Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree57Likes
Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2019, 21:29   #1
Full Member
 
chevyfire's Avatar
 

Sunderland home thread

Sunderland played better than when we played them the 1st two times. Mcgeady scored a quality goal. Our tactics/formation which Coley is trying to tinker with a lot at present didn't work first half. In fact it was the poorest half I have seen us play this season.
For 20 mins second half we had a good go at Sunderland, the Sousa gamble was paying off. But we tired and Sunderland re-assumed control. You can't fault are lads effort, Sunderland looked at better team than us and are this season.
We have 3 massive games now, I am concerned ahead of them. Can we score enough goals. For me we are not moving the ball quick enough and the opposition are snuffing us out. Are offensive play is not creating enough at present.Defensively, Sykes can be great one moment but makes some poor decisions the next. Johnson has recently been found out defensively for me. The last 20 mins with Sousa and Johnson on that side it felt like we could be in deep trouble.
Anyhow if we can Scramble 2/3 wins from here (which i feel we could do). I will be chuffed.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
chevyfire is offline  
Accrington Web
Old 03-04-2019, 21:47   #2
Senior Member
 

Re: Sunderland home thread

I didn't think before the game we were going to get anything from tonight Sunderland top side with better players than ours bad time to concede the 2 but 2nd half we improved my main concern going into the season defining next 3 fixtures is we can't seem to buy a goal at the moment let's hope we can cure this few positives tonight even though he conceded 3 Dimitar looks a far better keeper than Maxted, Sousa looked sharp and perhaps deserves a start non positives Conneely subbed yet again at half time can we afford to start him again in such crucial games who would be a manager.
cashman and Lord Love Rocket like this.
andyd is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 22:03   #3
Full Member
 
Lord Love Rocket's Avatar
 

Re: Sunderland home thread

Like you said andyd the next three fixtures are masive feel for conneely just coming back from injurie I feel for any player getting hooked of at half time but it had to be done.Richards a million miles of and as for Hughes he's gone I've seen fitter and quicker CBs on a Sunday morning not good.
__________________
Lord Love Rocket is online now  
Old 03-04-2019, 22:15   #4
Full Member
 
Lord Love Rocket's Avatar
 

Re: Sunderland home thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
I didn't think before the game we were going to get anything from tonight Sunderland top side with better players than ours bad time to concede the 2 but 2nd half we improved my main concern going into the season defining next 3 fixtures is we can't seem to buy a goal at the moment let's hope we can cure this few positives tonight even though he conceded 3 Dimitar looks a far better keeper than Maxted, Sousa looked sharp and perhaps deserves a start non positives Conneely subbed yet again at half time can we afford to start him again in such crucial games who would be a manager.
On reflection I think he took Seamus off for his own good he was awful yet again just not good enough for this level, he tries though so credit for that but please don't start him again on Saturday, for his sake and ours!
keep the faith likes this.
__________________
Lord Love Rocket is online now  
Old 03-04-2019, 22:19   #5
Full Member+
 

Re: Sunderland home thread

It was certainly a game of two halves as they say, The first half we had no answer to Sunderland. We did well to go in only 2-0 down. second half a couple of changes gave us a lift. We did have 3 chances in the game but again failed to score. I agree that a good deal of our players are not League 1 quality. I still think we will stay up by the skin of our teeth, We need more experienced players and a decent striker. Coley was trying to pick the positives which he has to do. I do think we will all be biting our nails until the last game of this season. Lets see what we can afford to buy, sell, in players, Tonight was a bad day at the office. Last Saturday a draw would have been fair. Billy's goal was good for me. Now we need wins and nothing else will do.
Lord Love Rocket likes this.
Chrisr is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 22:34   #6
mab
God Member
 
mab's Avatar
 
Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Re: Sunderland home thread

Chasing shadows for most of the game ,when we had the ball gave it away for fun,thought Conneely had a good first half bit surprised he was subbed, McConville ineffective yet again Souca changed the game and deserves a start.
Chrisr likes this.
__________________
ACCRINGTON STANLEY FC We few, we happy few, we band of brothers
mab is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 22:55   #7
Senior Member
 

Re: Sunderland home thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Chasing shadows for most of the game ,when we had the ball gave it away for fun,thought Conneely had a good first half bit surprised he was subbed, McConville ineffective yet again Souca changed the game and deserves a start.
Iíve said it a million times but Iíll say it again. The way we set up the defensive midfield role is incredibly tough.
Scotty canít do it neither can Seamus at the moment. Just getting out numbered and our opponents have sussed us out with the high press.
For everyone that says Seamus did ok there will be a dissenting voice.
If heís out Saturday good luck to whoever gets the thankless task.
So if you keep Sousa in Mab that means leaving Clark on the bench because thereís no way McConvilles getting benched and personally I think heís been poor for a while now. So have others before everyone goes for my jugular.
Up top zero is happening no matter which combination is put together.
All in all a bit of inspiration needed.
Pray to your God whatever denomination you are because Saturday is critical.
Donít understand Rodgers being left out tonight.
If I had a choice this would be me Saturday.
Dimi
Rodgers Sykes Hughes
Johnson Finlay Conneely McConville
Clark
Kee Smyth
Twenty Eight is offline  
Old 03-04-2019, 22:57   #8
Full Member
 
Lord Love Rocket's Avatar
 

Re: Sunderland home thread

Yes man conneely was that good he got hooked of at half time Mmmm.
__________________
Lord Love Rocket is online now  
Old 04-04-2019, 06:08   #9
God Member
 
AccyMad's Avatar
 

Re: Sunderland home thread

For my two pennorth, I thought our lads gave it a damn good go last night against a team who obviously have more quality than we do - disappointing result but hardly a surprise given the opposition who played much better than in our other games against them (they were probably still stinging from Sunday's defeat).
I at least came home feeling like I'd watched a good game unlike last Saturday!
To be honest, my only gripe was the 'fans' who thought it apt to boo our lads off at half time, what good does that do anyone? No need for it
AccyMad is offline  
Old 04-04-2019, 06:30   #10
Senior Member
 

Re: Sunderland home thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Iíve said it a million times but Iíll say it again. The way we set up the defensive midfield role is incredibly tough.
Scotty canít do it neither can Seamus at the moment. Just getting out numbered and our opponents have sussed us out with the high press.
For everyone that says Seamus did ok there will be a dissenting voice.
If heís out Saturday good luck to whoever gets the thankless task.
So if you keep Sousa in Mab that means leaving Clark on the bench because thereís no way McConvilles getting benched and personally I think heís been poor for a while now. So have others before everyone goes for my jugular.
Up top zero is happening no matter which combination is put together.
All in all a bit of inspiration needed.
Pray to your God whatever denomination you are because Saturday is critical.
Donít understand Rodgers being left out tonight.
If I had a choice this would be me Saturday.
Dimi
Rodgers Sykes Hughes
Johnson Finlay Conneely McConville
Clark
Kee Smyth
I for one 28 agree about McConville was poor and has been for a while midfield enforcer we just haven't got one personally I think you could find room for both Sousa and Clark if we play like we did in the 2nd half in the next 3 games against poorer opposition we stand a chance of survival if not I fear the worse.
Chrisr likes this.
andyd is offline  
Old 04-04-2019, 07:30   #11
Senior Member
 

Re: Sunderland home thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Love Rocket View Post
Yes man conneely was that good he got hooked of at half time Mmmm.

Where did I say he was good ?
He's still trying to get back to 100% after a nasty injury.
Equally I assume you understand the term tactical substitutions ?
He took off a defensive midfielder and a defender replacing them with an attacking midfielder and a winger.
Reason ? 2-0 down and chasing the game.
Coley's decision totally different if we come in only 1 down.
monkey hanger likes this.

Last edited by Twenty Eight; 04-04-2019 at 07:34.
Twenty Eight is offline  
Old 04-04-2019, 07:35   #12
Senior Member
 

Re: Sunderland home thread

So Lord Love Rocket what is your reasoning for the Big Ben substitution ?
Twenty Eight is offline  
Old 04-04-2019, 07:36   #13
Senior Member
 

Re: Sunderland home thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
I for one 28 agree about McConville was poor and has been for a while midfield enforcer we just haven't got one personally I think you could find room for both Sousa and Clark if we play like we did in the 2nd half in the next 3 games against poorer opposition we stand a chance of survival if not I fear the worse.

I just cant see Coley going that offensive mate especially away at Wimbledon but understand your reasoning.
Twenty Eight is offline  
Old 04-04-2019, 07:48   #14
Senior Member+
 

Re: Sunderland home thread

[QUOTE=mab;1226494]Chasing shadows for most of the game ,when we had the ball gave it away for fun,

that was the main problem last night especially the first half with a side out that looked more like a side you,d send out for an away game to attempt to snatch a point. were sunderland that good or were we that bad. is the question. next three games for me will tell us which division we will be playing in next season and we need a more positive outlook than in the first half last night in them. at least clarke will be back but that will not help our central midfield failings.
monkey hanger is offline  
Old 04-04-2019, 08:39   #15
Member
 

Re: Sunderland home thread

Conneely was a million miles of it , as was hughes who struggles with any sort of pass in or around him or over the top of him , Callum Johnson looks a shadow of a player we had from last season. Sunderland a much better side than us if truth be told , billy Kee done well with what service he had an if him or Sean donít score it doesent look like a goal will come from anywhere else on the park , Also thaught Smyth was innefective an got brushed of the ball far to easily last night.
pidge is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 20:49.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.23932 seconds with 12 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1