Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-02-2016, 17:30   #31
Junior Member+

Re: The brand new Carlisle (at home) match thread.

3 points behind them with a game in hand that'll be. Who is that game in hand against?

We need to get our act together sharpish, we've got Stevenage at home Saturday so that should be a win with games in hand over everyone bar Pompey and yourselves, they're next Tuesday at Wimbledon and Dagenham away the following Tuesday. We will both finish in top 7 at least
chopper01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-02-2016, 18:08   #32
Senior Member+

Actually it would be 3 points behind still with 2 games in hand - Notts County (23 Feb) and Pompey (8 Mar), both at home. On the other hand, if we lose we are quite likely to be back to 8th as the table says 5th 6th 7th and 8th should all win on Saturday - but then it said we should have won last night .....

Thank you for coming on here with a reasonably balanced, if slightly blue-tinted, view and taking part in a sensible discussion!

Last edited by Chimer; 17-02-2016 at 18:08. Reason: punctuation!
Chimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2016, 18:24   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
i can only assume the ref thought Bucko led with his forearm.
That would have been a straight red though.

I actually thought it was a cynical block, although if we are a defending him a clumsy challenge
Old 17-02-2016, 19:29   #34
Junior Member+

Notts county you should win, Pompey id be surprised if you get anything. Pompey are by far the best side I've seen. We aren't all bad haha, I'll always have blue tinted glasses on mind
Old 17-02-2016, 20:50   #35
God Member

I didn't see the game last night but, from the video, I tend to agree with those who suggested that the first red card was a poor decision. The lad was looking over his shoulder, watching the ball coming down, and it looked to me like an unintentional foul. Painful, but not malicious. Matty Pearson, being the kind of guy who wouldn't pull out of tackle at any height, came off badly; just hope he recovers quickly.
But then, being born in Brampton then raised in Accie, my spectacles are a natty shade of purple.
As for prospects for promotion and play offs, this is a really competitive league and the top half are still in with a shout. The Cobblers have just had a purple patch, but things could change dramatically if one or two other teams find their form for half a dozen games. Easter is usually a decisive period.

Last edited by Exile on Spencer St; 17-02-2016 at 20:53.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 16:01   #36
Junior Member+

The red card for jabo ibehre has been rescinded this afternoon on appeal
choirboy likes this.
Old 18-02-2016, 16:36   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Good it did seem very harsh. dunno if we appealed against adams cos that did also.
Old 18-02-2016, 16:57   #38

cashy cant appeal 2 yellow cards
JIMSLAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 18:10   #39
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy
Proccy played really well
When? It certainly wasn't in this game, unless well is another way to say charged about like a headless chicken. What's up with this lad? He certainly can't be any less match fit than Proccy.
Brown becomes Red ? Accrington Stanley FC

Apologies to any club staff who are better qualified than me.
cashman likes this.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 18:38   #40
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
What's up with this lad? He certainly can't be any less match fit than Proccy.
Brown becomes Red ? Accrington Stanley FC

Apologies to any club staff who are better qualified than me.
Was injured on Tuesday
Old 18-02-2016, 21:33   #41
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Good it did seem very harsh. dunno if we appealed against adams cos that did also.

Not sure if you can appeal 2 yellows. Might have seemed harsh, but there was a few fouls of his that went unpunished that would have been yellows on another day, maybe accumulation of fouls had an influence. Or is that just too blue tinted glasses?
Old 19-02-2016, 08:12   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper01 View Post
The red card for jabo ibehre has been rescinded this afternoon on appeal
Good, because it was a 'Rash' decision by yet another poor referee!
Just another illustration of how poor the refereeing is in division 2.
That's TWO NUMPTIES in TWO successive HOME MATCHES for us.[/B]
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2016, 08:27   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Good, because it was a 'Rash' decision by yet another poor referee!
Just another illustration of how poor the refereeing is in division 2.
That's TWO NUMPTIES in TWO successive HOME MATCHES for us.[/B]
they are not all bad but the decent ones like wright, boyeson and madley never seem to do Stanley games. don,t worry though they wont get 3 match bans and we,ll see them all again next season doing even different cock ups.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2016, 08:32   #44
God Member

We need to get our act together sharpish, we've got Stevenage at home Saturday so that should be a win with games in hand over everyone bar Pompey and yourselves, they're next Tuesday at Wimbledon and Dagenham away the following Tuesday. We will both finish in top 7 at least[/QUOTE]

if you play like you did against us on Tuesday night I can,t see anyone stopping you. is that you,re average performance or just up for that game.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2016, 12:42   #45
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
We need to get our act together sharpish, we've got Stevenage at home Saturday so that should be a win with games in hand over everyone bar Pompey and yourselves, they're next Tuesday at Wimbledon and Dagenham away the following Tuesday. We will both finish in top 7 at least
if you play like you did against us on Tuesday night I can,t see anyone stopping you. is that you,re average performance or just up for that game.[/QUOTE]

Lately, we've not performed to that level but when we were in the playoffs going toe to toe on points with Stanley we below the level we played on Tuesday. The cup runs we went on affected us, and the postponements and playing away 'home' games affected us over Xmas.

Joyce was up for the game on Tuesday for obvious reasons, and I think the red card helped us with performance, can't say that it changed the game as we never had 11 men on the pitch. And we needed a reaction to a dire performance at Newport last Saturday and we seem to have got that.

Also, I imagine for both games against stanley that Curle pinned up in dressing room what Coleman said in December, and used that as motivation, that's just the way KC is as a manager

Happy with the 4 points we've taken off a promotion rival, it's always good to draw away at least. Good luck tomorrow at Oxford, it'll be hard going for Stanley

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..