Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-05-2011, 20:07   #46

Re: Stevenage Game

John Colemans interview on Sky was 1st class, but he looked mighty hacked off. To be fair, Stanley could have lost that 4-0, but also could have drawn it 2-2.

I suspect changes will have to be made on friday though. I wouldn't play craney, he looked totally uninterested or concerned with what was at stake. Razor did more in his 1st 2 minutes on the pitch.

Dean Winnard and Phil Edwards where my pick as best Stanley players though. They gave it all they had, sadly they have been let down by some of their teamates for effort.

One plus point, Jimmy Ryan is unlikely to be leaving Stanley anytime soon. After such a big build up, he played like a frightened rabbit caught in the headlights, but at least he never stopped trying unlike Craney.

Last edited by Stanleymad; 15-05-2011 at 20:11. Reason: Language
Larry Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-05-2011, 20:10   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by new red View Post
Pity Turner's not on the bench too feel he could have made a real difference if put on with Razor
Yeh agree, they have played together well in reserves, one thing I wanna know what cheeky razor said to that boro player hehehe I love that guy lol

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 20:18   #48
Junior Member+

2-0 is not a bad result, home form is strong and the Crown Ground will e rocking. I believe
thesilverfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 20:22   #49

Took the words right out of my mouth Larry, what do,es JC do now stick with the side that has impressed at home since the new year or tinker a bit let razor,Linfield and long start and drop Craney, Sean Mc and Hessey to the bench, nowt to loose in the latter in my opinion.
Going back to todays game first half was dire but I thought we started to command the game certainly in the last half hour and on reflection we could count ourselves as unlucky not to come away with something I bet Sean won,t sleep tonight after that miss but when all said and done it,s only half time and we will not roll over easily on friday, come on stanley I still believe.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 20:26   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
Took the words right out of my mouth Larry, what do,es JC do now stick with the side that has impressed at home since the new year or tinker a bit let razor,Linfield and long start and drop Craney, Sean Mc and Hessey to the bench, nowt to loose in the latter in my opinion.
Going back to todays game first half was dire but I thought we started to command the game certainly in the last half hour and on reflection we could count ourselves as unlucky not to come away with something I bet Sean won,t sleep tonight after that miss but when all said and done it,s only half time and we will not roll over easily on friday, come on stanley I still believe.
Mayve they should put Long at the back and play Hessey up front. The defenders had it far too easy
Old 15-05-2011, 20:34   #51

You might have a point there Dave give us a bit of height up front and somebody to bully their defenders.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 20:48   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Oh...twice I've watched STANLEY live on 'P2P' and twice they've lost 2-0.
Hiya Kiwi John - or should I say Jonah! I followed your link on p2p and the site froze at 1-0 and when it came back on - they'd scored a second!

I can't hear the fat lady singing yet - so it's game on at the Crown!

We didn't play well enough today - but I'm expecting a different performance on Friday. Keep the faith!

Last edited by Stanleymad; 16-05-2011 at 11:29.
coley1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 20:54   #53
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coley1957 View Post
Hiya Kiwi John - or should I say Jonah! I followed your link on p2p and the site froze at 1-0 and when it came back on - they'd scored a second!

I can't hear the fat lady singing yet - so it's game on at the Crown!

We didn't play well enough today - but I'm expecting a different performance on Friday. Keep the faith!
I bet coley has got tonight's performance on DVD ready for training tommoz will show players just where they went wrong clearly, we cannot lose concentration for 1 sec - hope home is strong enough to over come the shakeyness visible.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 21:13   #54

hi all, liverpool fan here who follows yourselves to see how our old youth get on mainly. Coley has worked miracles at your place and is doing a very good job at instilling the best set up (for me) you can get with the 4231 formation.
BUT, its ridiculous how he let that go on for so long today before finally changing it at 80 minutes. It amazed me how much trouble stevenage caused today centrally as well which shouldnt happen with one holding midfielder never mind 2 yet nothing got changed. It doesnt seem like there is any link at all between the holding midfielders and the attacking ones.
just my thoughts and hope you'se pull it off friday.
redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 21:21   #55
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead View Post
BUT, its ridiculous how he let that go on for so long today before finally changing it at 80 minutes.
Substitutions never have been Coley's strong point when things are not going well.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 21:45   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Substitutions never have been Coley's strong point when things are not going well.
suppose its stubborness bred from such high self confidence in his ability as a manager. Fair enough and Not always a bad thing like but each to their own.

all set up for a great second leg to us neutrals 'cos i cant see them coming out at your place (despite what the manager might say)
They will be training all week using 10 behind the ball i reckon, hopefuly youse get one early and see if they have the balls to hang on. My prediction is 3-1 accy to see extra time
redhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 22:11   #57
Full Member+

Well after watching that tonight, we certainly have our work cut out now. We've got to come flying out of the traps on Friday, get the early goal and get them on the back foot.

Like Coley said, certain players never performed and we all know / have a good idea who he means. At one point I was beginning to think that the tie was going to be over before the second leg, however it could have been so, so different if McConville had stuck the chance away from that suicidal backpass.

Why, oh why didn't he just shoot / place it past the keeper instead of trying to be cocky and go round him ??? Was he trying to draw a professional foul and get him sent off ???

Personally speaking, Craney had an absolute shocker and the only suprise to me is that he lasted for 80 odd minutes before Coley hauled him off. He did not look fit, misplaced way too many passes and generally looked lethargic and way off the pace of the game.

I also think Coleman has some decisions to make now with regard to the formation for Friday. Does he stick with the tried and tested formation or gamble on something a little more attacking??? Does he make changes to personnel ??? For me, he's got some serious questions to answer between now and Friday.

Still 2-0 down at half time....If we play like we have in the majority of our home games this season we can turn it around. We cannot afford for players not to turn up and perform. For me at least, that means changes for the second leg.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 22:20   #58

A bit shell shocked after watching the game. Stanley didn't seem to turn up at the races. A bit like they took it as another league game while Stevenage made it their cup final. All credit to the fans though... 1000% and although there maybe some comeback over the smoke bombs F'Em. Love a bit from one of their fans in their programme - Mark Poplett says "we're NEVER OUTSUNG" .... well I have had the "privilege" of seeing the STANLEY (twice), Southport, St Albans and even Hendon outisng the dismal Stevenage fans. It's loking unlikely but....

Snarling Mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 22:36   #59
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
Still 2-0 down at half time....If we play like we have in the majority of our home games this season we can turn it around. We cannot afford for players not to turn up and perform. For me at least, that means changes for the second leg.
Well we won't be able to pass the ball around their massed defence, so we need Putterill and Turner on from the start. They are both capable of having the strength to take men on and burst through the tackles, which Craney and Macca were plainly incapable of tonight. It's muck or nettles now.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-2011, 22:38   #60
Full Member+

McConville, Craney, Ryan. Gornell - and even Luke Joyce for once, never showed up tonight -and.Cisak came for their second like a rabbit trapped in headlights! We got exactly what we deserved - and if we play like that on Friday.we're out. We are so-o-o much better than that! We can only hope that Coley works his magic in the next few days or there'll be some devastated Stanley fans come Friday evening. I still believe - but only just.
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..