Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-11-2006, 08:17   #1
God Member

Superstitions...

Most of us have them.When I played,I wore the same undies as the previous match(cleaned of course),until we lost.

Now I'm an avid Stanley fan,I have noticed that as I am up in the wee small hours of a Sunday here,listening to Dan and Kaz or live texts,if I have put my Accy shirt on,we loose. If I throw the scarf around me,we win or draw. .I want to wear the shirt,but I'm scared we will loose this weekend if I do.
Any other superstitions???????????
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-11-2006, 10:11   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Superstitions...

Strangely enough, I wear the same socks and underwear each home match (again washed of course) and it seems to work, mostly anyway. Does not seem to work when we play away and I cannot get to the match though!!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 18:42   #3

I did have a lucky FA cup sombrero up until saturday, it hadn't let me down(or got me on telly) for all of our biggest cup games...

Well, theres always next year.
spud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 19:24   #4
God Member

i always go to home and bargain about an hour before n ot cause i want to cause the missus always insists i go shopping with her before i go and watch stanley
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2006, 19:56   #5

and?
Old 15-11-2006, 20:02   #6

Any more decent stories/superstitions from big or even small games are great to hear. Not to sure about h&b.

Stevie Wonder anyone??
Old 15-11-2006, 20:30   #7
God Member

I have a superstition that counts for nowt regarding results mostly. But whilst I have carried out my superstition for seven out of about 12 years we have enjoyed a lot of success. Thus, I fully intend to carry on getting blathered every week for about the next forty years!
Old 16-11-2006, 10:17   #8
God Member

I always wear the same red & white shirt for every game
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2006, 13:46   #9

I always kiss the badge on my shirt before a match or better still, get somebody else to kiss it (preferably female but don't be too fussy, a win is a win!)

Not advisable with the Burnley badge. May cause your lips to fall off!
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-11-2006, 13:09   #10

Last season I wore the same coat and trainers, and never went to away games apart from Southport (which prooves my point!) and Woking which doesn't really count as i arrived 10 minutes before full time after breaking down on the motorway! Nothing seems to be working this season, I've been to almost every away game apart from Torquay...Although at hereford i gave my 'unlucky scarf' to one of their fans, lets hope it works for them eh? Maybe i should stick to the coat, trainers and home games only!!!
nadsw2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2006, 19:29   #11
God Member

well this week i missed home and bargain and look what happened
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2006, 20:14   #12

I always seem to miss a goal when I am reapplying my lippy. So when we desperately need a goal Freda and Kate will make me get my lippy out, its amazing how many times it really does work - and there are witnesses! But it only seems to work if I have my lucky white mirror - borrowing doesnt work.
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2006, 08:33   #13
God Member

Good grief Kisser
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 14:56   #14

Sorry Kiwi John - but its true! Maybe I shoulda been at Grimsby yesterday...
Kisser is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..