Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2022, 14:10   #1
God Member

The Crewe match thread.

Not a good start-locked out of my bet365 account. C'mon you reds.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-02-2022, 14:13   #2
God Member

Re: The Crewe match thread.

YAHOOOO...1 zip
Old 12-02-2022, 14:15   #3
God Member

Tomatoes for breakfast, KJ?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 14:18   #4
God Member

Not looking needed at 1-0 up..great crop this year.
Old 12-02-2022, 14:21   #5

Two up front judging by line-up. Waited a long time for that.
Greger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 15:12   #6
God Member

Tommy Leigh-u beauty. 2-0
Old 12-02-2022, 15:20   #7
God Member

3-0..loving this
Old 12-02-2022, 15:24   #8
God Member

,,,and another..4-0...life is good, ****** the Russians..
Old 12-02-2022, 15:57   #9
God Member

Ft ..4-1..great stuff u men in red.
choirboy likes this.
Old 12-02-2022, 16:27   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

There goal was a gift shame really but thats life.
Old 12-02-2022, 17:04   #11

'shame' woz not the word I used Cashy - stopped me having a rare win in the prediction league !
cashman likes this.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 17:14   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
'shame' woz not the word I used Cashy - stopped me having a rare win in the prediction league !
wasnt the word i used watching it either.lol
Old 12-02-2022, 17:37   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
Yeah, but Kiwi John used his tomato voodoo to get that shoreline.
Kiwi John likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 18:41   #14
Senior Member+

It was a solid victory today winning 4-1 over a Crewe side low on confidence. Stanley were in charge throughout the match and really could have won by an even more handsome score.
Sykes was a dominant force again in defence but also in attack. At every set piece I was looking for him to score! His first half finish was a classic ‘Big Guy’ header! From my position just right of the goal in the Clayton End it was like watching in slow motion as Ross rose a good ‘head’ above the defenders. I could see his eyes fully focused on the incoming ball and without blinking he powered the header straight towards me and across and beyond the opposing keeper into the side netting! What a super goal from a player performing at his very best!
At half time we probably deserved to be two goals in front based on the amount of pressure that we had exerted on the Crewe defence.

My only gripe about the first half was the ridiculous amount of shirt pulling that Colby Bishop had to put with. I am all in favour of the referees directive to play the game as a ‘Physical’ form of rivalry and to keep the match action going. However, shirt pulling is not accidental contact, it is simply against the rules and can also endanger a players safety. The referee today took no action at all against the Crewe defenders in the first half and IMHO he simply failed to apply the rules of the game. Other than that the referee had a good game.
In the second half Stanley really took over and when the excellent Tommy Leigh scored the second goal we were fully in charge.Tommy had a super game as did most of the Stanley players. He constantly popped up all over the pitch both nipping the ball off opponents toes but also playing his part in some slick passing movements in building attacks.
It became a matter of how many goals we could score as the game proceeded and Sykes added another super headed goal and Sean ‘snuck’ a free kick in at the near post with the Crewe keeper perhaps a bit at fault for not getting down to his near post quickly enough!
It was just a shame that we conceded a soft goal at the end of the Match! Both Yeboah and Toby were probably at fault as the full back left it late to pass the ball back and Toby should/could have put the ball over the top of Whitney Hill! (Yes the hill not the Whitney Hill stand!) It was also a shame that Ross got a yellow card in added time for a ‘hand ball’ that occured about two feet from the Crewe player who got to the ball first. I think he will get a one match suspension now.
In conclusion though, the two successive victories this week should give the players the confidence to go forward knowing that when we are on form then we can beat any team in this League at home or away.
Coley once again sensibly substituted a player on a yellow card, Butcher, which was good match management and he also gave some game time to Longelo and Lewis.
Consistency is the key word for our boys as they move forward.
Once again the Clayton End were magnificent and they were very effective as a Twelfth Man with their constant vocal support through the whole of the match.
ON SANLEY ON

Last edited by choirboy; 12-02-2022 at 18:44.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 18:59   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I thought their number 29 got away with far too much, but that did not suprise me at all, the ref and liners were pretty poor today again i thought. luckily it made no difference, i was expecting a hard game cos crewe always play good football, they were very poor today which shocked me. i was hoping for a good ref like the oxford one silly dream it was.
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..