Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-11-2018, 14:59   #1

Stick yer Yorkshire Puddings (aka Barnsley match)

Decent first half but very few chances.
Finley having a great game.
We will struggle to get a goal I fear, although Clark looks a threat.
Zanzala lively but being well handled by their defence. Is Charman on the bench?
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-11-2018, 16:28   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Stick yer Yorkshire Puddings (aka Barnsley match)

Thought today our distribution let us down big time.
Old 17-11-2018, 16:58   #3
God Member

Bugga..Had to sleep through this effort, big golf game today, but am disappointed to see the scoreline. I look forward to reading other members views on the match, and as the thread title suggests, I will ask my better half to refrain from presenting a certain 'pudding' with tonights Sunday roast .
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 17:30   #4

First half I thought fairly even. We where strong first few minutes. Second half we huffed and puffed but didn't really lay a glove on them. Ran out of ideas I feel. We weren't able to break them down and on the occasions we did they bought are lads down and took the yellow card. Fairly play to barnsley, bought plenty of fans to fill our coffers. The team are a good side, physically and good at game management (the dark arts, rolling around when fouled and seeing the game out when down to 10 men). Annoys us but that not there problem. Lots of endeavour but no many stood out for us today. Jordan Clark made some good mazy runs. I am still pinching myself to see Livingstone road full of coaches, 4800 on for a Saturday league game in November! This is part of the great experience of being in the third division of English football.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 17:32   #5

Regards distribution, we where put under pressure and some of the lads seem to rush there passes/balls Ripley had a few bad goal kicks to boot.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 17:50   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

To be honest we didn't play that badly at all, but if distribution is poor against a good side then yer likely to get punished, as for Barnsleys Dark arts, i would be embarrassed if we resorted to the tactics they did towards the latter end of the game, Think J.Cs summary is pretty good.
AccyMad likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 17-11-2018 at 17:54.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 18:43   #7
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Decent first half but very few chances.
Finley having a great game.
We will struggle to get a goal I fear, although Clark looks a threat.
Zanzala lively but being well handled by their defence. Is Charman on the bench?
Have to agree speedy Zanzalis was being man handled by their defence but did get a free kick OUTSIDE the box after a fair tackle, but nothing given for a two handed shove in the back that was inside the box. Seeing the game out (time wasting) thought Barnsley did this very well with the help of a weak Ref and the Fans in the E W stand. All in all not a good result but it did show how far we have come.

P.S. we never play well against 10
AccyMad and cashman like this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 19:03   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

The 2 handed shove in the box was ridiculously ignored by the ref who had a clear view only 8-10 ft away.
chevyfire likes this.
Old 17-11-2018, 19:04   #9
Full Member+

Have to agree with you ferret man - going back to non league days we always seem to be unable manage when opponents change their game plan when they have been reduced to 10.

Last edited by pifco; 17-11-2018 at 19:07. Reason: used wrong word
pifco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 19:16   #10

The only disappointment for me was that we goofed it forwards when we had a mannadvantage. Apart from that we matched a good team.
Don’t agree about Barnsley. They wasted time but no more than everyone else does. I didn’t think the Zanzala incident was a penalty either.

I’m amazed no one else has mentioned Finley’s performance. I thought it was astonishing for 70 mins. Massive work rate, great tackling and positional play, superb passing and movement forward. A complete joy to watchZ
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 19:20   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

We thought Finley @ Clarky were the best 2 of our players by a mile.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 17-11-2018, 19:57   #12
Senior Member+

Let’s get things into perpective. Barnsley will be out of this league at the end of the season. In fact I think they’ll win it.
Made a conscious decision to fight hard to keep their prized assets and when one had to go (Bradshaw) reinvested immediately in Watmore.
Fantastic recruitment policy they have.
So in reality we were up against a Championship set up.
One of their player alone earns 125% of what our squad earns.
I don’t understand why anyone would criticise their time wasting / game management.
We have the ultimate in Billy when the need arises.
Not a result to worry about - decent performance.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 20:34   #13
God Member

Sorry, but if you don't understand about their time wasting tactics then imo you don't understand about fair football tactics! Their goalie alone must've wasted god knows how much time on his goal kicks!!!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2018, 20:47   #14
Senior Member+

So you’ve never seen Billy or Sean up to no good ??? Come on even Coley admitted it.
If we’re in front at Barnsley and down to ten men what would you expect of us ?
We’re not called Corinthians.
Everybody bends the rules ...... how far depends on the ref.
Lord Didsbury likes this.
Old 17-11-2018, 21:07   #15
Senior Member+

Did you go to Oxford ? Have a think about the last 10 minutes.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..