Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-10-2020, 13:27   #1
God Member

Unhappy The beginning of the end........

These proposals - when they come in - signal the beginning of the end of footy as we know it, for lower league teams especially......

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54499998

We have to believe them, when they say that this has been discussed since 2017 and are not being used now, it these terrible financial times......

Thoughts...?????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-10-2020, 13:59   #2
God Member

Re: The beginning of the end........

It's no coincidence to me that they are now offering 25% of future income and scrapping parachute payments when it has been well documented that the last TV deal was the big one from now on forward exaggerated with the pandemic all future income will decline, it's not as they put it to come in for another 2 years by which time if this farce of no fans allowed in many clubs will have folded anyway.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 14:01   #3
Full Member+

American Billionaires trying to ruin the game to fill their own pockets.

Less games allowing more preseason tournaments in the US, it doesn't matter that the league cup goes, a few more teams drop out of the league etc, as long as the meaningless US pre-season 'tournaments' have more time to take place.
monkey hanger likes this.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 15:35   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
American Billionaires trying to ruin the game to fill their own pockets.

Less games allowing more preseason tournaments in the US, it doesn't matter that the league cup goes, a few more teams drop out of the league etc, as long as the meaningless US pre-season 'tournaments' have more time to take place.
when they get the teams they want, then the next step is no relegation. its something in their blood, like the aussies, that they hate something the average british fan would keep at all costs.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2020, 15:48   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well look whos proposing this mess 2 that dont give a damn about small clubs imho
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 13-10-2020, 09:16   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Well look whos proposing this mess 2 that dont give a damn about small clubs imho
but they never have been bothered about small clubs and never will be. from their point of view clubs like stanley are just a drain on their money. on the other hand i doubt many lover league fans are bothered about them till it affects their club.
cashman likes this.
Old 13-10-2020, 18:52   #7
Senior Member+

When did discussions start ?
What was Rick Parry’s job when they started ?
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2020, 19:28   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
When did discussions start ?
What was Rick Parry’s job when they started ?
Exactly neither involved parties can be trusted the sad thing is the promise of a bailout disappears by the minute countdown to disaster for a lot of clubs.
Old 14-10-2020, 08:53   #9
Senior Member+

This is possibly the best thread for this. Stanley on Radio 4 this morning. Start at 2:49:00.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000nf2k
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2020, 09:13   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeA View Post
This is possibly the best thread for this. Stanley on Radio 4 this morning. Start at 2:49:00.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000nf2k
Andy Holt spot on without fans it's like a training game 100% agree with him a crying shame the game is experiencing a slow and desperate slide to oblivion for many.
pifco and monkey hanger like this.
Old 15-10-2020, 08:49   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Andy Holt spot on without fans it's like a training game 100% agree with him a crying shame the game is experiencing a slow and desperate slide to oblivion for many.
i agree also. the game has been sanitised anyway over the last 20 odd years apart from this. the longer this lack of fans goes on the more likelyhood of fans just stopping going anyway. in some ways, especially if their club is having a poor season attending games is somewhat habit forming and we have all got out of the habit now. can actually see the number of those streaming games falling off as the season goes on.
andyd likes this.
Old 15-10-2020, 09:37   #12
Senior Member+

I've just done a rough calculation on how much I have saved and will save as long as the current situation carries on ....... and its a big number as its a commute for me both home and away.
As a few have said the longer this goes on the interest wanes .............
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-2020, 10:12   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I've just done a rough calculation on how much I have saved and will save as long as the current situation carries on ....... and its a big number as its a commute for me both home and away.
As a few have said the longer this goes on the interest wanes .............
Not just in football either the whole thing is a complete nightmare.
Old 15-10-2020, 10:14   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

i dont bother much about saving yeh cant take it with yeh.
LongLostSon, pifco and Taypot like this.
Old 15-10-2020, 10:25   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i dont bother much about saving yeh cant take it with yeh.
Your right trouble is places to go and spend it are being reduced.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..