Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree72Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2014, 20:24   #61
Senior Member+

Re: The end of Hereford United?

Can Hereford go into conference north?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 10-06-2014, 20:54   #62
God Member

As somebody posted on twitter
Hereford united debt = £148,000...expelled from conference

QPR debt = £60,000,000... Promoted to premier league

Says all you need to know bout the state of football in this country
sparkie, Redraine, yonmon and 3 others like this.
Old 10-06-2014, 20:59   #63
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Can Hereford go into conference north?
No they've been expelled from the Conference.
Old 10-06-2014, 21:13   #64
God Member

I wonder how long it will be before we see every team in the Football League and Conferences go into receivership in unison at the end of every season?
The underlying threat that the massively indebted big boys hold over everyone else is that if you owe £165K it's your problem, if you owe £60M - £600M, it's the banks' problem. Thus the Premier League Global Conglomerate Club Inc. (and the Exchequer) are happy to go on inflating the costs of the game knowing that the banks will not call in their debts.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:16   #65
Senior Member+

Could Hereford go into the Welsh premier league?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:42   #66
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Could Hereford go into the Welsh premier league?
The only relevant question is who will have them, I'm afraid.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:31   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I'm not quite so critical of the Conference, as you seem to be Ozzy. Some might argue that they gave The Bulls every chance (or at least three chances) to abide by the rules. That they couldn't take those chances is tough on the fans, but acting immediately is not always for the best. If you recall 1962, the Football League under Alan Hardaker gave Stanley no second chance, and refused to rescind the letter of resignation when some, including Mr.Cocker the chairman, sought to salvage the club.
Let's hope for Hereford's fans that this latest setback sends the spivs and wanna-be owners running, and that, in the end, it allows the club to be reclaimed by and for its fans.
Whilst I agree with the sentiment of what happened to Stanley in 1962, my argument is that the Conference bods gave HUFC 3 chances to abide by the rules, how many times do people get 3 chances? It showed weakness. However, I also agree, as others have said, HUFC go out of the Conference for less than 200K yet QPR get promoted with a 60 million debt. I do hope HUFC do what Chester FC and ourselves have done and come back better and stronger for the experience. We can only thank Ilyas for saving us in our hour of need a few years ago.Otherwise, where would Stanley be now?

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:25   #68
God Member

Yes, Ozzy, the one amazing and joyous fact from this latest sorry saga is that, against all the odds, our little club continues to survive in the Football League. Let's hope a few more good folk recognise this as the miracle it truly is, and come along to The Crown this coming season to ride the emotional roller-coaster that is Stanley.
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 11-06-2014, 12:34   #69
Senior Member+

A sad day to see a fine little club similar to ours get expelled like this!
Perhaps QPR could have gifted Hereford £200k knowing that they themselves appear to be untouchable by the finance fuss pots!
I sincerely hope the Hereford can do what we did and make their way back up the ladder.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 14:48   #70

A sorry state of today's game when a club in existence for 90 years looks like going to the wall for the less money than some Premier League players earn in a week.

Hope they do what others have done - dust themselves off and rise again.

Good luck to them and Good riddance to the clowns that were running them.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 15:25   #71
Super Moderator

Not 100% sure but don't think they are "going bust".

My take on it is that have debts and creditors (don't most clubs) and the conditions the Conference have laid down can't be meet.

I'm guessing leagues below the Conference will welcome Hereford with their ground and support.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 16:01   #72
God Member

Looks like the Calor Southern League premier (7th tier) may be an option for Hereford.
Calor League Southern
Old 12-06-2014, 22:42   #73
Senior Member+

Salisbury City aren't out of the mire yet. The Conference have tweeted that they will make a statement about them at 1pm tomorrow (Friday).
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2014, 07:01   #74

Could mean a reprieve for Dartford then.

The way it's going even Hyde could stay up
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2014, 08:09   #75
Senior Member+

Hereford supporters are gravely concerned about their new owner's request to the local council for the transfer of leases from the club to himself and have set up a petition.

The full item from Bulls News is here:
Bulls News: Petition To Hereford Council About Leases

This is the first paragraph:
A petition has been set up to protest at any transfer of leases to Tommy Agombar or one of his companies. The petition is at https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...-tommy-agombar

I'm sure they'd welcome support from other clubs' supporters...
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..