Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2016, 07:10   #1
God Member

The brand new Carlisle (at home) match thread.

Please STANLEY please..3 points,,,3 points,,,3points god dam it.
I really don't like Carlisle after the last result.
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-02-2016, 08:48   #2
God Member

Re: The brand new Carlisle (at home) match thread.

I really don't like Carlisle after the last result.[/QUOTE]

they don,t like us either after coleys remarks taken out of context.
Red-Osbornello likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 18:27   #3
Senior Member+

So, Proccy and Rommy in for the absent pair. Good luck to both!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 21:09   #4
Senior Member+

Oh fff...iddlesticks
Old 16-02-2016, 21:18   #5

Score a fair reflection of game. Despite being a man down Carlisle controlled first half. With there physical long balls and defensively disciplined approach. We came into a bit towards the end of half. Then we had are man sent off it opened the pitch up, we equalised (good ball from mcconville and finish from Terry). From there we used width and for me, Stanley where the only team who where going to win it. After sending off there man early on the referree seemed very keen to even up the numbers and Carlisle where trying to cheat someone off at every opportunity (they reminded me of horribleness of Stevenage in our play off season and Rotherham of the same era). The referree made some strange decisions. I felt proccy battled well but as was pointed out to me leaving the ground we missed crooks linking up play and his quality.
chevyfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 21:22   #6

When did Carlisle and their fans become so vile?
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 21:28   #7
God Member

Agree with the above post, first half we just weren't in it - ref didn't help matters giving almost everything the baying Carlisle fans shouted for & some of his decisions were indeed bizarre to say the least (I began to think he was making it up as he went along)
We improved 2nd half & deserved the equaliser, good work from Super Sean for Terry's goal - disappointed with the game as a whole but I suppose if we can manage to get something from a game when we haven't played particularly well & go up to 4th it's not all bad
chevyfire and monkey hanger like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 21:30   #8
Full Member+

Sad loss with Bucko getting a red. we can't afford to lose him for 3 games. Sad to see Joe wright being subbed looked like a knock, Hope he is going to be OK. Tom Davies played a blinder. Good crowd just over 2000. The game didn't really open up until we went down to 10 men each side. Over all I still think we have a lot of work to do on communication and our passing. It was dire. We seem to struggle to change tactics against strong teams. we were outplayed for long periods and were lucky not be more tan 1-0 down at half time. Second half almost a repeat of Saturday we had our chances but simply could not put them away. Oxford here we come.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 21:37   #9
God Member

Chris, it was Matty Pearson who was subbed - seemed to be struggling with his lower back
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 21:43   #10
Senior Member+

As others have said, we played better when down to 10 apiece. But what has Liam Wakefield done to not get a shout, or maybe he will play Saturday to replace Bucko. Not impressed with Carlisle at all. Came here to dive and fall about and play act to con the referee, at least he didn't fall the penalty theatrics they tried, instead booking their player for simulation. Proccy played really well as did Sean Mac, but he must learn not to get involved with the referee or he too will become another red card statistic. And what is it with the Carlisle fans that they have to shout and scream at Stanley fans after the game and attempt to damage cars as one did to my vehicle (no damage done luckily). What a bunch of pillocks. Get over it, you only got a point, which I think was a fair reflection of the game. Up to 4th, will be interesting to see what team JC puts out on Saturday, but I think both Terry Gornell and Proccy must start and the aforementioned Liam Wakefield for Bucko.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 21:44   #11
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
Sad loss with Bucko getting a red. we can't afford to lose him for 3 games. Sad to see Joe wright being subbed looked like a knock, Hope he is going to be OK. Tom Davies played a blinder. Good crowd just over 2000. The game didn't really open up until we went down to 10 men each side. Over all I still think we have a lot of work to do on communication and our passing. It was dire. We seem to struggle to change tactics against strong teams. we were outplayed for long periods and were lucky not be more tan 1-0 down at half time. Second half almost a repeat of Saturday we had our chances but simply could not put them away. Oxford here we come.
I thought it was a second yellow?
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 21:45   #12
God Member

Buxton was a second yellow so only a one match ban also it was Pearson who went off holding is back lucky he still had his head on Carlisle came with a typically bad side spoiling dirty game tactics and to an extent they worked they went away with a point as for us we were without 4 first team regulars struggled to get going but saying that we gifted them the goal and when we started to play their only looked like being one winner excellent save by their keeper from Billy another night that would have been game winner, the squad is being tested now let,s keep going and surprise Oxford in their backyard Saturday and we could go all the way this season.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 21:52   #13

Got to say was really pleased with Luke Joyce at the end of the game
chevyfire likes this.
Mr Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 22:02   #14
Senior Member+

In brief; A poor match on a cold and windy night! A draw was probably a fair outcome.
Stanley definitely missed the presence of Crooks.
In the first half Rommy tried very hard but found it difficult to link with team mates basically new to him. Procky was not at the races in the first half. He seemed to either take up positions too high up the pitch when our defenders were looking to play the ball through midfield and then he seemed to sit too deep when Carlisle were in possession and moving forward. He got into the game more in the second half which was down to his fantastic work ethic which we know so well from the past.
With Crooks missing though, the fluidity of our passing was somewhat stuttering. Although Seamus got a lot of ball he was having to take longer to find players to pass to or spaces to pass into for players to pick up.
Carlisle did there homework and closed down Pierro very quickly every time he got the ball or when he was looking to receive the ball. Pierro still had a good game though and got lots of quality balls in from the wing.
The early sending off seemed to work in Carlisle's favour as they looked for the first 40 minutes to be the team with a man advantage! They wasted time at every opportunity! Error of judgement by Bucko to go for a back pass when he was so wide and deep which set up their centre forward. The lad had a bit to do though and he found the net expertly from a narrowing angle! Carlisle really started to wast time then!

We got into the game more in the second half and we were building up the pressure when Bucko got a second Yellow Card for a 'something and nothing' sort of tackle! Like on saturday the extra space seemed to work to our advantage and we began to put together some better moves. Sean Mac had to modify his usual wide attacking role by sitting deeper more like a high line left back. Sean did well though to get his second ball in for Terry to glance a lovely header in at the near post.
At this point I thought that we would go onto win the match
but to Carlisle's credit they pressed for a winner too. However, their approach was somewhat 'Route 1' especially with the use of the long throw in which was bombed into our penalty box almost constantly!
A draw was probably a fair result in the end and we move up to fourth place now. Next saturday's match away at Oxford becomes even more important now though. Bucko will be missed now too of course.
Lets hope John and Jimmy can get the selection right for Saturday to stop Oxford but also to give us a chance of a WIN!
Luke Joyce had the usual sort of 'Luke Joyce' game that he used to have for us but he got a bit of nice applause and a song from The Ultras when he came up to the corner between the Clayton End and the Main Stand.
ON STANLEY ON

ps some Dodgy refereeing again tonight!!!
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.

Last edited by choirboy; 16-02-2016 at 22:06.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 22:06   #15
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Chris, it was Matty Pearson who was subbed - seemed to be struggling with his lower back
Sorry you were right. braindead again.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..