Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree32Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-01-2015, 22:29   #76
Senior Member+

Re: Team -v- Wombles

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
I've got nearly every goal Accis conceded this season on s
eries link,so if we want a debate on defending and why we have shipped so many goals,I have the facts for a good debate.
Teams normally pin conceded goals on a player or players.
In phil Edwards last season were he scored a lot of goals!! (12?),he conceded the most,indeed double anyone else !!
This season it's a similar story,you will be shocked by the stats.
I presume our coaching/management do the same,and before someone else says,it's my opinion
I have decided to do it for a full season for my own reasons !!!!
Scientific analysis .... I like it..... Why don't you send it to Coley as he can't have it judging by some of his selections. Just pulling your leg 19
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-01-2015, 22:34   #77
Senior Member+

Quote:
I've got nearly every goal Accis conceded this season on series link,so if we want a debate on defending and why we have shipped so many goals,I have the facts for a good debate.
Teams normally pin conceded goals on a player or players.
In phil Edwards last season were he scored a lot of goals!! (12?),he conceded the most,indeed double anyone else !!
This season it's a similar story,you will be shocked by the stats.
I presume our coaching/management do the same,and before someone else says,it's my opinion
I have decided to do it for a full season for my own reasons !!!!
At least you always try to talk football FA19......which at this juncture comes as an oasis of sensible debating in a desert of chaotic sideswiping and, at tmes, a fruitless pursuit of oneupmanship !.
Seeing that practically every thread seems to arrive very quickly at this unfriendly and uninteresting exchange of criticisms makes me wonder what motivates them ?.
A Forum is an entity which does allow a free flowing of ideas and opinions as everyone seems to agree with, but shouldn't it be judged by the quality of the contributions posted thereon ?.
AccyMad, DAV007 and football19 like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 22:38   #78
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Scientific analysis .... I like it..... Why don't you send it to Coley as he can't have it judging by some of his selections. Just pulling your leg 19
Sell it to them at the end of the season when they are giving contracts out !,seriously most clubs do match analysis,may sponsor heart monitors for the lads in training ,so we can weed out the shirkers lol
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 22:45   #79
Senior Member+

Quote:
Sell it to them at the end of the season when they are giving contracts out !,seriously most clubs do match analysis,may sponsor heart monitors for the lads in training ,so we can weed out the shirkers lol
Good job they didn't have heart monitors when Beats was in charge,he would have had to weed himself out,watching training many a time I could see he had shirking off to a T.
football19 likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 22:49   #80
Senior Member+

Quote:
Good job they didn't have heart monitors when Beats was in charge,he would have had to weed himself out,watching training many a time I could see he had shirking off to a T.
To be fair,this squad is the fittest I have seen in five years,probably due to the average age being pretty young
Old 25-01-2015, 22:50   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
At least you always try to talk football FA19......which at this juncture comes as an oasis of sensible debating in a desert of chaotic sideswiping and, at tmes, a fruitless pursuit of oneupmanship !.
Seeing that practically every thread seems to arrive very quickly at this unfriendly and uninteresting exchange of criticisms makes me wonder what motivates them ?.
A Forum is an entity which does allow a free flowing of ideas and opinions as everyone seems to agree with, but shouldn't it be judged by the quality of the contributions posted thereon ?.
This thread started out with some really good footballing points about the game but ended up going downhill in the end. People at the game have opinions which may differ especially depending on the amount of drink they have had, not mentioning any names but it could be me , but most are worth listening to. People not at the game can also form opinions based on what they have read or seen in highlights. you can also get some good natured banter but you can also get some rubbish.

All forums depend on good and robust moderation and this forum sees the least regulated that I am on. This is not a criticism of MrT as he stepped into the breach when nobody else would but most threads these days seem to descend into disarry. I may be as guilty of this in the past however since putting a certain poster on my ignore list I hope this is no longer the case.

I think we all would like to see sanity return to the forum but how do we achieve this?
AccyMad and DAV007 like this.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2015, 22:54   #82

Quote:
That's the politest way I've heard it described during his time at Ibrox
Old 26-01-2015, 09:41   #83
Senior Member+

Quote:
I've got nearly every goal Accis conceded this season on series link,so if we want a debate on defending and why we have shipped so many goals,I have the facts for a good debate.
Mmmmm. Interesting. I have a worry that this is blaming defenders for goals conceded. Do the stats include details of goals conceded because midfielders or forwards have given away the ball as a result of a poor pass or weak challenge or being out of position?

Are stats available for positive work done by defenders? Last-ditch tackles? Even successful tackles? Headed clearances? Accurate passes out of defence?

Can stats cover problems such as possible hesitation or errors caused by constant change of goalkeepers?

I wasn't at the game and have not seen the highlights but I notice the criticism of Liddle apparently being out of position. Why was he? Had he been making a justifiable attacking move? If so, where was the cover?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2015, 09:47   #84
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
This thread started out with someB ally good footballing points about the game but ended up going downhill in the end. People at the game have opinions which may differ especially depending on the amount of drink they have had, not mentioning any names but it could be me , but most are worth listening to. People not at the game can also form opinions based on what they have read or seen in highlights. you can also get some good natured banter but you can also get some rubbish.

All forums depend on good and robust moderation and this forum sees the least regulated that I am on. This is not a criticism of MrT as he stepped into the breach when nobody else would but most threads these days seem to descend into disarry. I may be as guilty of this in the past however since putting a certain poster on my ignore list I hope this is no longer the case.

I think we all would like to see sanity return to the forum but how do we achieve this?

So let's hope the Bury Match Thread is filled with keen preview, accurate review, and heartwarming banter !.....
There I go hoping again !...remembering that Hope is the only Bee that makes honey without flowers !.
Hope I'm right though !.
choirboy likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2015, 10:29   #85

Quote:
So let's hope the Bury Match Thread is filled with keen preview, accurate review, and heartwarming banter !.....
There I go hoping again !...remembering that Hope is the only Bee that makes honey without flowers !.
Hope I'm right though !.
You can but live in hope
Old 26-01-2015, 11:26   #86
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Mmmmm.
I wasn't at the game and have not seen the highlights but I notice the criticism of Liddle apparently being out of position. Why was he? Had he been making a justifiable attacking move? If so, where was the cover?
Exactly, R.R. I didn't notice our resident tactical expert criticising a certain defender for being out of position upfield when Yeovil scored the winner. He makes a point of always pointing out the errors of our other defenders but never the regular horlicks committed by the above mentioned. Understandable, I know, due to the special relationship, but let's have some objectivity for a change.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2015, 11:32   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Aye but as i was stood wi him fer most of the second half, i have to say he includes all of em in his analysis, no-ones sacred, i wouldn't really expect to see it in print, not rocket science.
Old 26-01-2015, 13:56   #88
Senior Member+

Quote:
Hope I'm right though !.
Lets all hope that it is our boys who are really BUZZZZING on Tuesday as they put the ball in the Bury net a few times!!! bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2015, 18:02   #89
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Exactly, R.R. I didn't notice our resident tactical expert criticising a certain defender for being out of position upfield when Yeovil scored the winner. He makes a point of always pointing out the errors of our other defenders but never the regular horlicks committed by the above mentioned. Understandable, I know, due to the special relationship, but let's have some objectivity for a change.
Couple of points Redraine,the goal you are referring to wasn't the winner,we were losing and throwing caution to the wind.
I presume your referring to dean who sprinted back 50 yards to get back to double up,unfortunately the lad checked and got the cross in.( I am a believer in fullbacks being judged on defending/stopping crosses etc.. Rather than goal assists)
They had one lad in the middle,we had two (rob and lids),the lad got between them and scored.
That's being objective !!!.
I like to think I am fair in my assessments, and try to be constructive.
I did say I thought lids did ok,but got punished for his mistakes.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 26-01-2015, 18:17   #90
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Mmmmm. Interesting. I have a worry that this is blaming defenders for goals conceded. Do the stats include details of goals conceded because midfielders or forwards have given away the ball as a result of a poor pass or weak challenge or being out of position?

Are stats available for positive work done by defenders? Last-ditch tackles? Even successful tackles? Headed clearances? Accurate passes out of defence?

Can stats cover problems such as possible hesitation or errors caused by constant change of goalkeepers?

As always seem good points.
Your correct in that most coaches,when a goal is conceded,look firstly at were possession was turned over and it could be the centre forward not holding the ball up etc..
My observations are based on tv highlights and recalling what I saw at the game.
Sometimes the highlights differed from how I first saw it !!!
Everyone seems to have their favourite players,but I try to be unbiased and objective.
I do agree as well that highlights sometimes don't do justice to a players performance,but I have set out to analyis goals conceded during a season ( sad I know).

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..