Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree178Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-11-2019, 16:29   #76
God Member

Re: The Crewe match thread, or the 'Annoy Accy Mad' thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StanleyJosh View Post
Numbers game, you take a punt on 10 average players in the hope that 1/2 become gems.
Jackson had never shone anywhere before he came to us.
Barlaser had played 4 games in League 2 (most as a sub!) before he game to us.
Just 2 examples, plenty more.....

Personally I think Bishop has done extremely well given circumstances.
Everyone is raving about Aji and Jerome....
So is it the current players and not new ones we should be concerned about....
That,s my point picked every week with plenty of new faces not considered.
Accrington Web
Old 10-11-2019, 17:01   #77
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
crewes manager says jimmy bell offered to run the line and he agreed. then jimmy changed his mind think the fans deserve an explanation?
It wasn't Jimmy, it was his son Elliott & there was the possibility of a friend of one of Crewe's players doing it but neither was thought to be appropriate for obvious reasons
Old 10-11-2019, 17:30   #78
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
It wasn't Jimmy, it was his son Elliott & there was the possibility of a friend of one of Crewe's players doing it but neither was thought to be appropriate for obvious reasons
ah i was just quoting what crewes manager said on there site.
Old 10-11-2019, 17:32   #79
Senior Member+

Quote:
crewes manager says jimmy bell offered to run the line and he agreed. then jimmy changed his mind think the fans deserve an explanation?
Was I heard that It was Jimmy ' s Nephew, who is apparently a qualified Referee who's name was suggested. But was turned down to protect him should he appear to have bias
when making important decisions.

But who can say ?.. What is true is that the Reds were beaten by faster, skilful and hungry young players wanting to win the tie and the lolly !. The worrying thing was that tactically they had no answer to the play produced by Crewe!.. So who is at fault there ?

I hope that the corner they need to turn is not too far down the line !... ON STANLEY.. ON !.
Old 10-11-2019, 18:16   #80
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Was I heard that It was Jimmy ' s Nephew, who is apparently a qualified Referee who's name was suggested. But was turned down to protect him should he appear to have bias
when making important decisions.

But who can say ?.. What is true is that the Reds were beaten by faster, skilful and hungry young players wanting to win the tie and the lolly !. The worrying thing was that tactically they had no answer to the play produced by Crewe!.. So who is at fault there ?

I hope that the corner they need to turn is not too far down the line !... ON STANLEY.. ON !.
oh i agree we were beaten by a far better side on the day, but thats not the point, if the rules are as stanley josh says then they are a joke, and like you i have no idea if thats the case.
Old 10-11-2019, 19:01   #81
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
That,s my point picked every week with plenty of new faces not considered.
New faces simply not good enough.
We’ve seen Maguire, we’ve seen ZFA, we’ve seen Kaba Sherif, we’ve seen Carvalho, we’ve seen Simpson, we’ve seen Bursik and not one of those deserved to start.
Coley sees them in training almost daily.
Old 10-11-2019, 19:03   #82
Full Member+

Too much hearsay.
As AccyMad rightly said, Jimmy Bells son James offered as he is a qualified ref, so did a Crewe fan and their spotter although mutually agreed unfair as based.
Unsure as to why ref’s assessor didn’t come into equation.
Phone calls at half time to FA & Mike Jones led to the outcome.

Rules are ridiculous. Just like VAR, new handball rule, stoppage time rule, new subs rule, new free kick rule etc.
Only good new one is no more contested drop balls.
KiTChener likes this.
Old 10-11-2019, 19:10   #83
Full Member+

Quote:
So its in the rule book, that dont make it the right thing to do? do you honestly think if that had hasppened this afternoon at ANFIELD that Guardiola @ Klopp would have accepted it? cosd you must be in a big minority if so.
No, but they have to put up with the joke that is VAR.
That’s bad enough, don’t make them suffer more haha!
KiTChener likes this.
Old 10-11-2019, 19:19   #84
God Member

Quote:
We’ve seen Maguire, we’ve seen ZFA, we’ve seen Kaba Sherif, we’ve seen Carvalho, we’ve seen Simpson, we’ve seen Bursik and not one of those deserved to start.
Diallo looked good at Oldham picking out passes and scored an excellent goal not been seen since Rodgers the forgotten man I could go on you can't say players aren't up to it if they don't play ok I already said we have below league 1 standard players but we have to change some things Simpson scored against Liverpool's kids but he took it well hit the target which nobody in the 11 are doing.
Old 10-11-2019, 19:25   #85
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Diallo looked good at Oldham picking out passes and scored an excellent goal not been seen since Rodgers the forgotten man I could go on you can't say players aren't up to it if they don't play ok I already said we have below league 1 standard players but we have to change some things Simpson scored against Liverpool's kids but he took it well hit the target which nobody in the 11 are doing.
Diallo is injured.
Did you see Simpson in Lancs Cup?
Another Connor Hall.....
Old 10-11-2019, 19:52   #86
Senior Member+

Quote:
And I notice that you dont mention the ' old ' faces who are currently underproducing .
The Wunderkind who looks totally disinterested for most of the time and just doesn't score or make telling crosses anymore. Our aging Centre Back who is now getting the runround every week, and of course our Captain who's preferred pass is still backwards or sideways putting Defenders and his fellow midfielder under unnecessary pressure, and unlike most other League 1 midfield players doesn't score goals or provide any threat in the opponents goalmouth !.
As I remarked earlier in my opinion the current squad is probably the worst that JC has had to work with, and sad to say do not improve as the weeks go by !.
But here I go again.. In a few years time I'll be a real old moaner !.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Old 10-11-2019, 20:10   #87
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
And I notice that you dont mention the ' old ' faces who are currently underproducing .
The Wunderkind who looks totally disinterested for most of the time and just doesn't score or make telling crosses anymore. Our aging Centre Back who is now getting the runround every week, and of course our Captain who's preferred pass is still backwards or sideways putting Defenders and his fellow midfielder under unnecessary pressure, and unlike most other League 1 midfield players doesn't score goals or provide any threat in the opponents goalmouth !.
As I remarked earlier in my opinion the current squad is probably the worst that JC has had to work with, and sad to say do not improve as the weeks go by !.
But here I go again.. In a few years time I'll be a real old moaner !.
I was referring to the new players from the original comment made.
But seems you mention it,
The Wunderkind as you put it was our top scorer last season....
He’s also had our most shots and assists this season.
Not become a bad player overnight.
Our aging centre back who has guided/been a part of the training of young Sykes to become the player he is.
And our Captain who has probably been our best player for at least the last 5 games. Why on earth would you want a defensive midfielder that high up the pitch.
Think the question should be more why hasn’t Finley scored more.....

& on the subject of our club captain; who would you play instead of him.
Choices right now realistically are
LKS - poor positional play
Diallo - Injured
Pritchard - too weak (another reason shouldn’t be playing as a false 9)
Johnson - too weak , and why ruin the Johnson/Clicker combo even if it’s predictable
Barclay - a centre half naturally who we tried converting into a midfielder and now can’t get in the squad

So can someone please try and convince me we shouldn’t play our club captain?
(don’t even get me started on the whole ‘shouldn’t be captain debate either!!)

Anyone seen the highlights on YouTube and wonder where on Earth big Jerome was defensively and why he was virtually walking back to defend?
Old 10-11-2019, 21:07   #88
Full Member+

I can only go by the first half because for the first time in my life I left a match early because I didn't think that the match would be completed and didn't think that the FA would allow the game to become the farce that it did and finish up as a joke on the BBc FA Cup Roundup. As for the players I don't think any of them could be judged to have had a good day but most disappointing thing to me was in the first half many of them didn't seem to be interested in the game and that is not something that we are used to at the Wham.
Old 10-11-2019, 21:09   #89
Senior Member+

No doubt Conneely has has improved slightly but he's still struggles at league 1 level and can't be the answer long term if we plan on staying in league 1 long term.

Sam Finley is the most talented midfielder in the squadand IMO should be the first name on the team sheet.
Old 10-11-2019, 21:34   #90
God Member

Now, now, Davo
Love not hate.
DAV007 likes this.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..