Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2014, 21:44   #46
Senior Member+

Re: The end of Hereford United?

Well after the debacle with the meeting in Newport today, The Football Conference can only be described as weak. Originally stating that there will be no extensions to the Thursday deadline for all debts to be paid, they have now got an extension until tomorrow when all debts must be paid off to all creditors which for some reason do not include the HMRC. Chester FC must be hopping mad, although maybe a drop in one division is not as bad as the fall from grace that awaits the Bulls.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-06-2014, 07:33   #47
Resting in Peace

Chester fans not happy about the latest extended deadline given to Hereford:-

"Infact don't bother paying for anything whatsoever, shaft everyone, shaft local businesses, take the mick out of your customers (the fans). Promise "further investors (Stephen Vaughn laundering drugs money) and the Conference STILL WILL NOT EXPELL YOU!!!! Absolutely shocking!"
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:04   #48
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Chester fans not happy about the latest extended deadline given to Hereford:-

"Infact don't bother paying for anything whatsoever, shaft everyone, shaft local businesses, take the mick out of your customers (the fans). Promise "further investors (Stephen Vaughn laundering drugs money) and the Conference STILL WILL NOT EXPELL YOU!!!! Absolutely shocking!"
Well it's no surprise some of their fans would say that in their situation. But there's a bit of a difference between a relegation and going out of existence, which is what's really at stake for the Bulls. Given their recent history, most Chester fans, as opposed to their hard-line message board nutters (like us ), will probably get that.
Old 07-06-2014, 17:01   #49
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
I've already put it on Stanley going up next season
Knocking bet
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 21:43   #50
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Well after the debacle with the meeting in Newport today, The Football Conference can only be described as weak. Originally stating that there will be no extensions to the Thursday deadline for all debts to be paid, they have now got an extension until tomorrow when all debts must be paid off to all creditors which for some reason do not include the HMRC. Chester FC must be hopping mad, although maybe a drop in one division is not as bad as the fall from grace that awaits the Bulls.
Well, the Football Conference really are a weak bunch of people. HUFC have now got till Monday 9th June to pay all debts. What is the point of deadlines. Whilst I understand nobody wants to see their club demoted to the nether regional leagues, perhaps this would have been best. Chester FC have come back and although relegated from the Conference National last season, I believe they could have a case for suing the Conference committee for breach of promise!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 08-06-2014, 09:57   #51
Senior Member+

The whole situation stinks that's for sure.

I can imagine Chester are over the moon with the situation.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 16:51   #52
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
I can imagine Chester are over the moon with the situation.
Eh?
Old 08-06-2014, 22:31   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
Eh?
I believe the quote was tongue in cheek

Old 09-06-2014, 08:19   #54
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
I believe the quote was tongue in cheek
Innocence is my middle name!
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 10-06-2014, 14:38   #55
God Member

D-Day for The Bulls?
Bulls News: Conference Statement "Around 4pm"
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 15:22   #56
God Member

Demotion-Day indeed.
Bulls News: Bulls Expelled From The Conference

Sad reflection that football remains, like much of our economy, a dog-eat-dog's breakfast.
Old 10-06-2014, 16:01   #57
Senior Member+

Although the Football Conference have at last had the balls to do what they threatened and demote Hereford and reinstate Chester FC, I think the whole saga stinks and shows what a weak bunch of people run the league. To give 2 stays of demotion and then finally do the deed when it became apparent that they could not fulfil their obligations, is IMHO disgraceful. Whilst Chester fans and the football club will now be joyous, I can imagine the mood in Chester with all the stays of execution being rather black to say the least.

Old 10-06-2014, 18:52   #58
God Member

I'm not quite so critical of the Conference, as you seem to be Ozzy. Some might argue that they gave The Bulls every chance (or at least three chances) to abide by the rules. That they couldn't take those chances is tough on the fans, but acting immediately is not always for the best. If you recall 1962, the Football League under Alan Hardaker gave Stanley no second chance, and refused to rescind the letter of resignation when some, including Mr.Cocker the chairman, sought to salvage the club.
Let's hope for Hereford's fans that this latest setback sends the spivs and wanna-be owners running, and that, in the end, it allows the club to be reclaimed by and for its fans.
Old 10-06-2014, 18:59   #59
Senior Member+

Quite unbelievable news that Hereford have gone.

Another VERY sad day for English football.
smobile likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 20:08   #60
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Quite unbelievable news that Hereford have gone.

Another VERY sad day for English football.
Agreed.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..