Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree178Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2019, 20:56   #46
God Member

Re: The Crewe match thread, or the 'Annoy Accy Mad' thread.

Absolutely appalling Stanley performance can,t see where the next goal is coming from Coleman still sticking with same 11 saying they have been playing well must watch a different set of games and a lot of fans around me saying the same thing today, Simpson on bench today must be praying to bo back to Preston awful up front all 4 of them Coley yet again waits till 2 down to change things should have been done around the 60 minute mark, but saying that we were bad right through the side today.PS same starting 11 next week anyone.
KiTChener likes this.
Accrington Web
Old 09-11-2019, 21:22   #47

Had a feeling as soon as the cup draw was made that Crewe would prove to be, yet again, our bogey team.
However, the stats from the game paint a depressing picture of an out-of-form team struggling to compete against lower league opponents currently enjoying momentum.
League 2 Crewe enjoyed 53% possession - away from home!
They had 12 shots on goal - 6 on target.
We had 11 - with a pathetic 1 on target.
Most worrying of all, we conceded 15 fouls, including 2 yellow & 1 red card.
Perhaps the unwelcome title as the dirtiest team in football is becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.
I've enjoyed so many moments over the past few years, in both cup & league, when I've been proud to be a Stanley fan.
Today was not one of them.
KiTChener and yonmon like this.
Old 09-11-2019, 21:42   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Had a feeling as soon as the cup draw was made that Crewe would prove to be, yet again, our bogey team.
However, the stats from the game paint a depressing picture of an out-of-form team struggling to compete against lower league opponents currently enjoying momentum.
League 2 Crewe enjoyed 53% possession - away from home!
They had 12 shots on goal - 6 on target.
We had 11 - with a pathetic 1 on target.
Most worrying of all, we conceded 15 fouls, including 2 yellow & 1 red card.
Perhaps the unwelcome title as the dirtiest team in football is becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy.
I've enjoyed so many moments over the past few years, in both cup & league, when I've been proud to be a Stanley fan.
Today was not one of them.
It was that bad I can,t even remember our one shot on target, not scoring goals obviously affects strikers confidence but this is now spred right through the team,as I have previously said this large squad that's been assembled seems to lack league 1 standards and this is rapidly unfortunately turning into one of the poorer Stanley sides for quite a while need to turn this home form around before our new found support starts to dwindle today back to hardcore 1250,ish.
Old 09-11-2019, 23:04   #49
Full Member+

Can’t fathom why we played 1 up top.
Colby won a lot in the air but no one near him to pick up the 2nd ball.
Dimi was shaky throughout - fear is Bursik not being up to scratch and again missing in future due to international callups.
Opoku far too casual.
Clicker yet again missing throughout; golden chance completely wasted.
Forgot McConville was even playing after 20 mins.
Seamus covered so much ground; really let down by Callum and Finley .

Carvalho and Simpson shouldn’t be in the squad.

People desperate for subs.... really? What options do we have from the bench.....
Start Charles instead of Pritchard.
No one else even comes close to being in starting 11.
Old 10-11-2019, 00:04   #50
Senior Member+

Well it was certainly a long way to travel for 45 minutes football. My train leaves Accrington at 17.13 so I was never going to be able to see even the start of the 2nd half. Many thanks to Valairian for giving me the vital information.
cashman and yonmon like this.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:04   #51
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Can’t fathom why we played 1 up top.
Colby won a lot in the air but no one near him to pick up the 2nd ball.
Dimi was shaky throughout - fear is Bursik not being up to scratch and again missing in future due to international callups.
Opoku far too casual.
Clicker yet again missing throughout; golden chance completely wasted.
Forgot McConville was even playing after 20 mins.
Seamus covered so much ground; really let down by Callum and Finley .

Carvalho and Simpson shouldn’t be in the squad.

People desperate for subs.... really? What options do we have from the bench.....
Start Charles instead of Pritchard.
No one else even comes close to being in starting 11.
Like I said a squad assembled of lack of league 1 standards including the starting 11.
Old 10-11-2019, 08:53   #52
Full Member+

Tough for us to assemble a squad of League 1 standard thought let’s be real.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:16   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Like I said a squad assembled of lack of league 1 standards including the starting 11.
A quote from JC went something like .. ' We will just have to regroup ! 'and the thought crossed my mind ' regroup into what ? '.
The current squad are collectively the worst that have represented our Club for some time now in my humble opinion . They lack drive , cohesion, and sad to say , a will to compete .
I know that I whinge on a bit, but I only compare them with other teams we have seen this Season , Crewe and it's team of keen, lively and obviously committed youngsters being the latest to prove my theory .

Come on you Reds !!!.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:48   #54
Senior Member+

I can only comment on the first 45 minutes - but what a huge contrast between the teams. Nicky Hunt, playing centre back for Crewe, was able to pass to an available and unmarked Crewe player on every occasion. By contrast we constantly played hoofball to our solitary striker.

And there is something else!

Throw-ins!!! I remember writing some 6 or 7 years ago about our total lack of guile at throw-ins. Nothing has changed. There is no movement whatsoever and the thrower tries to find our striker in the hope of a flick on.

On reflection, I am quite pleased that I could not stay for the second half which, by all accounts, was worse than the first.
pifco and Lord Stiffupperlip like this.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:55   #55
God Member

We have lost Barlaser from the midfield, Ozzy is not half the player he was and we all know about Billy.

Apart from that, most of the lads are the same as last season, so what has changed??

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
Old 10-11-2019, 10:22   #56
Senior Member+

The Stanley website says it was Opoku who gave away the penalty but having just watched the highlights (so-called ) surely it was Conneely.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:51   #57
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Tough for us to assemble a squad of League 1 standard thought let’s be real.
It,s obviously all about budgets we know that but personally and talking to other fans why such a huge squad especially when it seems like we are reluctant to use them I would have preferred a smaller squad all right you could be hit by injuries but could have brought in a bit more quality unless it comes back to a previous post of mine we struggled to attract them.
Old 10-11-2019, 10:53   #58
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
We have lost Barlaser from the midfield, Ozzy is not half the player he was and we all know about Billy.

Apart from that, most of the lads are the same as last season, so what has changed??

We struggled last season with those you have just mentioned we have not replaced them with anything better.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:27   #59
God Member

from a personal viewpoint giving the game a swerve yesteday was a result for me. without the necessary number of match officials the game should have been abandoned no matter what the score was at the time. even if stanley were say 4 up at the time it should not have carried on. fans of all clubs say that it only happens to us. well anyone knows stuff like this only happens at stanley. would have been interested what would have happened if stanley had refused to play on. think haringay set a precident the other week after their keeper was racially abused by yeovil fans and the team walked off. there has been some farces at the wham over the years but this must be the top of the list of tin pot decisions affecting the club no matter how the team performed or didn,t whatever the case was.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:56   #60
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
from a personal viewpoint giving the game a swerve yesteday was a result for me. without the necessary number of match officials the game should have been abandoned no matter what the score was at the time. even if stanley were say 4 up at the time it should not have carried on. fans of all clubs say that it only happens to us. well anyone knows stuff like this only happens at stanley. would have been interested what would have happened if stanley had refused to play on. think haringay set a precident the other week after their keeper was racially abused by yeovil fans and the team walked off. there has been some farces at the wham over the years but this must be the top of the list of tin pot decisions affecting the club no matter how the team performed or didn,t whatever the case was.
You can not compare racism to something that is in an official rule book, thus irrelevant of if teams want to continue or not.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..