Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-09-2004, 18:41   #1

Steve Flitcroft.........

hit a 20 yard winner after 72 minutes in our 1-0 win at Bradford PA.

We ahve signed a 20 yr old centre half on a month long loan from Grimsby but once your injuries have cleared up, we will apparently make a fresh offer for Jonothan Smith.
How's he done since coming back to you lot?
Bluebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-09-2004, 21:18   #2

Re: Steve Flitcroft.........

He played well last week in our 5-0 victory at Dagenham but was on the bench today and wasn't used.
Old 18-09-2004, 21:22   #3
Senior Member+

Yes he was outstanding against Dagenham.....would have liked to of seen him play today too...
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2004, 09:44   #4

Re Smithy: simple equation really. You play v.well + you are left out of the team next match = Make your bid as it might well be successful!
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2004, 09:52   #5
Senior Member+

Hope not though..........
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2004, 13:37   #6
God Member

Just because Smithy didn't get on today (although he should have in most people's opinions after his performance last week) - doesn't mean Coley is ready to unload him. Maybe changing his accent might do him some good with the management though!!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2004, 17:13   #7

Wot you mean?? He should start talking "scouse"??

Must admit, after Daggers reports, I was looking forward to seeing how he'd progressed, but, not to be, look forward to next game he's involved in
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2004, 18:13   #8

It seems as if it helps to be a scoucer if u want 2 play first team football every week 4 us, is that why Lutel has been on the bench 2 matches running? I think we'll lose him if he isn't kept in the starting line up. I REALLY hope that smithy does get to play for us again and personally i prefer him to Robbie Williams. Robbie gets injured and comes back into the starting line up immediately on his return, forcing smithy onto the bench when he showed that he and Gerrard can work well together even though it was their first match together. Robbie didn't do terribly yesterday but he wasn't exactly outstanding was he? Gerrard did most of the work. Everyone was singing smithy's praises after dagenham, including coley, shouldn't that be enough to be put in the starting line up?
Footiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2004, 18:31   #9

I agree Footiegirl
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2004, 18:37   #10

Glad 2 see that u agree with me on something shurm!
Footiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2004, 19:52   #11
God Member

Quote:
It seems as if it helps to be a scoucer if u want 2 play first team football every week 4 us,
A little harsh dont you think? I cant think of many players in the team who have played as many games as Lutel has for the club and Coley.

Look at the league table.... are people seriously suggesting Coley is doing things wrong?... get real
Old 20-09-2004, 00:45   #12
Senior Member+

I think you have to put it in prospective, it is not only how you play on a saturday or if your mr popular with the fans it also goes off how much effort you put in training, how positive you are in the changing rooms, your overall attitude to playing and traveling, its nice to see our favorite player on the pitch but sometimes the manager knows more then we do. A great example was Stan Colymore great player but a constant pain in the a@%# at the clubs he was playing for.

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2004, 08:13   #13
Super Moderator

Incredible! We're in our best position ever with our best team ever and our best management team ever, yet we're still getting people coming on this site posting posting ill-informed knocking garbage! Does anybody seriously believe that Lutel has been kept on the bench for the last two weeks because he's not a scouser? The mind boggles!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2004, 08:19   #14

When I said I agree with footiegirl it was really about the smithy bit didn't really read the scouse bit hehehhehe just to clarify my position ooopppsss, but like we always say its about opinions lets agree to disagree.......... its more fun !!!
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2004, 08:36   #15
Super Moderator

Must admit Smithy looked the business at Dagenham and there's a case to be made for including him in the team. However, as you say, Shurm, it's all about opinions and my opinion of the "Coley's more likely to pick you if you have a scouse accent" theory is that it's so much hogwash! Does anyone really believe that Coley would be unprofessional enough to do that?
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..