Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree178Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2019, 10:59   #61
Full Member+

Re: The Crewe match thread, or the 'Annoy Accy Mad' thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
It,s obviously all about budgets we know that but personally and talking to other fans why such a huge squad especially when it seems like we are reluctant to use them I would have preferred a smaller squad all right you could be hit by injuries but could have brought in a bit more quality unless it comes back to a previous post of mine we struggled to attract them.
Numbers game, you take a punt on 10 average players in the hope that 1/2 become gems.
Jackson had never shone anywhere before he came to us.
Barlaser had played 4 games in League 2 (most as a sub!) before he game to us.
Just 2 examples, plenty more.....

Personally I think Bishop has done extremely well given circumstances.
Everyone is raving about Aji and Jerome....
So is it the current players and not new ones we should be concerned about....
Accrington Web
Old 10-11-2019, 11:08   #62
Senior Member+

Holt can't be happy about being out both major cups so early after spending a large amount on the ground
Old 10-11-2019, 11:14   #63
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
You can not compare racism to something that is in an official rule book, thus irrelevant of if teams want to continue or not.
So its in the rule book, that dont make it the right thing to do? do you honestly think if that had hasppened this afternoon at ANFIELD that Guardiola @ Klopp would have accepted it? cosd you must be in a big minority if so.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:23   #64
Full Member+

For what it is worth, I left at 4.45 wrongly thinking the game would be called off. At home on radio Dan Jewel hit the nail on the head when he said " there is £36,000 riding on this game , it is a FA cup round , yet we are to play on with just one linesman who will have to guess what is going on as he can not see the entire pitch!!!!!
I do agree Stanley 'hadn't turned up today but come on this was a complete farce , would this happen with premier teams?? exactly.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:37   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
For what it is worth, I left at 4.45 wrongly thinking the game would be called off. At home on radio Dan Jewel hit the nail on the head when he said " there is £36,000 riding on this game , it is a FA cup round , yet we are to play on with just one linesman who will have to guess what is going on as he can not see the entire pitch!!!!!
I do agree Stanley 'hadn't turned up today but come on this was a complete farce , would this happen with premier teams?? exactly.
Greeny !.. Whoever from Stanley agreed to carry on with the ridiculous format we were unfortunatel to witness for 45+ minutes must have their judgement seriously questioned.
The Crewe Manager was cock-a-hoop with the decision , and why wouldn't he be ?...
He also helped the referee to make his mind up on a couple of occasions !.

It was not a 'friendly ' match. If did carry some importance, and Cash, with it. So some serious consideration should have been given to this fact before making the decision to carry on. But here I go whingeing again!.. time to shut up methinks !.
cashman, Greeny and pifco like this.

Last edited by yonmon; 10-11-2019 at 11:39.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:44   #66
God Member

[QUOTE=cashman;1233509]So its in the rule book,

did anyone at stanley knew it actually was in the rule book. begs a question is it in the rule book or another case of a phone call and someone making it up as they went along.
Old 10-11-2019, 11:50   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post

It was not a 'friendly ' match. If did carry some importance, and Cash, with it. So some serious consideration should have been given to this fact before making the decision to carry on. But here I go whingeing again!.. time to shut up methinks !.
do not class it as a whinge but a sensible comment on the situation that happened. even in a bottom division sunday league game a team can refuse to play if the ref does not turn up and they cannot agree on anyone doing the job. there is no sanction on this refusal either.
cashman and yonmon like this.
Old 10-11-2019, 12:27   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
The Stanley website says it was Opoku who gave away the penalty but having just watched the highlights (so-called ) surely it was Conneely.
Website now corrected!!!
Old 10-11-2019, 13:03   #69
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
So its in the rule book, that dont make it the right thing to do? do you honestly think if that had hasppened this afternoon at ANFIELD that Guardiola @ Klopp would have accepted it? cosd you must be in a big minority if so.
The rule should be change. but it was correct in the situation.
it’s not a question of acceptance.
should never have happened but it did.
just like the handball rule....
Old 10-11-2019, 13:04   #70
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
do not class it as a whinge but a sensible comment on the situation that happened. even in a bottom division sunday league game a team can refuse to play if the ref does not turn up and they cannot agree on anyone doing the job. there is no sanction on this refusal either.
The original referee in charge made the decision because it was a rule.
Right or wrong he isn’t going to go against it.
Especially as 1 team wanted to continue to play.
If we had flat out refused; we would have been sanctioned.
Old 10-11-2019, 13:06   #71
Full Member+

Awful game management from Stanley.
Alese lucky not to be sent off for the most ridiculous lunge two footed off the ground; fortunately he didn’t connect with their player
Old 10-11-2019, 13:31   #72
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
MH ! . As someone who I respect,and as a Referee knows the rules appertaining to a situation like the one under discussion .
Stanleyjosh says that had whoever was representing the Reds at halftime had not agreed to
carry on the game , then the Club would have been sanctioned.
Now, to someone who doesnt know the rules whatsoever, will you please try to explain to me if this is in fact the truth of the matter ?.
If it is, then it would certainly have had a bearing on the actions taken on behalf of the Reds.
It would certainly have been good reason to carry on linesman-less, and I can forget all about it and enjoy a late lunch at ease with myself !.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 10-11-2019, 14:34   #73
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

well i will certainly take notice of what M.H. says on this matter. myself i cannot think the F.A. who have many faults, are that stupid.
Old 10-11-2019, 15:09   #74
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

crewes manager says jimmy bell offered to run the line and he agreed. then jimmy changed his mind think the fans deserve an explanation?
Old 10-11-2019, 15:23   #75
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
The original referee in charge made the decision because it was a rule.
Right or wrong he isn’t going to go against it.
Especially as 1 team wanted to continue to play.
If we had flat out refused; we would have been sanctioned.
Are you 100% sure of that? if so please show us this rule.then everyone can shut up. i can find nowt on the F.A.s site that covers this.

Last edited by cashman; 10-11-2019 at 15:31.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..