Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-10-2014, 13:42   #16
God Member

Re: Stevenage fc Match Thread

Sounds better

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-10-2014, 13:46   #17
I am Banned

Naismith missing for personal reasons
Westley set fire alarm off at 4am at hotel lads were staying at
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2014, 14:04   #18

1-0 to Stevenage.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2014, 14:25   #19

1-1 Molyneux :-)
Old 18-10-2014, 15:07   #20

2-1 Stevenage
Old 18-10-2014, 16:00   #21
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Thats it all over another defeat for the reds why bring a Barry on when we have Hatfield Mingoia or windass on the bench when we're chassing the game
AccyMad likes this.
Old 18-10-2014, 17:15   #22

A poor game we never looked like winning. two needless goals we gave away due to poor defending then too many high balls to a team that play the high ball game. Only good things were I got in as a concession and had a bucket o bevvy.

Doesn't help that the wife's a Stevenage fan but I knew that anyway
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2014, 18:48   #23
God Member

Two good goals and one abysmally poor one separated two teams who were otherwise well matched in their ordinariness.
As for the difference in the scoreline, it was a shame it was down to that first minute shocker to Stevenage.
Stanley's new goalie came out and missed the first corner of the game, no doubt trying too hard on his first appearance, but then two defenders on the line conspired to let the ball past them (for the rest of the game, I thought the new lad did very well).
After such a bad start, Stanley composed themselves and equalised with a great effort - wide ball to the right to O'Sullivan who fired a long diagonal ball across the penalty area to Molyneux coming in on the left, who beat a man then slotted into the far corner. After that Stanley were all over Stevenage throughout the rest of the first half in terms of possession. Unfortunately possession doesn't win games.
Second half started exactly the same, except this time Stevenage's goal was well worked and well taken.
But Stanley's composure deserted them and yet again they got sucked into an ungainly aerial battle that they were never going to win. Second half Stevenage harried, pushed, pulled and barged, but that could hardly be a surprise tactic from a team managed by Mr.Westley.
Two shots on goal from each side over 90 minutes of football!
Stanley lacked any creativity in the middle of the park during the entire second half and what subs that were made seemed too late to make any difference.
Think I might give these away games a miss; that's three defeats to poorish opposition (Cheltenham, Oxford, and now Stevenage); missed Northampton and looked what happened!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2014, 20:57   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
Two good goals and one abysmally poor one separated two teams who were otherwise well matched in their ordinariness.
As for the difference in the scoreline, it was a shame it was down to that first minute shocker to Stevenage.
Stanley's new goalie came out and missed the first corner of the game, no doubt trying too hard on his first appearance, but then two defenders on the line conspired to let the ball past them (for the rest of the game, I thought the new lad did very well).
After such a bad start, Stanley composed themselves and equalised with a great effort - wide ball to the right to O'Sullivan who fired a long diagonal ball across the penalty area to Molyneux coming in on the left, who beat a man then slotted into the far corner. After that Stanley were all over Stevenage throughout the rest of the first half in terms of possession. Unfortunately possession doesn't win games.
Second half started exactly the same, except this time Stevenage's goal was well worked and well taken.
But Stanley's composure deserted them and yet again they got sucked into an ungainly aerial battle that they were never going to win. Second half Stevenage harried, pushed, pulled and barged, but that could hardly be a surprise tactic from a team managed by Mr.Westley.
Two shots on goal from each side over 90 minutes of football!
Stanley lacked any creativity in the middle of the park during the entire second half and what subs that were made seemed too late to make any difference.
Think I might give these away games a miss; that's three defeats to poorish opposition (Cheltenham, Oxford, and now Stevenage); missed Northampton and looked what happened!
Sums it up pretty much Exile,a waste of a tank and a half of diesel,but a pleasure to see you and your good lady.I also think I spotted the irrepressible Ianray in his rather loud tartan cap !!!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..