Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree178Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2019, 22:01   #136
Full Member+

Re: The Crewe match thread, or the 'Annoy Accy Mad' thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Too much hearsay.
As AccyMad rightly said, Jimmy Bells son James offered as he is a qualified ref, so did a Crewe fan and their spotter although mutually agreed unfair as based.
Unsure as to why ref’s assessor didn’t come into equation.
Phone calls at half time to FA & Mike Jones led to the outcome.

Rules are ridiculous. Just like VAR, new handball rule, stoppage time rule, new subs rule, new free kick rule etc.
Only good new one is no more contested drop balls.
Don't forget the stupid goal kick rule
Accrington Web
Old 11-11-2019, 22:23   #137
Super Moderator

We should have called it off? What, and have to turn up on a cold Tuesday night to watch us get beaten again? Sod that for a game of soldiers!
MikeA, yonmon and keep the faith like this.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:02   #138
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Choirboy, 4 announcements were made over the tannoy system from 16.10 (5 mins after 2nd half due to start) until 16:55 when it was announced fame would resume at 17:10
Only watched ' Fame ' once Josh !.. didn't care for the music one little bit . As to screening it at 17.10 on Saturday evening , At that point I was stood shivering totally bemused by all the events going on around me !.. hoping that whatever the rules were saying and not really thinking about the possibility of sanctions being imposed on the Stanley !, we could all go home .. ( Wynonie included ! )...
choirboy likes this.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:22   #139
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
We should have called it off? What, and have to turn up on a cold Tuesday night to watch us get beaten again? Sod that for a game of soldiers!
so we were crap, but no game at all should be allowed to carry on in that fashion.anyone who thinks different needs their head testing imho. its also very poor to me, that our club has not attempted to explain the situation, no thought at all been given to fans who travelled far to see the gasme, or anyone else for that matter.

Last edited by cashman; 12-11-2019 at 08:25.
Old 12-11-2019, 08:50   #140
God Member

would have loved to have played gillingham instead of crewe on saturday just to see nasty mr.evans and his gobby assistant making of the situation.
Old 12-11-2019, 10:20   #141
Super Moderator

Wink Re: The Crewe match thread, or the 'Annoy Accy Mad' thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
so we were crap, but no game at all should be allowed to carry on in that fashion.anyone who thinks different needs their head testing imho. its also very poor to me, that our club has not attempted to explain the situation, no thought at all been given to fans who travelled far to see the gasme, or anyone else for that matter.
We lost, we would've lost the replay, it's a highly unusual set of circumstances that will probably never happen to us again. File under: another strange experience as a Stanley fan!
KiTChener and keep the faith like this.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:12   #142
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
We lost, we would've lost the replay, it's a highly unusual set of circumstances that will probably never happen to us again. File under: another strange experience as a Stanley fan!
thats the whole point summat like that should happen to NO club, i wish i could predict matches like you mate as well.
choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:26   #143
Super Moderator

Quote:
thats the whole point summat like that should happen to NO club, i wish i could predict matches like you mate as well.
I hope you're not going to be still whinging about this at the Bolton match. Let it lie, mate, let it lie! 😁
Old 12-11-2019, 11:31   #144
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I hope you're not going to be still whinging about this at the Bolton match. Let it lie, mate, let it lie! 😁
Sorry until the club have the decency to explain exactly what the score was i shall keep on.
choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:32   #145
Full Member+

Last night sport with Dan Jewel on radio, Dan explained to Colin Hendry what happened, Colin asked "Is this for real? " "it sounds like Sunday league"
KiTChener, cashman, yonmon and 2 others like this.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:37   #146
Super Moderator

Quote:
Sorry until the club have the decency to explain exactly what the score was i shall keep on.
I know we all left before the second half, but surely you must know what the score was? 😁
AccyMad likes this.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:41   #147
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
I know we all left before the second half, but surely you must know what the score was? ��
well explain to us if you do, cos there was no mention of 1 liner or a toss up to see who had him.if you think thats fine then theres summat wrong with you,end of the day someone is taking the pish out of stanley.
KiTChener and choirboy like this.

Last edited by cashman; 12-11-2019 at 11:43.
Old 12-11-2019, 11:43   #148
Super Moderator

Quote:
well explain to us if you do, cos there was no mention of 1 liner or a toss up to see who had him.if you think thats fine then theres summat wrong with you,
The score? We lost 2-0!
Old 12-11-2019, 11:47   #149
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

cant understand you accepting this issue one bit.
choirboy likes this.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:00   #150
Full Member+

No one is taking the pish out of Stanley.
The most ironic thing is, apart from psychologically - is that there was no arguing over whose throw in it was . . . and no arguing over Crewe being offside.

Maybe we don't need assistant ref's after all.....

Last edited by StanleyJosh; 12-11-2019 at 12:08.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..