Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2011, 15:58   #106

Re: Stevenage Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C (SBFC) View Post
You lot crack me up. Moaning about the ref and how biased he was towards Stevenage, but in 7 pages worth of comments, not one of you have mentioned the disgusting cynical hack when we were through 5 on 1 against you, and then that animal attacking our player for daring to be upset about it.
he wasnt the last man! as explained on the full time analysis last night, he still had to play the ball to a player to make it a goal scoring opportunity! yellow card justified!

as for mark roberts, to try and get players sent off disgraceful! i look forward to friday.

Last edited by Stanleymad; 16-05-2011 at 16:06. Reason: stop swearing *** removed
Gribbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-05-2011, 16:08   #107
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribbster View Post
he wasnt the last man! as explained on the full time analysis last night, he still had to play the ball to a player to make it a goal scoring opportunity! yellow card justified!

as for mark roberts, to try and get players sent off disgraceful! i look forward to friday.

KARMA IS A *****!
What has last man got to do with it? It was a clear goal scoring opportunity, which is what the rules say (as well as simply a bad tackle worthy of a straight red).

Greeny, as i said, we've the best defensive record in League 2, and have stopped most teams. Wycombe and Bury are the only teams who have had forwards who've torn us apart, but our problems have been goalscoring. Again yesterday, it wasn't our forwards scoring, we have been relying on the midfield arriving late and not being picked up.
Andy C (SBFC) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 16:18   #108
Senior Member+

some fair points Andyc , you play to your strengths and i have always liked your no 2 , who could easily play at an higher level.
I know byrom very well ,and hes a good footballing brain,with a great left foot,but even your manager was more concerned about stopping Acci playing than out playing them.
Indeed he played a centre back up front when you have forwards on the bench!!!
Watch the game again and you will see your experienced players trying to rough acci up instead of outplaying them.
The game stats suggest there wasnt much in the game,and acci can play 50% better.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 16:19   #109

Quote:
What has last man got to do with it? It was a clear goal scoring opportunity, which is what the rules say (as well as simply a bad tackle worthy of a straight red).

Come on people this level of cluelessness is clearly not worthy of reply, he's coming here to wind people up and he's succeeding.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 16:24   #110

Quote:
cant have been that bad of a challenge, just watch how quick he got up.
Old 16-05-2011, 16:27   #111
Senior Member+

Possession was 50-50 with stevenage having 7 shoots on target and Acci 5 , that will change at the crown ground and we will see a different kind of pressure,if stevenage cope with it ,then they deserve to go through,but thats a big IF
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 16:35   #112
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gribbster View Post
cant have been that bad of a challenge, just watch how quick he got up.
He may not have managed to injure him, but it was a bad and cynical tackle.

Sam, genuinely not on the wind up - just thought i'd read through the comments, and couldn't believe the comments about the ref and not one mention of the two worst things the ref didn't punish properly.

Football19 - Charles has actually been playing up front for us in 95% of his games since November time. He came on late against MK Dons in the FA Cup replay, caused havoc and scored the goal that took it to pens, and ever since then has been used whenever we've needed someone to hold the ball up up front. His great feet as well for his height make him a nightmare to play against, and is wasted at left back.

Your home record is amazing, so i am still nervous at 2-0. As you've all said, if you get a goal in the first half it'll be well and truly game on, especially after the game at ours earlier in the season.
Old 16-05-2011, 16:36   #113
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Andy C (SBFC) Can you exsplain why every time one of your player fell over and faked injury most of your team went over to have a team talk with your manager!!!
Old 16-05-2011, 16:41   #114
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Andy C (SBFC) Can you exsplain why every time one of your player fell over and faked injury most of your team went over to have a team talk with your manager!!!
We don't fake injury (any more). Any breaks were as the result of tackles and the manager obviously wants to get points across to the team rather than just bawling out during the game when no-one listens.

Would freely admit that for the last couple of years when the game isn't going our way someone will go down with cramp etc (note, not trying to fake a bad tackle or suggest an opposition player had done anything) to do this, but we haven't done it since people started moaning about it. Both teams can make the most of the break in play - i suggest your manager uses the breaks in games to get his points across better.
Old 16-05-2011, 16:44   #115

Quote:
We don't fake injury (any more).
dont make me laugh....
Old 16-05-2011, 16:49   #116
Senior Member+

Read this people.....................

The Stevenage Boro Fc "dislike" Thread. - The Football Forum - More Than Just A Game - Page 3

Says alot really.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 16:50   #117
God Member

Andy C the better & hungrier team on the night won that can't be denied.

It's down to the Reds now to dust themselves down, take stock and go again on Friday the next goal now in the fixture is the most crucial.

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 16:57   #118
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
People don't hate bad teams. People hate teams that annoying them by beating them, especially when those clubs are smaller than them.

Edit: The funniest thing i've just read in that thread is the Barnet fan posting this last summer:

Ahhh the newly promoted sense of over confidence. How I've missed you.

Enjoyed that, thanks :-)

Last edited by Andy C (SBFC); 16-05-2011 at 17:01.
Old 16-05-2011, 17:00   #119

Quote:
Sam, genuinely not on the wind up - just thought i'd read through the comments, and couldn't believe the comments about the ref and not one mention of the two worst things the ref didn't punish properly.
Fair enough if your not here on the wind up, in which case I bring to point the blatant penalty for the elbow in the back of our captains head ?
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 18:30   #120
Junior Member+

Some fair comments there and I won't be rude enough to come on here and give it some.

Our discipline has never been as you describe and can't remember any season in the last 10 where we have had more than 4 reds. Our away record is greater than our home at 7th best in the league, so there will be no busses parking up. I think the atmos, Ultras and pitch will give you a slight advantage on the night, but am very confident we will come attacking for the win, end up with a draw and prevail in to the final. If we do come defending, congratulations on reaching Old Trafford.

If we don't, so be it. Like yourselves we have exceeded expectation.
DantySFC is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..