When his time is over then I will gladly shake a bucket for a statue collection

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..