Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-11-2012, 19:11   #1
Junior Member+

The FA 34

Hello Accrington!

Me and my good pal Johnny the Rhino, are from Manchester & are attempting to do the ‘FA 34’ this season which means attending one game from each round of all 3 FA knockout competitions:- all 10 FA Vase, 10 FA Trophy & 14 FA Cup including all 3 finals at Wembley. Game No. 17 of 34 for us will be your home game v Oxford United on Saturday, our 8th game in the FA Cup this season.

Last year we successfully followed the path of the FA Cup and made lots of friends from lots of different clubs along the way. We started with Chadderton FC in the extra preliminary round staying with them until they got knocked out then follow whoever knocked them out and so on.. all the way to Wembley where i was on stage with Sir Trevor Brooking handing out awards before taking our seats courtesy of Budweiser to watch Chelsea beat Liverpool 2-1 in the final. Attempting the 34 this season gives us a chance to see more clubs & visit different grounds.

I write a fairly successful blog about our adventures and although it’s from a ‘neutrals’ point of view, we always tend to side with the home team on match day and try to get somewhere near the half way line if we can. I don’t write the blog for any sort of financial gain it’s purely for the love of the game & just an expensive hobby lol so if you see a couple of fat, middle age blokes with ‘shameless-style’ accents & ‘1 Leg On The Cup’ wrote on their coats on Saturday come & say hello! We’re really hard to miss!

I usually tweet the progress of our journey from @1LegOnTheCup on match day if you want to follow & i always follow all football fans back.

Cheers & thanks for reading..... Tony 1 Leg. Blog - 1-Leg On The Cup | A Bit Like 1 Hand On The Trophy!
Tony 1 Leg is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-11-2012, 20:27   #2

Re: The FA 34

Hello Tony and, in advance of Saturday, welcome to Accrington. My season ticket seat is in the main stand, quite close to the half way line, but I will be in the Clayton End on Satruday so you should find a seat available (unfortunately there will actually be lots of seats available because we just can't fill our ground thanks to the apathetic locals who keep going to Turf Moor and Ewood Park). Sounds like a fun adventure and I wish you all the best for this season's trip of 34. Hope to bump into you; come into the Crown pub before or after and you will find me amongst the Ultras (you can't miss me 'cos my forum name is on the back of my shirt).
Bentley5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-2012, 22:41   #3
Senior Member+

Well Tony, hope you enjoy your Saturday at the Crown, and hopefully, you may be back in round 3 against one of the big boys (wishful thinking on my part). If you can't get in the main stand, then I would suggest the Whinney Hill Terrace (which is seated) would get you close to the action and close to the half way line. The locals are hospitable and the pies and pints even better. ENJOY

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 15:38   #4
Junior Member+

thanks for the comments chaps!

any idea on ticket prices for saturday? can't seem to find out from the website & i email'd the club a week ago but haven't had a reply as of yet.

also, if the game is called off at the last minute for any reason what's the best place for me to look for the latest info? here, official website, FB, twitter etc.

Ozzy, the Whinney Hill Terrace sounds just fine to me!
Bentley, see you in the Crown fella (assuming i find it easy enough as i walk from the station)

Cheers... Tony.
Old 29-11-2012, 16:29   #5
God Member

From our official site, just been put up for you

Club News.

Thursday 29th Nov 2012.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oxford FA Cup Admission
This weekend's FA Cup Second Round tie with Oxford United is pay on the gate, with no tickets being sold in advance.

Adults will pay £15 anywhere in the ground, with prices for over 65s £10 and students and under 17s paying £5.

Accompanied under 12s will be just £2.

Season ticket holders will have their seats reserved.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-2012, 17:05   #6
Junior Member+

lol cheers VALAIRIAN
Old 05-12-2012, 19:51   #7
Junior Member+

Blog now up! (finally, been a bit busy this week) i did my best with the match report but to be fair there was WAY too much to talk about

had a great time at the game on Saturday and i would like to wish you guys all the best for Christmas and the rest of the season of course

thanks again, Cheers.... Tony. 1-Leg On The Cup | A Bit Like 1 Hand On The Trophy!
Old 05-12-2012, 21:05   #8

are you going to the replay???
i went to The Manor Ground Oxford 3 times in one season, League cup, f a cup and a league match, Rovers won the f a cup match (it was a replay) we got Man U at home in the next round, it was LIVE on tv on a Friday night if i recall correctly.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:23   #9
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by stetrovers View Post
are you going to the replay???
No i can't make the replay, my fixture list is tight as it is and it looks like the weather is going to knacker things up for me over the coming weeks.

my trip to Barnoldswick Town for the FA Vase 3rd Round this coming Saturday looks doomed already!

didn't football come about for something to do when there wasn't any cricket on? high time it changed if you ask me summer time footy & watch indoor sports in the winter

cheers guys.... Tony.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..