Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2017, 19:00   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Stevanage

Not a vengeful person myself however when it comes to those scummers YESSSSSSSSSSSS
Old 06-05-2017, 19:21   #17
Senior Member+

What goes around comes around.....
Old 06-05-2017, 19:23   #18
Senior Member+

Now that's finishing the season on a super high, anyone complaining that this has not been a great one is awfully hard to please. Well done to all of the STANLEY family, thanks for another memorable roller coaster.
Chrisr and Lord Stiffupperlip like this.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 19:25   #19

Much as I welcome the win, and I should get some peace and quiet as the wife said she wouldn't speak to me if we won, it's not really revenge because Carlisle and Blackpool both won so it made no difference.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 19:41   #20
God Member

Beating, nay - thrashing - Stevenage was always gonna make a difference, ok maybe not to them getting in the play offs or not but it makes me feel a damn sight better about last season's final game
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 19:48   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Beating, nay - thrashing - Stevenage was always gonna make a difference, ok maybe not to them getting in the play offs or not but it makes me feel a damn sight better about last season's final game
Sorry, I don't have an irrational hatred of Stevenage so it makes no odds to me other than bragging rights in the house cos my wife's follows Stevenage after living there for twelve years or more. We are both rangers fans so not even that big a deal.
Old 06-05-2017, 19:55   #22
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
Sorry, I don't have an irrational hatred of Stevenage so it makes no odds to me other than bragging rights in the house cos my wife's follows Stevenage after living there for twelve years or more. We are both rangers fans so not even that big a deal.
Divorce her now
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 20:13   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
Our hatred of Stevenage is not irrational, it's based on bitter memory.
They did for us in the play-offs in 2011 & spoiled our party on the last day of the 2016 season.
If revenge is a dish best served cold, todays was straight from the freezer - but by Jove, how sweet it tasted!
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 20:45   #24
God Member

Goes back further than that tbh Lord S & it's not just us who feel that way, but everyone to their own - personally, today was definitely a red letter day
st06nc2 likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 20:47   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Our hatred of Stevenage is not irrational, it's based on bitter memory.
They did for us in the play-offs in 2011 & spoiled our party on the last day of the 2016 season.
If revenge is a dish best served cold, todays was straight from the freezer - but by Jove, how sweet it tasted!
They didn't do for us last season, we bottled it and blew it. They didn't make us hit the woodwork three times and bottle it, they didn't make us freeze in 2010 unless you watched a different game from me. Why don't we stop looking for excuses and stop choking in the big games. At the end of the day we beat them in a game that made no odds in the grand scheme of things but it was a sweet victory none the less however it was only another 3 points and was still not enough.

Look for comfort from it if you want but the only thing worth celebrating is we are still a league club for another year and that means far more than anything else this season
KiTChener and Revived Red like this.
Old 06-05-2017, 20:49   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Divorce her now
Been there done that with the first wife so I know how much it costs so no!
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Old 06-05-2017, 20:55   #27
God Member

Twelve months too late, but better late than never.
Great performance from the entire Stanley squad this evening, especially in the second half. Satanage are not the (complete) bunch of thugs they were under Westley and had some good attacking players, who needed looking after in the first half. Thought they just shaded the first 45, although it was Stanley who actually had the best chances in that half.
Second half, Stanley were in control for lengthy periods and the match became a real end-to-end encounter. McCartan, rightly, won the first penalty and Billy dispatched it with aplomb, and it seemed to knock some of the stuffing out of Stevenage. The second goal was also well worked by McCartan who cut it back for Kee to sweep it in. Shortly after that there was a decisive, full stretch save from Rodak that, had it gone in, would have made for frantic final five minutes. As it was, the ref, rather generously I thought from first sight, gave the second penalty in the dying minutes and it was both a well deserved win, and sweet revenge for all the Stanley faithful.
Great end to another barmy season.
AccyMad, ossy kid, yonmon and 1 others like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 20:56   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Goes back further than that tbh Lord S & it's not just us who feel that way, but everyone to their own - personally, today was definitely a red letter day
If it gives you comfort then go for it. From what I remember some of there bams took exception to accy getting in the league with a crap ground when they were refused earlier with a better ground. We still don't meet league standards regarding seats as we got dispensation while building a new stand which is going nowhere so they may feel they have a point but in general most I have met down there don't care either way much as I'd think is the same all over.
Old 06-05-2017, 21:02   #29
Senior Member+

How did the stevenage fans take their crushing defeat?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 21:14   #30
God Member

Those we saw on the way out seemed fairly sanguine. Certainly was a less crushing outcome for them than it was for us last season. The game wasn't exactly a sell-out, so I suspect few thought their hopes of the play-offs were more than an very outside chance.
Still nice to beat them, though. I enjoyed it immensely.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..