Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree306Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-05-2016, 14:25   #121
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Summer Signings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Is there any substance to these departures & re-signings? Nothing on fishy site or twitter that I can see?
Had heard that Tom Davies was going but hoping the rumours about the other two are just that, why would Buxton go to Tranmere - aren't they still in Conference?
That said, would be happy if it's true that Scott, Shay & Mark Hughes are staying - would love to keep all the squad if possible (I know that won't happen but if we can keep the majority that'd do for me)
I cannot get me head around the Buxton to Tranmere thing either, no disrespect to em, but i rate Buxton a bit better than Div2?
Old 27-05-2016, 21:02   #122
Senior Member+

AS one of the few people who does not rate Buxton (his fitness is shocking for a league player), I am also surprised why he would step down to the conference at a club who will find it hard again next season to get back into the football league.

I can only assume they have more than doubled his wages?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2016, 21:28   #123
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
AS one of the few people who does not rate Buxton (his fitness is shocking for a league player), I am also surprised why he would step down to the conference at a club who will find it hard again next season to get back into the football league.

I can only assume they have more than doubled his wages?
We don't know if Buxton or the others mentioned have gone anywhere yet - only one person seems to have heard about these rumours & they've gone strangely quiet when asked where the info has come from
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2016, 05:45   #124
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
We don't know if Buxton or the others mentioned have gone anywhere yet - only one person seems to have heard about these rumours & they've gone strangely quiet when asked where the info has come from
Its a strong rumour here in Morecambe about Dean Winnard.

And after we have released all but 2 of the defenders we had it would make sense to sign experienced replacements.
Morecambe_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2016, 07:32   #125
Senior Member+

Can football19 confirm?

Be gutted to lose Winnard
Dav1d and monkey hanger like this.
Old 28-05-2016, 08:34   #126
God Member

[QUOTE=Morecambe_Red;1169630]Its a strong rumour here in Morecambe about Dean Winnard.

can understand a player dropping down to the conference to a team like tranmere who must be one of the favourites for promotion. they are not tied by the fair pay system as lower football league clubs are so can pay stupid wages if they have a sugar daddy backer. as for dean going to Morecambe I can,t see his wages being much different from ours and in recent years players from Stanley who have moved there haven,t really set the world alight. better the devil you know.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2016, 10:03   #127
Full Member+

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1169635]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post

can understand a player dropping down to the conference to a team like tranmere who must be one of the favourites for promotion. they are not tied by the fair pay system as lower football league clubs are so can pay stupid wages if they have a sugar daddy backer. as for dean going to Morecambe I can,t see his wages being much different from ours and in recent years players from Stanley who have moved there haven,t really set the world alight. better the devil you know.
We haven't had much luck with injuries.

Peter Murphy missed most of last season with cruciate injuries. I am expecting a big season from him.
Molyneaux was improving towards the end of last season so again he will be a big player for us next season.
Paul Mullin had a couple of decent seasons for us.
Old 28-05-2016, 11:05   #128
God Member

you forgot padraid amond Morecambe. still think its a sideways move to leave us for your lot. would agree with you if a player moved the other way as well.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2016, 11:14   #129
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
you forgot padraid amond Morecambe. still think its a sideways move to leave us for your lot. would agree with you if a player moved the other way as well.

I would have kept Podge. I though he was a good player when played as a striker.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 28-05-2016, 16:29   #130
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArmy1968 View Post
Going to need a few new players as the following have left..

Winnard - Signed for Morecambe
Buxton - Signed for Tranmere
Davies - Signed for Gillingham

[QUOTE] from who or where please
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2016, 22:52   #131
Full Member+

I know two from the three have not signed for anybody else.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2016, 10:34   #132
Full Member+

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1169635]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morecambe_Red View Post

Tranmere with their crowds 3 times Stanley's can pay a lot more of their own earnings.

As I assume so can Doncaster, so stanley now have lost both keepers!
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2016, 19:36   #133
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Can football19 confirm?
It is totally unreasonable to expect football19 to comment on Dean's situation.
yerself, AccyMad, Redraine and 1 others like this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2016, 20:14   #134
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
It is totally unreasonable to expect football19 to comment on Dean's situation.
Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2016, 08:34   #135
Senior Member+

John Miles has been offered a new deal at Warrington Town but hasn't signed yet.
baldy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..