Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2006, 11:39   #16

Re: Still only 4 scored more than us

players are no different from us, they just want to get paid.
if a player could have the option of staying at accrington his whole career on 400 a week and going down as an accrington legend, or going to a mediocre 1st division outfit and getting 2k a week and nobody remembering who they are as soon as there gone. they would all take the money. all our players see accy as a stop gap before they go try onto better things apart from mullin id say.
kimberly-clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-11-2006, 11:41   #17
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Mannix showed great potential, especially considering he'd only met his team mates a couple of days before. Reckon you lot will be really impressed when you see him next Saturday!
Yup I even started a thread on him so impressed was I .. Hopefully it's how he plays all the time... However he is only here for match fitness.. a month.. hope more..But just loan unfortunatly ..
Old 27-11-2006, 11:45   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly-clark View Post
all our players see accy as a stop gap before they go try onto better things apart from mullin id say.
yeagh I "think" mulin took a drop in wages to take his chance in a lifetime as a full time player... I "think" he still has his business with someone running it for him so he has that to fall back on.. but he wanted to take what would then have been his only chance as a full time pro... to be a league player was a massive bonus and probably whats kept him going.. He doesn't need the job or the money As far as I know.. But it's his life and what he wants out of it rather than loyalty to accy stanley..

If Man utd or liverpoola sked him to play for them he would.. they all would you just know it aint gonna happen
Old 27-11-2006, 11:49   #19

Evil and Corrupt

I could be in a Beatles cover band getting 2x 4x the pittance I get in CC.
But I keep my integrity.
It`s not impossible to dream that others might believe that something very small might become something very great.

Accrington Stanley is the perfect team to return to the league with certain values that have been lost since they were last here. When I stop believing that little people can make a difference

I cant really finish that sentance.

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 12:04   #20
God Member

So your saying that if a band making millions each week wanted you to join them... making at least a million quid a month.. you would say no....

Hand up everyone who thinks zero would turn down a million quid a month in order to ....well what?

meanwhile back in the real world....
Old 27-11-2006, 12:20   #21

Only for a loan period until I`d got enough money for the

Celtic Cross Clayton Covering (with bar)

I would much rather achieve my own success, and would probably antagonise people too much and get the sack anyway.

If I had the priveledge too ascend from the conference with a great name like Stanley there`s nowhere I`d rather be.

www.panjenix.co.uk
Old 27-11-2006, 12:34   #22
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
No its football that`s lost the plot.
Cash Is King.
What Bull ****....... if you were offered a recording contract with a major lable and touring dates, accomodation and a signing on bonus, but you had to live in London, you would turn it down?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 12:37   #23

If it was for my own band sure, but not some outfit I didn`t believe in.

www.panjenix.co.uk
Old 27-11-2006, 12:45   #24

BTW the analogy you`re making is more like Craney signing for Chelsea not Swansea.

www.panjenix.co.uk
Old 27-11-2006, 12:55   #25

lets be honest though zero, swansea in terms of set up are streets ahead of accy. The accy set up is terrible at best. yes were new to league football but you cant blame players for wanting to go. we havent got a roof, the bar is terrible, th pay cant be great, the training ground is bleak, there isnt a dietician at the club, the club is totally amateur, the lads play their hearts out while there here but as soon as a better club comes sniffing they will be gone in a second
Old 27-11-2006, 13:39   #26

Yes I agree with you that we are the smallest of clubs, even compared to other minnows of league 2. We`re bound to get head hunted. All I`m saying is it`is a far greater thing to achieve greatness through dedication to a cause than to be whisked away to (heh heh) Glory. People`s values have changed but that doesn`t mean it`s right. However it`s a habit that will take a long time to unlearn, but like Stanley`s original demise nothing is irreversible. We can set standards instead of following them. Facilities will get better if everyone sticks with it, (who needs dieticians anyway? they`ve managed on pies and lager this long) Stanley have made a big jump quick now we need to keep everyone on board by fingernails and skins of teeth until the club can catch up on the momentum of the team. I think Coley can keep us up whatever he has to borrow, and i think Stanley can grow into their new suit.

Everyone Together, Everyone Together, Everyone Together, NOW

www.panjenix.co.uk
Old 27-11-2006, 13:50   #27
God Member

Quote:
All I`m saying is it`is a far greater thing to achieve greatness through dedication to a cause than to be whisked away to (heh heh) Glory.
I think we all know that.. But people will take there chances when they come rather than hope for it. thats just the way it is.. expecting people to play on for one club in the hope that they may eventually make it up another 2 leagues and be a part of it.. well.. hmm

Quote:
Everyone Together, Everyone Together, Everyone Together, NOW
At the moment we are not doing well.. thats what people will talk about..why would you want to change that? it would be a very odd world if everyone just said nice things even when times are bad.. very odd indeed..
Old 27-11-2006, 13:55   #28

Yes but lets have 1 thread of reasons to be cheerful.
Although its strayed well away from that already.

www.panjenix.co.uk
Old 27-11-2006, 14:03   #29
God Member

How much did you contribute to the one I started then? and if you only want nicey nicey posts then say that at the start.. like I did in the one i started that you didnt post in.. http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=26035
Old 27-11-2006, 14:04   #30

dieticians are essential. especially at our level, you need every edge to be better than your oppenent. i actually think is a farce the club doesnt employ one, my 6th form team at school had a dietician so i cannot see why a proffesional footballing side dont.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..