Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-11-2006, 22:09   #1
God Member

Team for grimsby

Well with a few comings and goings what do you think the team will be for saturday? My choices would be:

Robbie Elliot in the nets (i think he is the best keeper on our books, no disrespect to bavs but maybe the change could bt just what we need)

Phil Edwards at Right Back cavs out so hes the immediate replacement also gives our defense some fight which we will need

Rockie and Welchy centre backs, i thought they had another good game on saturday and have been unlucky with the amount of goals conceeded, they are forming a strong partnership

L Richardson Hardly another steady performer at left back

Left midfield has to be The new lad Shuan Whalley looked bright and quick for his short spell at the weekend

Centre midfeild, Andy Procter who constantly gives his all and has made the step up to league footy something i didnt think he would
, Ian Craney, who is one of the players who is so influential when hes on top form, still one of our best players when hes not on top form

Right MId, The main man at the moment Andy todd, always puts in 110% and its amazing just how quick he is when hes chasing down a ball, keep battling toddy

Upfront
Mullers - has to be first name on team sheet for coley, don't need to say anymore i dont think
Mcgivern - havent seen this lad play yet as i missed the mansfield game but from the report i heard he sounded good, plus hes adds to the balance of the team and will hopefully create a good partnership with mullers

So come on stanley lets show this fishys from coast what we are made of!
Old 23-11-2006, 10:20   #2
God Member

Re: Team for grimsby

I'd agree with that line up, if Craney is still with us, if not I'd put Joel Byrom alongside Proccy in midfield. Not sure what you mean by Leam Richardson hardly a steady performer though - Leam's been immense this season, always ready to get stuck in
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 12:28   #3
Junior Member+

I agree with the above, you obviously dont get to many stanley games, RICHARDSON has been a consistant player for us since joining the club!!! great plus point since he signed... p.s strange team selection against grimsby??? far better 2nd half but damage was done.
LJAY***** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 12:36   #4
God Member

was a typo, i changed my mind how to word it hafl way through and the edit feature has been removed was going to put "hardly put a foot wrong all season" but then changed my mind, to "another steady performer at left back"

Last edited by John_Timmins; 26-11-2006 at 12:45.
John_Timmins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-11-2006, 12:44   #5
God Member

Leam should never have been dropped, he has been one of our most consistent performers this year.
Old 28-11-2006, 12:57   #6
Junior Member+

Ok, let you off with th typo ;-)
glad you agree! lets hope we get a result tonight!!!
p.s just a quick1, i think we need a stronger midfield again, which will solve many ov our problems, wat you think?
LJAY***** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2006, 15:17   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJAY***** View Post
p.s just a quick1, i think we need a stronger midfield again, which will solve many ov our problems, wat you think?
A dictionary
Redash is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..