Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree45Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2016, 19:00   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The Cheltenham Roar

The squad can really show us what there made of tomorrow, with 2 regulars missing.
Old 07-10-2016, 19:05   #17
Full Member+

I always turn up too late to see or find the "fanzone, I was told it was at the Clayton End but the car park is still empty?

Any update on the Wall of Honour and Memorial Arch either?
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 19:27   #18
God Member

^^ lol ^^
Old 07-10-2016, 19:49   #19
Senior Member+

Cheltenham have conceded 999 league goals:
999 not out: Will Cheltenham Town history be made at Accrington Stanley? | Gloucestershire Live

The 700th (Phil Edwards) and 800th (Bobby Grant) were scored by Stanley. Who's going to score the 1,000th?
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 20:37   #20
God Member

Not fussy who scores it as long as somebody does the honours tomorrow
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 20:45   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Not fussy who scores it as long as somebody does the honours tomorrow
I'm fussy, we score more than them.
Old 08-10-2016, 08:34   #22
God Member

Hope the info on the reduced ticket prices has been put out there & it boosts the gate a bit but have only seen it advertised on our fishy site - has anyone seen it anywhere else? Not much use having a promotion that's not being promoted
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:03   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

only seen it on fishy and by e-mail which i get wi being a season ticket holder.
Old 08-10-2016, 10:45   #24

It has been on the club's and supporters' Facebook and Twitter sites but don't know how it has been put over to those who are 'internetless.'
sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:49   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Thats really the question sherry, many older people never use the net that i know.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:26   #26
Full Member+

I know fans of other clubs who have loyalty cards who were looking forward to today, so promotions like this mean they are less likely to get one next season needing more games to break even. They should have extended it to loyalty card holders, it is a no brainer.

Nowt can done for ST holders though, but I wouldn't count Season Tickets and Loyalty Cards as ongoing 'promotions' as the advert says, the club really needs to think about these things more including the wording. Obviously we are lucky to have Season Tickets and Loyalty cards due to some 'promotion' and it isn't a two way thing where fans have paid up front to support the club also.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:32   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Personally i'm all in favour of promotions to try to increase gates, but it needs doing right in my view.
AccyMad and Chrisr like this.
Old 08-10-2016, 11:51   #28
God Member

I've spoken to a couple of people in town this morning who aren't regulars but still follow Stanley's fortunes & get to games when they can, they didn't know anything about the reduction as they said it hadn't been in the local paper or on radio lancs but would probably have come if they had known prior to today - only a couple I know but surely every extra person counts, that's thirty quid at least missing from today's takings
Old 08-10-2016, 12:22   #29
Senior Member+

We need a really massive ROAR today from the Stanley faithful in order to help the players get the three points available!
Coley and Jimmy have got the team playing some lovely passing football again this season similar to last season. If we can convert more of the chances that we make I think that there is no reason why we can't get into the play offs again!
It will be interesting to see the starting eleven today but also the subs list too as a few of the squad have not played a lot recently and Donacien and McConville are suspended.

Let's all get right behind the team and make ......
LOTS OF NOISE!!!

KEEP THE FAITH!!!

ON STANLEY ON!!!
AccyMad likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 13:51   #30
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Josh windass is in the mainstand

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..