Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-11-2006, 14:06   #31

Re: Still only 4 scored more than us

Sorry KC I was being sarcastic

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-11-2006, 14:11   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
How much did you contribute to the one I started then? and if you only want nicey nicey posts then say that at the start.. like I did in the one i started that you didnt post in.. http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=26035
Sorry Kipax I missed that one. I`ll think of something for that one.

It`s been a lovely afternoon of discussion.
A pleasure to know you people.
But I`ve got to go shopping with the Missus
ON STANLEY ON

No-One is completely useless........
They can always serve as a bad example.
www.panjenix.co.uk
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 21:03   #33

Look, Accy is a Div 2 club with a Unibond ground and facilities. Don't lets kid ourselves, the football world moves on at a pace and Accy is locked into a timewarp. What do you want...Bury's ground (yes please) and there debts (no thanks), or a team that wins games (yes please) and increased season ticket prices (no thanks). The fans have to make a choice as does the management and Directors.
fettler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 22:03   #34
God Member

eeerm we arn't winning games.. can you explain your point please ?
Old 27-11-2006, 23:01   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberly-clark View Post
lets be honest though zero, swansea in terms of set up are streets ahead of accy. The accy set up is terrible at best. yes were new to league football but you cant blame players for wanting to go. *we havent got a roof, **the bar is terrible, th pay cant be great, the training ground is bleak, ***there isnt a dietician at the club, the club is totally amateur, the lads play their hearts out while there here but as soon as a better club comes sniffing they will be gone in a second
* - aah i didn't think of that, maybe that's why giggs didn't sign in the summer?
** - you're right, if the bar's crap what is there to play for?
*** - couldn't agree more, i mean does eric not know that before you can begin to build a sustainable football league club and attract the best players, a dietician is a MUST.....
....I've read some mad stuff on ere before, but crikey this takes the biscuit

FELIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2006, 23:04   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FELIX View Post
....I've read some mad stuff on ere before, but crikey this takes the biscuit
i take it ya didn't read denise post the other day then?. about how she was talking to coleys son and there may not be a club in two years time ... sorry but thats the prize winner
Old 28-11-2006, 07:43   #37

Smile Re: Still only 4 scored more than us

I dont know what all the fuss is about. I seem to remember only a couple of seasons ago we had a 'black' October and pretty inconsistent performances right up until the new year when we only lost 4 games for the rest of the season and just narrowly missed out on the playoffs! Ok the level has improved since then but I believe thats going to happen again and I have no worries at all about staying up this season. Coley and Jimmy are sheer class at their job and I guarantee they will turn this current bad patch around so stop ya slagging off of players (Now Craney and Roberts have gone, I wonder whose next to be in the 'slagging off' firing line) and start supporting for a change.

Jimbo T fed up with readin sh*te on ere blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!

Last edited by Jimbo T Hornblower; 28-11-2006 at 07:47.
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2006, 19:53   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIPAX View Post
i take it ya didn't read denise post the other day then?. about how she was talking to coleys son and there may not be a club in two years time ... sorry but thats the prize winner

Yes, Kipax, I agree, these people who seem to imply they are 'in the know', yet fail to back up their comments, infuriate me. They are nothing more than 'glory hunters'.
I have just completed a new kitchen installation for one of the first team squad, & you would have to pull out my finger & toe nails before I told you, either, who it was, & what we talked about.
That's what being a professional is all about..... both me & him! and you!!

Last edited by KiTChener; 28-11-2006 at 19:58.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2006, 19:56   #39

Jimbo T fed up with readin sh*te on ere blower[/quote]

As a frequent reader, seldom poster, I agree wholeheartedly with the above comment!!!
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2006, 00:29   #40
God Member

kitchener.. me? a profesional.. dont be silly... call yourself and him one but leave me out of it thank you
Old 29-11-2006, 06:45   #41

Now the team are on a loosing streak, members have stopped slating the management, team, and chairman and decended into in-fighting with one and other....

Come on folk channel your passion towards the team on saturday, let's get behind `em and stop this rot...NOW!
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2006, 09:47   #42

"Accrington Stanley is the perfect team to return to the league with certain values that have been lost since they were last here. When I stop believing that little people can make a difference..."

Zero, football is business as far as the players are concerned. If all our players shared your values and integrity, most of them would be waiting for another trial at Everton or Liverpool...

The little people that make a difference are us the fans, not the players. We are the ones whose loyalty makes a difference. We are not going to move to Hereford if they offer fans cheaper tickets and a roof and bars in every stand and allow the fans to take drums into the ground. We have the loyalty.
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2006, 11:19   #43
Resting In Peace

There are also only 4 teams that have conceded more goals than us - Barnet, Grimsby, Boston and Macclesfield. We have proved that we can score goals in this league but unfortunately it's the same old story - our defence, or lack of it.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2006, 13:32   #44
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
There are also only 4 teams that have conceded more goals than us - Barnet, Grimsby, Boston and Macclesfield. We have proved that we can score goals in this league but unfortunately it's the same old story - our defence, or lack of it.
I've slways agreed with you on this point Jeff, but the problem is now worse as we no longer have the players who used to score goals.
Old 30-11-2006, 19:21   #45
Senior Member+

Smile Re: Still only 4 scored more than us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I've slways agreed with you on this point Jeff, but the problem is now worse as we no longer have the players who used to score goals.
I disagree. We still have Mullie Toddy Andy Mangan and Welch. Boco will hopefully return in late January.

We have Whalley and McGivern. Post 1971 Stanley has always been about regeneration and growth, getting the best people available and seeing them perform for the shirt.

We have a world famous name and can attract people others cannot.

I expect we will spend the substantial incoming transfer money wisely in the January transfer window.

Last edited by Haggis316; 30-11-2006 at 19:26.
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..