Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2018, 15:24   #16
God Member

Re: The Black Cats Match Thread

Yessssssss
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-12-2018, 15:25   #17
God Member

Super sub
Old 08-12-2018, 15:30   #18
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
Sorry,my ignorance, I thought a Geordie was fromNewcastle/Sunderland area and had 'that' accent. He's from Sunderland.
That'll make him a 'mackem ' then I guess John ? 😎
Kiwi John and monkey hanger like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 15:37   #19
God Member

Bl***y hell, couldn’t someone have given the ref an umbrella?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 15:39   #20
God Member

Abandoned !!!! Wtf??
Old 08-12-2018, 16:27   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

No choice at all the pitch was holding water badly before the big deluge, simple as. Thought we were the better side today, Have been told the result stands after 70 mins dunno if thats correct? Also thought Ripley was badly at fault for not booting the ball big time away.

Last edited by cashman; 08-12-2018 at 16:33.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 16:35   #22
God Member

So whats the story about the replay- does STANLEY let you in for free or a 'minimal' charge?
Old 08-12-2018, 16:36   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
So whats the story about the replay- does STANLEY let you in for free or a 'minimal' charge?
Dont think there is one but aint 100%.
Old 08-12-2018, 16:43   #24
God Member

I don’t think the 70 minutes means anything. A game must last at least 90 minutes. It’ll have to be replayed, but how that affects ticket holders is for another person to answer.
cashman likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 16:50   #25
God Member

...Logic to me would suggest they charge around 25% of the normal price but since when nowdays does logic count??
Old 08-12-2018, 17:05   #26
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Dont think there is one but aint 100%.
Definitely has to be replayed Cashy, Dan confirmed after the game that the old rule whereby a result stood after a certain amount of time was changed a long time ago & all matches have to be completed so we'll be welcoming Sunderland again, more than likely on a Tuesday night
cashman likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 17:20   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Definitely has to be replayed Cashy, Dan confirmed after the game that the old rule whereby a result stood after a certain amount of time was changed a long time ago & all matches have to be completed so we'll be welcoming Sunderland again, more than likely on a Tuesday night
Cheers Di thought there was some rule wasn't aware it had been done away with.Both managers were in agreement it should be called off, But the Village Idiot thought it shouldnt have been,
Kiwi John likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 08-12-2018 at 17:23.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 17:38   #28

Trust Mother Nature to rain on our parade.
The most eagerly anticipated game of the season ruined for both sets of fans.
Big respect to the exposed Sunderland fans (& both teams) for having to endure a tempest of biblical proportions.
There was little need for pre-match nerves about our high-flying visitors - we were just as good as them & shaded the first half.
Whether their goal rebounded off the arm of their forward or not - it was a major blunder by Ripley which handed them the lead.
If the Mackems thought we'd roll over they were gravely mistaken.
Once again, our lads battled back to score a much deserved equaliser.
Honours even then & more importantly, another BIG club who have learnt no one should underestimate little Accrington Stanley.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 17:47   #29

Quote:
...Logic to me would suggest they charge around 25% of the normal price but since when nowdays does logic count??
Hello Accy. The last time this happened (versus us I think) you charged 50% of the original entry fee to go to the rearranged fixture i.e. £10. that was a bit annoying because I still think that if you've paid for something which is null and void and have a ticket to prove it, you should be able to get in again on that original ticket.Anyway you still need to sort that pitch out! Probably needs all the clay digging out to about 10 feet down and a complete new base laying. Otherwise you're going to keep having the same issues every season. Can't think of another club with so many abandonments in recent seasons.
Interested Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 18:44   #30
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interested Observer View Post
Hello Accy. The last time this happened (versus us I think) you charged 50% of the original entry fee to go to the rearranged fixture i.e. £10. that was a bit annoying because I still think that if you've paid for something which is null and void and have a ticket to prove it, you should be able to get in again on that original ticket.Anyway you still need to sort that pitch out! Probably needs all the clay digging out to about 10 feet down and a complete new base laying. Otherwise you're going to keep having the same issues every season. Can't think of another club with so many abandonments in recent seasons.
Thats maybe cos yeh cant think,
Revived Red and smobile like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..