Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-01-2015, 19:09   #61
God Member

Re: Team -v- Wombles

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Amazing, it may well be the reason certain people dont go any more, yet you think its well said. Still think i know why yeh said that.

It's a reason why not a lot of people come on the Stanley forum anymore & I said well said because for once davo is right for a change. Come on I nearly wee'd my kecks.......really some of u expected a round of applause for getting on the coach? Think coley n bell have more pressing issues like dealing with the team and performance is more necessary, imho cos that will be the reason people come to the games.
DAV007 likes this.

ACCRINGTON STANLEY MAD!

Stanleymad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-01-2015, 19:13   #62
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Dean went across from right back to left back,held the lad up
Amazing how the fashionable euphemism "held the lad up" has come to replace the more accurate " failed to get in a tackle" these days!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 19:16   #63
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
It's a reason why not a lot of people come on the Stanley forum anymore & I said well said because for once davo is right for a change. Come on I nearly wee'd my kecks.......really some of u expected a round of applause for getting on the coach? Think coley n bell have more pressing issues like dealing with the team and performance is more necessary, imho cos that will be the reason people come to the games.
See mel yeh know it all, but know nowt. Nothing at all to do wi our management, nobody got on or wanted to get on the coach, so basically yeh dont know what yer talking about.
Old 25-01-2015, 19:17   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanleymad View Post
Sorry but that's a load of bullsh;t...Cashy's not on about Coley or Bell... Agree about Coley and Bell having more pressing matters at times but not nearly 2 hrs before kick off especially when they've all been in a hotel down the road all morning,but as I said you got the wrong end of the stick !!!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 19:35   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Amazing how the fashionable euphemism "held the lad up" has come to replace the more accurate " failed to get in a tackle" these days!
Days of diving into tackles are a thing of the past,stay on your feet and try to force the player inside.
He did this,unfortunately Lids was nowhere to be seen and Rob reacted too slowly to double up.
Watched the goal again and you will see what I mean.
You obviously don't like your favourite players being criticised !!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 19:51   #66
Senior Member+

Why am I the only person who can see that Atkinson is over rated ?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 19:54   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Why am I the only person who can see that Atkinson is over rated ?
Go back to sleep.
DAV007 likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 19:59   #68
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

How would he know? Hes never seen him fer 90 mins.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 25-01-2015, 20:11   #69
Senior Member+

Everyone has there opinions Davo,I always like pace in at least one of my CBs as they can cover/sweep/pick the runners up.
Wimbledon played two young CBs,no height but quick and it worked for them.
If your relying on fullbacks to cover/sit on their shoulder it takes something out the team for me.
Coley has his own views which I accept,but we looked a lot more organised when we went three at the back and rob on the left and Tom on the right and dean sweeping.
Chubbyman likes this.
Old 25-01-2015, 20:53   #70
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Days of diving into tackles are a thing of the past,stay on your feet and try to force the player inside.
He did this,unfortunately Lids was nowhere to be seen and Rob reacted too slowly to double up.
Watched the goal again and you will see what I mean.
You obviously don't like your favourite players being criticised !!!
I'm saying nowt more on this issue, as it would get too acrimonious if I really say what I think.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 20:56   #71
Senior Member+

The "ignore member" button is without a doubt the best feature on this forum

All I need now is people to stop quoting some clowns and it's happy days
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 21:35   #72
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
I'm saying nowt more on this issue, as it would get too acrimonious if I really say what I think.
Thought that's when debating forums are for !!,expressing your opinions ?
Old 25-01-2015, 21:48   #73
Senior Member+

Quote:
Thought that's when debating forums are for !!,expressing your opinions ?
Yes. The trouble is, there are certain opinions, which have been expressed a hundred times already, which when repeated for the hundred and first will provoke the same reactions which we've heard a hundred times already, etc, etc. So Redraine has probably saved us reading at least 10 pointless posts by not responding on this occasion - a commendable reaction

And yes, I know this probably qualifies as a pointless post - sorry
yonmon likes this.
Old 25-01-2015, 22:11   #74
Senior Member+

I've got nearly every goal Accis conceded this season on series link,so if we want a debate on defending and why we have shipped so many goals,I have the facts for a good debate.
Teams normally pin conceded goals on a player or players.
In phil Edwards last season were he scored a lot of goals!! (12?),he conceded the most,indeed double anyone else !!
This season it's a similar story,you will be shocked by the stats.
I presume our coaching/management do the same,and before someone else says,it's my opinion
I have decided to do it for a full season for my own reasons !!!!
cashman and Chubbyman like this.
Old 25-01-2015, 22:21   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Yes. The trouble is, there are certain opinions, which have been expressed a hundred times already, which when repeated for the hundred and first will provoke the same reactions which we've heard a hundred times already, etc, etc. So Redraine has probably saved us reading at least 10 pointless posts by not responding on this occasion - a commendable reaction

And yes, I know this probably qualifies as a pointless post - sorry
OK, I'm still not home yet and won't be until tomorrow night and I've been on the bevvy since around 6 ish so maybe it's just me but eh???
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..