Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree306Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-05-2016, 13:35   #61
Senior Member+

Re: Summer Signings!

Bit of a surprise to see Mooney leave, but no surprise with the other 3. Good luck lads.

What's more surprising to me is that the likes of Carver, Barry and Proccy have been offered deals.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 23-05-2016, 13:40   #62
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

not much of a shock those 4, wish em well, we aint got very many under contract though, thats a bit of a worry, outa a good squad.
Old 23-05-2016, 13:43   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Bit of a surprise to see Mooney leave, but no surprise with the other 3. Good luck lads.

What's more surprising to me is that the likes of Carver, Barry and Proccy have been offered deals.
What is even more surprising is to see the likes of Matt Crooks and Josh Windass on the retained (players under 24 offered contracts) list. We all know they are off to Glasgow Rangers this summer. As for Proccy, I suspect he will sign on to assist Mike Newell with the first team coaching. Noticed last few matches he was running the warm up for the team. I have heard that Marcus Carver is off to pastures new as well. Before anyone asks, I don't know where, just told he was leaving the club. Feel sorry for 2 lads who signed deals after being with our youth side. What does that say to the kids signing on this year?
Greeny likes this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2016, 13:47   #64
Senior Member+

Hoping Coley can get a Elliot/Bettinelli type season long loan keeper with Ross as back up!

Suprised about Carver and Proc, Barry isn't our best midfielder but don't think he's a bad backup.

Haven't we offered Crooks and Windass deals just so we get some compensation or does that not count if they're out of contract?
Old 23-05-2016, 14:27   #65
God Member

Not really surprised at the four leaving, I heard a while back that Jason's going home to get married so kinda thought he'd be leaving regardless of if he was no. 2 goalie or not - best of luck to all four & let's hope that most of those who've been offered contracts stick around.
Agree with Ozzy about Proccy, some sort of coaching role would be ideal for him - don't want to lose his experience & influence
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2016, 14:53   #66
I am Banned

Dan jewell tweets atleast 4 have accepted new contracts in principle
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2016, 18:01   #67
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
What is even more surprising is to see the likes of Matt Crooks and Josh Windass on the retained (players under 24 offered contracts) list. We all know they are off to Glasgow Rangers this summer. As for Proccy, I suspect he will sign on to assist Mike Newell with the first team coaching. Noticed last few matches he was running the warm up for the team. I have heard that Marcus Carver is off to pastures new as well. Before anyone asks, I don't know where, just told he was leaving the club. Feel sorry for 2 lads who signed deals after being with our youth side. What does that say to the kids signing on this year?
The retained list isn't players who are staying, just ones you have made an offer to stay at least as good as their last one. It is needed to get compo.
cashman likes this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2016, 19:57   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Feel sorry for 2 lads who signed deals after being with our youth side. What does that say to the kids signing on this year?
That you have to be good and give 100%??

plenty of players have made it into the first team under Coleman, if you want to get into the first team of a club who finished 4th, you need to raise your game.

Crooks and Windass had to be offered deals to secure compensation.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2016, 23:09   #69
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Crooks and Windass got offered new contracts in early last season but got told not to except them by you know who
Old 24-05-2016, 08:55   #70
Senior Member+

Mab,
Dean windass was only looking after the best interest of his son, I would have done the same if Rangers wanted to sign my son.

I doubt Dean Windass advised Matt Crooks.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2016, 09:25   #71
Full Member+

I understand Marcus Carver has already left Stanley .Felt for that lad got a winning goal and puts us through to the second round od the FA cup last season , then gets dropped . I can't remember him being in the starting line since.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2016, 09:44   #72
God Member

I cant understand why Carver was offered any sort of deal. He hasnt had a look in for years under any of our previous managers and is obviously not going to make it, with us anyway. No point offering any deal even if its only £50 a week
Old 24-05-2016, 10:04   #73
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I cant understand why Carver was offered any sort of deal. He hasnt had a look in for years under any of our previous managers and is obviously not going to make it, with us anyway. No point offering any deal even if its only £50 a week
He's under 24
Old 24-05-2016, 10:44   #74
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Mab,
Dean windass was only looking after the best interest of his son, I would have done the same if Rangers wanted to sign my son.

I doubt Dean Windass advised Matt Crooks.
They both have the same agent!!,who to be fair has got them a great detail (but not for Acci !!)
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2016, 11:04   #75
God Member

Aye, F19, any agent will tell you the deal is all about the 'detail', especially their cut.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..