Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2014, 11:05   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: The end of Hereford United?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
ianray (Ray to his friends) said there are no more places in the cashman stupid club.
Ray is the current chairman of the club and I am the life time president.
We may have a vacancy for a club secretary, but cashman hasnt ridiculed you enough for you to be considered a worthy applicant.
Keep talking common sense and one day you will be worthy of entry to the cashman stupid club.
Now i know yer talking rubbish,yeh just proved it, as i was wi Ray at a funeral on Friday.
Old 02-06-2014, 16:17   #32
Resting in Peace

Oh Dear!

New Owners Considering Administration/CVA
By Bobo

The Hereford Times reports the following from today's Court hearing:

Registrar Stephen Baister adjourned the petition until June 30 this morning after club lawyers told him that the club was purchased last week and the new owners are investigating options including administration and a creditors voluntary arrangement (CVA).

The registrar said that he would give the club until June 30 to 'look into all those possibilities'.

Link: Hereford United winding-up petition adjourned for 28 days (From Hereford Times)

Any Administration or CVA deal would incur the wrath of the Conference and a ten point deduction. That deduction could still be incurred this season, effectively relegating the Bulls to Conf North for 2014/15, if the Conference chose to do so in line with their rules.

Winding Up Petition Adjourned For 28 Days
By Bobo

The Winding-Up Petition against the Bulls has been adjourned for 28 days.

The High Court granted the extension this morning, with a club statement saying that the time would give the two sides more time to negotiate.

It is understood that, despite the 28 day extension, any agreement will have to be determined ahead of Friday's Conference AGM in order to avoid falling foul of Conference rules.

News Round-Up
By Bobo

To make things worse, Bulls banter is alive with rumours that, allegedly, the new owner has a 7 year conviction for lorry theft! The Conference won't sanction any new arrangement if that is true, so the club would be history on Friday.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:10   #33

Conference history with both Chester and Boston United suggests that they would drop further than Conference South for a CVA / Administration deal if it's before the AGM. Also rumours that the Conference are asking for a £250000 bond to guarantee that they will finish next season or to share between the clubs who miss out on gate receipts if they don't.
Lost in Cornwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 10:12   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
To make things worse, Bulls banter is alive with rumours that, allegedly, the new owner has a 7 year conviction for lorry theft!

How DAFt can it get ?
Old 03-06-2014, 10:32   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
How DAFt can it get ?
Bet he prefers his teams to play with a Flat Back Four
Redraine likes this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 17:48   #36

hope they can turn this around and evade closure such a proud club like stanley, its happening to much now for smaller clubs think these big clubs should have to spend some money on lower leagues!
Redraine and smobile like this.
Paz1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 22:38   #37
Resting in Peace

Conference boss speaks and makes good sense:-

BBC Sport - Hereford United: Tommy Agombar takes over as owner of the Bulls
Old 05-06-2014, 07:10   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
ianray (Ray to his friends) said there are no more places in the cashman stupid club.
Ray is the current chairman of the club and I am the life time president.
We may have a vacancy for a club secretary, but cashman hasnt ridiculed you enough for you to be considered a worthy applicant.
Keep talking common sense and one day you will be worthy of entry to the cashman stupid club.
I have NEVER commented on cashman and never would ... DAV007 STOP telling lies and including me in your posts as i find it upsetting ... ive met cashman and find him to be a gentleman and friend ...
ianray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:16   #39
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianray View Post
I have NEVER commented on cashman and never would ... DAV007 STOP telling lies and including me in your posts as i find it upsetting ... ive met cashman and find him to be a gentleman and friend ...
Chill Out Ray old boy it's only a bit of banter a bit like all the V's you were giving me at the last away game!!!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 08:19   #40
God Member

Not sure Cashy will be best pleased that he is being outed as having friends, that will kill his reputation
Old 05-06-2014, 08:28   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
Not sure Cashy will be best pleased that he is being outed as having friends, that will kill his reputation
Its good making friends off one meeting..........Love at first sight perhaps?
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 17:45   #42
Resting in Peace

It's now almost inevitable that the Bulls will be demoted to the nether regions of the leagues. The fans who raised about 78 grand to cover the HMRC tax bill are in a murderous mood regarding David Keyte who has consistently refused to engage with the fans organisation. The new investor was never going to come up with all the money required to survive in the Conference. Awful.

"Football Creditors Not Paid
By Bobo

The Bulls are understood to have not paid football creditors by today's 5pm deadline.

It is understood that the deadlock between Tommy Agombar and Dennis Strudwick continues with Agombar demanding written assurances from the Conference of the Bulls' survival in the fifth tier if they settled the bills. Strudwick is understood to have refused such assurances.

The matter will now go to a vote of the Conference board early tomorrow afternoon, with a unanimous vote sees the immediate expulsion of the Bulls. A split decision will see the Premier clubs vote on the Bulls' future on Saturday."
Old 06-06-2014, 06:53   #43

The club put a statement or non-statement on Twitter last night saying "Hereford United will not be making any statement tonight regarding the current financial situation at Edgar Street"

Fans were no doubt going mental - Real shoddy way to treat football fans.

Wonder if this will mean a reprieve for Chester ?
Old 06-06-2014, 07:42   #44
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post

Wonder if this will mean a reprieve for Chester ?
Put your house on it!
Old 06-06-2014, 08:06   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Put your house on it!
I've already put it on Stanley going up next season

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..