Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2009, 12:03   #16

Re: Symes!

symes play like that last year but we had to pair him with the old man of morecombe$$$$ so when $$$$$$$ left he filled it with class and loads of skill + = goals+ = 3 points if all them paly well keep it up and you will go high then morecombe and bradford
Grimps is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-12-2009, 12:21   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
was no need to use "pal" when ya don't know me, i dislike snotty kids.
Pal was a friendly term last time I knew... you've really got a stick up your arse about something.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 14:12   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Pal was a friendly term last time I knew... you've really got a stick up your arse about something.
brought up in different worlds sam, n times the use of that to me is derogatary/ confrontational, as fer sticks be very wary what ya wish.
Old 02-12-2009, 18:03   #19
God Member

Smile Re: Symes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
Symes is now leading the line and not playing second fiddle to Paul Mullin. I think Symes came into his own when Paul was transferred and he was given more responsibility.
Got to say that is my thoughts on the matter Jeff, was saying that to Cashy, when Mullers was there Symes was in his shadow, now he has gone, Symes and some of the others have stepped up to the plate and we are much better all round for it

Not disrespecting in any way, what Mullers did for us, but the time had come.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 18:32   #20

confidence self belief faith good run in team which is actually playing good football .......... mullers in his time was a good forward for stanley ....... but since we got promoted from the conferance it was my opinion that mullers was not good enough and we needed someone better up front ......................... now we have .............the wonderful michael symes and bobby bobby grant .........thanks coley
hasyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 19:05   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Got to say that is my thoughts on the matter Jeff, was saying that to Cashy, when Mullers was there Symes was in his shadow, now he has gone, Symes and some of the others have stepped up to the plate and we are much better all round for it

Not disrespecting in any way, what Mullers did for us, but the time had come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasyred View Post
confidence self belief faith good run in team which is actually playing good football .......... mullers in his time was a good forward for stanley ....... but since we got promoted from the conferance it was my opinion that mullers was not good enough and we needed someone better up front ......................... now we have .............the wonderful michael symes and bobby bobby grant .........thanks coley
you 2 sum it up very well to me, far as i'm concerned there is NO place fer sentiment in ANY sport. not if ya want progression.
Old 02-12-2009, 19:51   #22
God Member

I think there is a little of what everyone thinks that have contributed to the relevation that is Michael Symes:

He is a genuine target man
Tall & stong in the air but equally at home with the ball at his feet
Great awareness of those around him which compliments Bobby Grant and he has a great footballing brain which comes from being well grounded
He had a full pre season this year and has not been plagued by reoccurences of injuries

I will be the first to admit when he came on loan last season I only saw fleeting moments of the potential that he has shown and more than fulfilled so far this season and was not overly blown away when we signed him on a full contract but I am more than happy to admit I was wrong

Full Credit to the Lad & also Coley & Jimmy for showing genuine faith in him

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..