Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-10-2017, 20:34   #31
God Member

Re: Stevenage Match Thread.

3-2 boo!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-10-2017, 20:40   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Lost 3-2 results went our way n we cocked it up.
keep the faith likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 17-10-2017 at 20:44.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 20:43   #33
Senior Member+

How on earth did we throw this match away?
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 20:44   #34
God Member

Clearly, playing teams away just after they've been hammered by Luton isn't working.
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
Old 17-10-2017, 20:48   #35
God Member

3 goals from 4 shots on target from Satanage!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg image.jpeg (41.9 KB, 6 views)
Old 17-10-2017, 20:55   #36

Did we drop off in the last 10 mins and let them build a head of steam by any chance or were they as spawny as the stats suggest?
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 20:59   #37

Just let it slip. Very frustrating.

they are not a good team but credit to them for working their way back into it and capitalung with the few chances they had. I thought we seemed a bit light in the centre of midfield today but otherwise no one really played badly.

Big Ben should have buried a header right at the end (well that's what it looked like as I rose from my seat to acclaim the equaliser).
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 21:25   #38

We shouldn't have let it slip. We had numerous chances to clear our lines before their second and the winner was ridiculous, conceding approx 5 seconds after launching a free kick into their half. Three decent finishes from them, but all were unchallenged. Poor 2nd half from us, no response to an increase in tempo from them. Agree we had no forward momentum from centre-mid. They were a shadow of some of the snarling, aggressive Stevenage sites we've battled against in the past. We let them back into it.
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 21:48   #39

Cooley is fuming and rightly so, not happy we have conceded 20 goals this season, one thing we know from the conference winning season we never make it easy for ourselves.
Old 18-10-2017, 06:25   #40

Coley, in his interview, says he's definitely making changes on Saturday and one or two players have become too comfortable.

Who will that be? Rawson back in? Wilks given more of a run, or possibly McCleod? Brown back?

I don't see any obvious contenders to be dropped.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 06:45   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Coley, in his interview, says he's definitely making changes on Saturday and one or two players have become too comfortable.

Who will that be? Rawson back in? Wilks given more of a run, or possibly McCleod? Brown back?

I don't see any obvious contenders to be dropped.
I don't think it matters who gets dropped, it's the message that it sends to a he players. Perhaps drop Jackson, Nolan and the Don to the bench and bring in Wilkes, Brown and Forbes?
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 08:36   #42

I'd be surprised if Kayden was fit for Saturday, he was limping before the end of the game and should have been taken off. Even if he's one of those lads who wants to carry on no matter what, his longer-term fitness and his future availability for the team ought to be the priority. At the back, with Hughesy and Ben in the middle, we're susceptible to nippy strikers getting in behind us, particularly on the counter, such as Godden last night. As much as I appreciate both of these lads, maybe we need a slight re-jig at the back, especially if the oppo have pace up front rather than height.
Phil Whalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 08:39   #43

I bet the coach back last night was a right good laugh.

I think Coley's threat to drop players was made a bit too soon after the game when still
hurting. I can't see who he would drop from our strongest XI. The team nearly got a point from Stevenage which would have been a good result so we can't have played badly, surely.

McCleod and Sousa are impact players so can't see either starting away to Crewe. so no changes in the wide men.

Kee while suffering from new contractitis on Saturday is our fulcrum. Jackson doesn't look 100% but is critical In terms of pace and movement.

Centre halves OK, Centre mid- no alternatives. Tinkering with the full backs- maybe.
AccyMad likes this.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 08:51   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
I don't think it matters who gets dropped, it's the message that it sends to a he players. Perhaps drop Jackson, Nolan and the Don to the bench and bring in Wilkes, Brown and Forbes?

Are you having a laugh???
AccyMad, cashman and monkey hanger like this.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-10-2017, 09:16   #45

He'll have to make at least one change now, not doing would undermine his authority and never be taken seriously if uses that threat again.
Wasn't at the game last night but based on performances so far this season we seem weakest at left back and right wing. Sometimes centre midfield goes missing, but can't drop Nolan - only real physical presence - and can't drop the captain.

Also don't think it's time for panic stations yet. If we had been offered this position at beginning on the season, think everyone would have taken it, given how poorly we started last season.
accybeme likes this.
Tom D is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..