Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2016, 06:03   #16

Re: The brand new Carlisle (at home) match thread.

Ref was shocking.

Sent their man off early but then spent the rest of the matching punishing us for it.

The inconsistency was the main thing - Stanley play kicks the ball after the whistle? - booking. Carlisle player does the same? - nothing happens. Their number 9 was all elbows all damned game and was never punished for it - he only got booked for a dive in the last ten minutes.

The second yellow for Buxton was a joke given what else was going on - a slightly late tackle on the edge of their penalty box - never more than a foul in a million years but the ref had made his mind up he was going to level up the teams.

Pretty sure I saw Uriah Rennie after the game - presumably in some capacity of watching over the refs?

Edit:

Highlights up already:

http://www.skysports.com/football/ac...arlisle/340900

Definitely a red for their man and I stand by the fact Bucko's second yellow was damned harsh.
Chrisr likes this.

Last edited by SamF; 17-02-2016 at 06:08.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-02-2016, 09:05   #17
God Member

for once we all seem to be in agreement about the game. Carlisle seemed to class this as their cup final the way they played. if they played like that every week surely they should be a lot higher up than they are even without their games in hand. was the early challenge on matty pearson pre meditated. crock one of our influential players early and you might get away with it as rarely cards come out in the first few mins. for once simpson did something right but went downhill to his normal standard quickly. was wary of him doing this game from the outset and have been proved correct. would have taken a point before the game though.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2016, 09:05   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Good job it wasn't in Argentina? A refs been shot dead by a player he red carded.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 17-02-2016, 10:59   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF
Pretty sure I saw Uriah Rennie after the game - presumably in some capacity of watching over the refs?
You could be right there, I knew I recognised the face, couldn't put a name to it though. He was sat at the back of the main stand behind Jim Bentley, making notes on a laptop. Someone said one of cashman's heroes (a Mr. Cook) was also in attendance.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2016, 11:01   #20
Full Member+

I was hoping there would be some thing reported about the Carlisle manager facing up the ref in the middle of the pitch for a while and then clapping the away supporters, Surely this would have been a sending off for any manager or off field team support. Perhaps his words may have influenced the referee for the second half. which ever way the FA should act on this as he did hold up the officials leaving the field of play, It may well be intimidation.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2016, 11:49   #21
Senior Member+

In a funny way i enjoyed the game,played on a bobbly pitch and tricky conditions.
The first sending off was a complete joke and i can only assume the ref thought Bucko led with his forearm.
Carlisle were very good without the ball and pressed us all over the pitch.
Felt sorry for Proccy and Rommy as they struggled to get into the game.
Couldn't believe it when Carlisle took Hope off (played for Bury against us),he was the most dangerous player on the park and give Halliday a torrid time in the final third.
Big plus for me was the return of Tom,who soon got in the groove and dealt with the Ariel bombardment comfortably.
Good point for me,as i said,they are a decent,fit,hardworking team
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2016, 13:02   #22
Senior Member+

Well it was a strange and unusual game to say the least !. From the early booking via which the Referee made a heavy rod for his own back as far as his controlling the remaining 89 minutes were concerned, to the closing minutes when a Stanley win seemed to definitely be on the cards.
The disappointments ?... Stanley s exorbitant use of long high balls, which made Billy s job not that easy!, although my admiration of his control, hold-up, and laying off of the ball grows week by week !. Perhaps the inconsistent playing surface dictated the aerial route for passing
who knows ?.
I was appalled, as will be all who viewed the highlights, by the behaviour of the Carlisle No 5 as he berated the Referee to get Adam sent off...followed by a juvenile attitude of triumph as he strode away as the red card was brandished. But have we not come to expect this from some players obviously bereft of any vestige of what normal human beings would see as sporting behaviour ?.
As for being satisfied with a point, I expect that JC like myself was not happy at losing two !.
But then it was a strange and unusual game.

ps..and it played into the hands of the 'get it up t'field' lads in the Main Stand !..who once again made me think that by their constant criticism of the Reds and their playing style,they have little comprehension of what JC is trying to achieve...but worse that they have little affection for the team they come to support .
Oldgobbin, AccyMad and choirboy like this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2016, 14:21   #23
Junior Member+

Carlisle fan here.

Can I just say that colemans remarks, as much as is said he meant it differently came at a time when feelings were very raw and his need to mention us in the same context as Accrington having waterlogged pitches, the situations were very very different so rightly so he has been given the reception deserved by us Carlisle fans.
Mr Matthew, with games that are in the north a fair few villages lose their idiots for a fair few hours, and I apologise on behalf of the decent Cufc fans for that.

Outback ozzy, yes rightly so wyke was red carded for simulation, also same as above I apologise for a few villages losing their idiots and I'm glad your car wasn't damaged. Shows the mental aptitude of a vast minority if they can't damage a car whilst trying to.

Choirboy, both yellows to Buxton were deserved, they were both late tackles. If my Mrs was as late with her period as he was with his second tackle then I'd have got her a pregnancy test

Sam F, wyke was floored off the ball by your number 15's elbow, the ref saw wyke on the floor yet didn't even give your defender a talking to, is that really something that happens in such a 1 sided referee?

Monkey hanger, cup final? Nah, it's a game pal, and the red card was an abysmal decision. Ball coming over shoulder, eyes on the ball and going to control it with his foot. Defender ran into his thigh, both looking at the ball. And don't say it was premeditated to crock your most influential player, after all it got a straight red (how it was deemed that I don't know) for our target man, our leading scorer. Premeditated, aye if you think so.

ChrisR, Curle facing up to the manager asking why there was a red card for jabo? Entitled to ask, many managers speak to the referee during half time walking back to the changing rooms. Clapping the away fans, why not? What's wrong with that?

Football19, we took hope off as he was visibly knackered, and wanted asamoahs pace on so was rightly subbed in my eyes

Yonmon, our number 5 being Raynes. Also being captain. Much has been said over the football world about captains only going to the referee rather than the whole team. As captain he's entitled to do that. Funnily enough you seem to have forgotten the 5/6 Accrington players surrounding the referee when ibehre got sent off, how many Accrington players had captain armbands on at that point?

We've had problems with that referee in the past, sending off for ludicrous tackles. Ibehre red card was clearly wrong as he was watching the ball rather than going for the Accrington player. The referee put a benchmark down in the first minute then failed to match that throughout the game. The 2 yellows for Buxton were deserved, along with a couple of fouls he made where he didn't get carded.

2 points lost on our behalf, we should have been 2 up at half time but it wasn't to be. 2 bad lapses at the back for both goals.

And to end, what was with the poor attendance last night? 1100 home fans for a side that is in the playoff positions is pretty poor tbh

Hope we get you in the playoffs, with a full strength side for both we will beat you easy over 2 legs. We are missing 2 of our most influential defenders for both games through injury
chopper01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2016, 14:56   #24
Senior Member+

Some fair points Chopper,as I said,I was impressed with your teams pace and work ethic,but believe me you've not seen Accrington put a performance in,and it would be a decent game on a good surface with both teams at full strength.
By the way,i went and watched you at Anfield,in which you put in a disciplined performance.
choirboy likes this.
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2016, 15:06   #25
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper01 View Post
Carlisle fan here.

Can I just say that colemans remarks, as much as is said he meant it differently came at a time when feelings were very raw and his need to mention us in the same context as Accrington having waterlogged pitches, the situations were very very different so rightly so he has been given the reception deserved by us Carlisle fans.
Mr Matthew, with games that are in the north a fair few villages lose their idiots for a fair few hours, and I apologise on behalf of the decent Cufc fans for that.

Outback ozzy, yes rightly so wyke was red carded for simulation, also same as above I apologise for a few villages losing their idiots and I'm glad your car wasn't damaged. Shows the mental aptitude of a vast minority if they can't damage a car whilst trying to.

Choirboy, both yellows to Buxton were deserved, they were both late tackles. If my Mrs was as late with her period as he was with his second tackle then I'd have got her a pregnancy test

Sam F, wyke was floored off the ball by your number 15's elbow, the ref saw wyke on the floor yet didn't even give your defender a talking to, is that really something that happens in such a 1 sided referee?

Monkey hanger, cup final? Nah, it's a game pal, and the red card was an abysmal decision. Ball coming over shoulder, eyes on the ball and going to control it with his foot. Defender ran into his thigh, both looking at the ball. And don't say it was premeditated to crock your most influential player, after all it got a straight red (how it was deemed that I don't know) for our target man, our leading scorer. Premeditated, aye if you think so.

ChrisR, Curle facing up to the manager asking why there was a red card for jabo? Entitled to ask, many managers speak to the referee during half time walking back to the changing rooms. Clapping the away fans, why not? What's wrong with that?

Football19, we took hope off as he was visibly knackered, and wanted asamoahs pace on so was rightly subbed in my eyes

Yonmon, our number 5 being Raynes. Also being captain. Much has been said over the football world about captains only going to the referee rather than the whole team. As captain he's entitled to do that. Funnily enough you seem to have forgotten the 5/6 Accrington players surrounding the referee when ibehre got sent off, how many Accrington players had captain armbands on at that point?

We've had problems with that referee in the past, sending off for ludicrous tackles. Ibehre red card was clearly wrong as he was watching the ball rather than going for the Accrington player. The referee put a benchmark down in the first minute then failed to match that throughout the game. The 2 yellows for Buxton were deserved, along with a couple of fouls he made where he didn't get carded.

2 points lost on our behalf, we should have been 2 up at half time but it wasn't to be. 2 bad lapses at the back for both goals.

And to end, what was with the poor attendance last night? 1100 home fans for a side that is in the playoff positions is pretty poor tbh

Hope we get you in the playoffs, with a full strength side for both we will beat you easy over 2 legs. We are missing 2 of our most influential defenders for both games through injury
We actually had1225 home fans on which for us on a cold Tuesday with Blackburn at home and the European crap on the telly is quite good look at your support with all them Cumbrian villages to empty and what do you get 3500 to 4000 no comparison as for players missing we had 4 so called regulars out it's a squad game OK you beat us easily at yours we did,it turn up but last night 1 disallowed for offside and an excellent save from Billy Kee from your very good keeper Billy really should have scored I think we let you off the hook. As for apologizing for some of your scum sorry mean fans name and shame them no club wants those creeps on board thankfully we don't,t seem to attract that type and long may that continue.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2016, 15:27   #26
Senior Member+

You make some fair observations Chopper01 but you are clearly as "Blue Eyed" as we are "Red Eyed" and it is great to see that there are supporters 'Further Up North' who are just as passionate about their club as we are 'Slightly Further South' about the Stanley! Being reasonable blokes I am sure that we can agree to disagree about footy outcomes sensibly and respectfully.
Football 19 makes a good point when he states that last nights performance by Stanley was far from one of our best this season. We too were missing some influential players and I reckon that the style of some of earlier performances this season would have blown you away!
Anyway, let's agree on the poor standard of the referee and that a point each was a fair outcome on the night.
I am quite a 'Parochial' sort of football fan, and I think that you might be too, as I always look out for the 'North Western' clubs doing well.......including those local within a few miles radius of Accrington but also the likes of Preston, Bury, Rochdale, Blackpool, Halifax and also Carlisle.
Seeing our Northern clubs moving up the leagues and doing well is always a pleasure for me.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2016, 16:11   #27
Junior Member+

What I was meaning to the we've got players out injured wasn't meaning that we would beat you with whatever team you have, I know windass is injured but was expecting crooks to play last night. With the way we play, we play through the wings (especially down the left) and we are badly missing our left back and captain in both attacking and defensive traits, not to mention a leader throughout the pitch. We've basically ended up with a centre back playing left back, and a winger playing right back. We are currently in a bit of a slump in form, before Xmas we were right with you pointswise and it's no surprise since we lost our 2 key defenders our form has slumped. I was surprised at just how dire a performance Accrington gave a week back on Saturday, I expected lots more from you but I suppose it was just a bad day in the office that day. The goal that was disallowed for offside I thought was onside, yeah a couple of good saves from Gillespie but I've become accustomed to that kind of performance from him, he is 1 of the best shot stoppers in the league. Trust me mate, if I knew who the fans were that acted like absolute bellends (please excuse my French) then I'd gladly name and shame. The problem with Carlisle attracting them fans is because we don't exactly have any other football teams for them to 'support' in the local area, Cumbria is a hotbed for rugby league and is the most supported sport in the county (apart from sheep herding) and I find it embarrassing to follow the same club as them. Many of them will have made the trip just to heckle Coleman sadly.

Choirboy, I understand I have blue tinted glasses on, and that goes against the consensus of this forum, I've always thought of myself as a Carlisle fan first, football fan second. I'm still surprised at how well 'little old stanley' (as portrayed in media) have done this season, even after speaking to Luke Joyce when I've seen him before and after games is happily shocked at seeing how well accy are doing this season. I got what I expected last night in the context of a hard, physical encounter with not much chance wise at either end. I know what you mean in regards to the northern clubs (even Hartlepool, who Carlisle fans hate) for me may not be as such doing well, but being in the same league as Carlisle in the seasons. Personally I hate this season due to the geography of the league (I mean, who wants to leave your house at 4am on a Saturday for Newport away like we did Saturday gone)

Football19, yes I know what you mean. I couldn't bring myself to watch that Anfield performance week in week out though.

I've read back my above comment, and seen what I said could be misconstrued as some kind of aggression if viewed in a different manner as I was meaning to type, and I apologise for any offence caused to anyone reading it, I came across this thread last night and thought I'd leave it till the cold hard light of day to reply and I understand it may have been taken wrongly with what I said.

I still hope to get Accrington in the playoffs, as I think the top 3 is out of reach of any club out of Pompey, Oxford and Northampton. The reason I want Accrington is because of the geographical nature, and it'll be a hell of a game while we are both at 'full strength'
Not only that, but with crooks and windass going to rangers after the season, it'd be interesting to see how they'd perform
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 17-02-2016, 16:41   #28
Senior Member+

Chopper, it would be great if both Stanley and Carlisle can win promotion. Next season in Division One we could have lots of Northern Derbies which would reduce your travel costs.......We could possibly have in the same division a list of clubs that could include;
Carlisle and Stanley, but also Blackpool, Fleetwood, Rochdale, Bury, Wigan, Oldham, Bradford, Bolton and even dare I say it Blackburn Rovers if they have a bad run in to the end of the season!
Old 17-02-2016, 17:05   #29
Junior Member+

I agree, it would be nice to have both promoted, however I really can't see any of the top 3 falling away. Possibly Oxford, depending how they react to whatever the result in the jpt final, but that leaves 1 place left with 8/9 teams currently with a realistic chance of playoff success
cashman and choirboy like this.
Old 17-02-2016, 17:12   #30
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper01 View Post
I agree, it would be nice to have both promoted, however I really can't see any of the top 3 falling away. Possibly Oxford, depending how they react to whatever the result in the jpt final, but that leaves 1 place left with 8/9 teams currently with a realistic chance of playoff success
Chopper, it's a big ask, but if we can win away at Oxford next saturday we would have a great chance of getting into the top three......and it would help keep them within the possiblity of Carlisle catching them too.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..