Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-05-2011, 20:22   #121
God Member

Re: Stevenage Game

are you sure you're a Stevenage fan? you've got, like, manners and stuff?
Old 16-05-2011, 21:04   #122
God Member

Perhaps it was a mistake by Coleman to drop so many first-teamers for the Burton game. Looking at the performance yesterday, it seemed that the team had lost all its momentum and winning mentality. The players looked completely unprepared for their biggest game of the season and the management have to take part of the blame for that.

Coleman out

Still angry about how gutless we were. Really, really disappointing and demoralising.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 21:07   #123
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C (SBFC) View Post
You lot crack me up. Moaning about the ref and how biased he was towards Stevenage, but in 7 pages worth of comments, not one of you have mentioned the disgusting cynical hack when we were through 5 on 1 against you, and then that animal attacking our player for daring to be upset about it.

You should've been down to 9 men, and should be thankful that the ref was rubbish.

Potter - do not believe what the FLS say about us being some long ball team, we've played plenty of teams off the park this season with our passing football, and you got just a taster of it on Sunday. Yes, we often clear it long when under pressure, but that is in no way 'the way we play'.

And the comment about Roberts never being good enough for Stanley? Haha, him and Ashton stopped anything you (and most of the rest of League 2) had to throw at us this season, just look who had the best defensive record. You'd give your own arm to have him in your team.

See you Friday, looking forward to it :-)
You forgot to mention how generous Stanley players are when one of your players was offered a free vasectomy
Old 16-05-2011, 22:35   #124
Senior Member+

Last few comments / banter RUBBISH! I was there and ended up disappointed and very frustrated. Disappointed like many other fans with some individual Stanley players performances. Frustrated by a poor refereeing performance which allowed the highly physical bullying approach by Boro to go on and on unchecked. Yes, some of the Boro players were well and truly up for it but look at the Foul Stats.... Stanley 13 Boro 20 but Boro should have easily clocked up another 20 because the Ref allowed far too much pushing in the backs of Stanley players and too much arm wrestling too. Take a look at the photo of Dean Winnard, (He's no softy or chicken!), being wrestled and fore arm smashed to the ground in The Guardian Sport website!! This was typical of events throughout the whole match. Yes a poor performance by the three most forward players for Stanley ...one out of ten shared between the three of them! But equally as bad was the Referee's performance and the aggressive and bullying tactics by Boro. Edwards tackle was penalised with a booking but I really and honestly thought he got the ball. Immediately after that a Boro defender did exactly the same at t'other end and although ref gave a free kick ...No booking!! ???Conistency ???
Roll on Friday and let the sport of Football be the winner. The Stanley team need to be absolutely up for this one and hope the different Ref will let the football be played fairly. Great atmosphere...Boro fans were as aggressive verbally as their players were on the pitch. Great turn out by stanley fans and once again the ultras were Brilliant except for one thing...Leave the stupid and dangerous Smoke Canisters at home. Better still, if you are the guys that bring them, take them to bed, pull your bed clothes over your head and set them all off !!! These WILL get us into trouble and spoil all the great work done by the fans. The flags were tremendous too. Come on Friday and COME ON STANLEY
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-2011, 22:53   #125
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Last few comments / banter RUBBISH! I was there and ended up disappointed and very frustrated. Disappointed like many other fans with some individual Stanley players performances. Frustrated by a poor refereeing performance which allowed the highly physical bullying approach by Boro to go on and on unchecked. Yes, some of the Boro players were well and truly up for it but look at the Foul Stats.... Stanley 13 Boro 20 but Boro should have easily clocked up another 20 because the Ref allowed far too much pushing in the backs of Stanley players and too much arm wrestling too. Take a look at the photo of Dean Winnard, (He's no softy or chicken!), being wrestled and fore arm smashed to the ground in The Guardian Sport website!! This was typical of events throughout the whole match. Yes a poor performance by the three most forward players for Stanley ...one out of ten shared between the three of them! But equally as bad was the Referee's performance and the aggressive and bullying tactics by Boro. Edwards tackle was penalised with a booking but I really and honestly thought he got the ball. Immediately after that a Boro defender did exactly the same at t'other end and although ref gave a free kick ...No booking!! ???Conistency ???
Roll on Friday and let the sport of Football be the winner. The Stanley team need to be absolutely up for this one and hope the different Ref will let the football be played fairly. Great atmosphere...Boro fans were as aggressive verbally as their players were on the pitch. Great turn out by stanley fans and once again the ultras were Brilliant except for one thing...Leave the stupid and dangerous Smoke Canisters at home. Better still, if you are the guys that bring them, take them to bed, pull your bed clothes over your head and set them all off !!! These WILL get us into trouble and spoil all the great work done by the fans. The flags were tremendous too. Come on Friday and COME ON STANLEY
Must agree with you on this one choirboy.i don't know and really don't wont to know who through the smoke bombs,But this time it has had caused harm to a little 9yr old stanley fan who was admitted in to hospital suffering from the effects of the smoke!!! wont name names but come on enough is enough
Old 16-05-2011, 23:32   #126
bdc

Only saw the game on Sky so it is difficult to know the full ins and outs of the game. We struggled against a physical team who bossed the game from front to back, we were outmuscled and outfought by a better team on the day. There was very little in terms of play from the wingers and the full backs were pegged back which cut any chance of link up play. Craney didn't look fit and should have been substituted at half time. We were unable to win many headers at the back and this could have been remedied by bringing on Kevin Long.

Why were smoke bombs and flares being let off yet again? How many times are the club going to be let off with this by the authorities? Do people not realise that this will no doubt cause the club problems?! As other people have said Chris Turner should've been on the bench at least if not just to give us a different option to change formation. With a winger running against their defenders there would have been a chance of getting some balls in which would've created chances plus pacey wingers can draw fouls and create dead ball chances that may just end up being converted.

As for Friday, we still have a chance but we must fly out of the blocks and get a goal in the first 30 minutes otherwise if we let them dictate the pace we will lose again. Not many changes are needed, the lads deserve a chance to redeem themselves but Long needs to be in for Hessey.
bdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 08:54   #127
Senior Member+

Shakermaker,you are spot on regarding the team against Burton.
I posted my reservations at the time and it certainly showed in the first half.
It was as though the team thought they only had to turn up to get a win or draw and were basically smashed in the first period.
It was obvious from the start Edwards wasnt 100% fit ,and was not his usual self, and i would have played Long (although he went off against burton so he may not be 100%).
Get yourself down on friday,as i know there will be fireworks on the pitch !!!,we will see how they react when the tackles start flying in,i suspect they wont like it
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 09:25   #128
Full Member+

agree with BDC . Smoke bombs are danderous even if not meant to be deliberate at anyone,BUT the powers that be have every right to close a terrace should smoke bombs be used . I do hope no one brings any on Fri , hope we all have more sense. I do hope the 9year old child has now been allowed home and has recovered from the smoke.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 17:39   #129

there were dozens of Stanley fans escaping the stupid smoke canister - realise that the culprit thought it would look good visually, but gave no thought to the medical problems caused to all those with asthma & other chest problems. Hope the ultras will ensure it's not repeated, also the stuff with till rolls that marred our reputation v. Newcastle.
Come on the lads - job to be done - shots on target & plenty of 'em .
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 18:47   #130

my new stanley top now has a hole in the back where someone has stood behind me and burnt it with smoke bomb.... not happy
Old 17-05-2011, 19:08   #131
Super Moderator

I'm lead to believe that a lovely little girl who loves this club so much words will never be enough, is recovering at home. Will she want to come on Friday?? I hope and pray she does. We need that 12th man, lady and children

At Stevenage on Sunday, there were 350 proud Accy fans in a stand that holds 1400. I know of 7 that needed medical help.

On Friday there is NO ROOM on the Clayton End, 1400 + loud, proud, FANtastic Accringtonians. We need all of your noise, IF silly things occur ( I hope and pray and beg they don't) Will we be focusing on being the 12th man, or will dozens be in hospital after breathing in smoke??

Please, please, BACK THE BOYS AND BELIEVE, loud and proud but nothing silly

RANT OVER, THANK YOU
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 19:09   #132

thanks to everyone for the txts messages and calls about hannah she is home alot better than she was just needs a couple of follow up blood tests and she should be fine

edited to say she will be there Friday

Last edited by katei77; 17-05-2011 at 19:11.
katei77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 19:13   #133
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by katei77 View Post
thanks to everyone for the txts messages and calls about hannah she is home alot better than she was just needs a couple of follow up blood tests and she should be fine

Thanks for the update, BUT we shouldn't be needing to have this discussion.

Our FANtastic fans of all ages need treating well. Sir Ilyas was in the away end, hope he's OK? Damn good job Freeman Jack Barrett didn't travel!
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 19:38   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr T View Post
I'm lead to believe that a lovely little girl who loves this club so much words will never be enough, is recovering at home. Will she want to come on Friday?? I hope and pray she does. We need that 12th man, lady and children

At Stevenage on Sunday, there were 350 proud Accy fans in a stand that holds 1400. I know of 7 that needed medical help.

On Friday there is NO ROOM on the Clayton End, 1400 + loud, proud, FANtastic Accringtonians. We need all of your noise, IF silly things occur ( I hope and pray and beg they don't) Will we be focusing on being the 12th man, or will dozens be in hospital after breathing in smoke??

Please, please, BACK THE BOYS AND BELIEVE, loud and proud but nothing silly

RANT OVER, THANK YOU
I thik you may be wasting your breath MR T, as a group the ultras are fantastic and do self police the clayton end but there appears to be an outside faction who in my opinion have no respect or consideration for the people around them ( a prime example was at the end of the last home game when people where asked not to go on the pitch and a group of about 10 youngsters thought it was clever to ignore the request) maybe when the club is fined or the clayton end is shut maybe they will get the message.
I can understand friday is a big game and no doubt there will be a party atmosphere but the eye,s of the world will be on us so please no till rolls or smoke bombs just loud and proud please.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2011, 20:10   #135
God Member

For anyone who missed it first time round

BBC Sport - Highlights - Stevenage 2-0 Accrington Stanley

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..