Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-04-2014, 07:12   #16
Senior Member+

Re: The end of Hereford United?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
Then again. I've never seen Edgar Street .....
I've been to every single match we've played there and want them back in the league so that I can eventually see that elusive Stanley win down there!
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-04-2014, 10:24   #17
Senior Member+

I must admit, I wont be rushing back to Edgar street !!!

Cracking chippy there is about the highlight.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-05-2014, 14:05   #18
Resting in Peace

Time about to run out for their survival. New investors promised by their chairman David Keyte for last weekend have failed to materialise and if it doesn't happen in the next couple of days they are goosed. Now too late for their Supporters Trust to step in even if they had a credible plan, which is stretching believability. Players who stuck with it even without being paid are now abandoning them. If the new investment was really going to happen in time the board could have paid them what was owed. Desperate times.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2014, 09:42   #19
God Member

Some more news

BBC Sport - Hereford United: Investors begin payment process to Bulls creditors

No matter who the club is, would never like to see any club go.........

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-05-2014, 10:04   #20
Super Moderator

...apart from Franchise who aren't a real club anyway.
Old 31-05-2014, 06:17   #21

Hereford United escaped the drop by using better players, players that were then not paid. I would save your sympathy for those clubs who operated in a financially responsible way but we're relegated.
If Hereford were in our league they would have been deducted 10 (or maybe 20) points but the conference has no provision for deducting points. How would you feel if Stanley were relegated below another team that had been into administration twice, writing off their debts and starting again with a clean slate?
shadsworthcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2014, 06:48   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Which has what to do wi the ordinary fan,who follows the club?
Old 31-05-2014, 09:40   #23
Senior Member+

Saddens me to see another old fashioned club going up the wall.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2014, 09:51   #24

The Conference is actually far stricter than the Football League when it comes to penalties for financial issues. If Hereford haven't cleared their debts in full by the time of the AGM they are out. CVA's and administration don't help. They bring about a points deduction in season and there are transfer embargoes similar to those that exist in the Football league for non payment of players. Aldershot were given a ten point deduction at the beginning of the season for being in Administration when they came down from the Football League and told they had a season to get their finances in order with all debts paid off or they were straight through to the leagues lower than Conference North/ South which I believe they have managed to do. I hope Hereford manage it as well as I don't want to see anybody go to the wall and there have been a number of occasions in recent years when our players haven't been paid on time, something I hope is well and truly behind us.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2014, 18:28   #25
Resting in Peace

Everything still shrouded in mystery!

Bulls News
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2014, 22:29   #26

Thanks for the detail, Lost.. I really didn't know all that

What it has to do with the ordinary fan? About as much as Stanley's demise in 1962 had to do with the ordinary Stanley fan. Or the liquidation of rumbelows, Woolworths and boo.com had to do with their customers. Businesses have to pay their way and if they don't then they fail, irrespective of the feelings of their ordinary fans/customers.
It's cruel but it also allows for new viable businesses/clubs to come through. My point is that Hereford signed players they could not afford and so cheated their way to staying in the league while other clubs were relegated after behaving responsibly. So I know where my sympathy lies.
shadsworthcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2014, 22:32   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadsworthcloud View Post
Thanks for the detail, Lost.. I really didn't know all that

What it has to do with the ordinary fan? About as much as Stanley's demise in 1962 had to do with the ordinary Stanley fan..
Well yeh would know what if yeh had any sense, I was a teenage fan of Stanley in 62, n if yeh can't grasp what, then yer dumber than i thought.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:35   #28

Having a different opinion to Cashman on any issue means you're dumb.

Simples.
SamF likes this.
Thin Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 08:59   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thin Monkey View Post
Having a different opinion to Cashman on any issue means you're dumb.

Simples.
Not at all, but stupid comments means yer dumb,seems you have joined the club.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:47   #30
Senior Member+

ianray (Ray to his friends) said there are no more places in the cashman stupid club.
Ray is the current chairman of the club and I am the life time president.
We may have a vacancy for a club secretary, but cashman hasnt ridiculed you enough for you to be considered a worthy applicant.
Keep talking common sense and one day you will be worthy of entry to the cashman stupid club.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..