Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-06-2011, 16:35   #1
God Member

Terry Gornell

According to Wikipedia (which I know isn't always the most reliable source of information) Terry has today signed for Inverness Caledonia Thistle - maybe he's got a thing for clubs with names that tickle the imagination
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 27-06-2011, 16:39   #2

Re: Terry Gornell

I just seen that on sky and thought my eyes where deceiving me. A massive recruitment drive is needed. At least some people will be happy there won't be as many scousers playing
rude-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 16:45   #3
God Member

They seem to agree on Caley Thistle's forum:

Inverness CT sign English Striker - Caley Thistle Fans Forum

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 19:54   #4
God Member

To rub salt in the wound, we won't get any fee for him even by tribunal, despite him being under 24.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 20:02   #5
Senior Member+

We have only had him since September shaker to be fair.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-06-2011, 20:18   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
We have only had him since September shaker to be fair.
Aye, I know. But at the end of the day we have taken a player released from a League One club and now he's signed for an SPL club. In my mind that deserves compensation, but we won't get owt as he's gone to a Scottish club.
Old 27-06-2011, 20:20   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Aye, I know. But at the end of the day we have taken a player released from a League One club and now he's signed for an SPL club. In my mind that deserves compensation, but we won't get owt as he's gone to a Scottish club.
Which means he must need international clearance ?. How far down on the list of paperwork to be done will that form be
Old 27-06-2011, 20:22   #8
God Member

Inverness 'Alty' Thistle
Old 28-06-2011, 09:01   #9
Resting in Peace

If you are reading this, Terry, do what we did and have a fantastic holiday touring the Highlands and Islands from Inverness in one of their campervans:-
Highland Campervans & Highland Campers - Campervan, Motorhome, RV and Caravan - Hire, Sales & Servicing in the Highlands of Scotland
On second thoughts, you will only be able to take a holiday in the midge season and the'll eat you alive. Better stick to Benidorm!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 09:19   #10
Resting In Peace

I bet he is back in England before the end of the season. A similar thing happened with Clayton Donaldson when he left York. He signed for Hibernian without any compensation as he had gone to Scotland. He only made 18 appearances for Hibs and was allowed to leave at the end of his first season. He signed for Crewe and Hibs got an undisclosed fee for him, believed to be six figures. I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at Crewe. I don't think that he will do very well in the SPL and the Inverness supporters will soon get fed up of him. I think that Gornell and Edwards have both made massive mistakes by signing for Inverness and Stevenage respectively.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 10:15   #11

While being appreciative of both Edwards/Gornell's efforts,there are players out there capable of replacing them, and whoever else isn't committed to playing for Accrington Stanley.
Old 28-06-2011, 11:01   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF View Post
I don't think that he will do very well in the SPL and the Inverness supporters will soon get fed up of him. I think that Gornell and Edwards have both made massive mistakes by signing for Inverness and Stevenage respectively.
Agreed, Jeff. Every time Terry lined himself up for a shot from outside the box I used to squirm and think "OH no!" He was great at getting on the end of things in the box and has great ability as a front target man, but the Cally supporters had better not expect many long range screamers arrowing into the net, unlike Scunny supporters can. Very upset with Jimmy's choice of club, (as with Phil for different reasons), as I think he could easily hold down a place in a Championship team, if not higher.
Old 28-06-2011, 15:04   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Higher than championship yer having a laugh mate? i love him to bits but we aint got 1 player at the moment who warrants that tag.
Old 28-06-2011, 15:15   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
To rub salt in the wound, we won't get any fee for him even by tribunal, despite him being under 24.
Maybe we could negotiate a fee for the "Heartbeat" song
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-06-2011, 16:31   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Higher than championship yer having a laugh mate? i love him to bits but we aint got 1 player at the moment who warrants that tag.
I'll bet Rovers fans would happily swap him for Keith Andrews!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..