Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2013, 19:51   #31
Super Moderator

Re: The febrile york city thread !.

...and even after we'd scored we still tried to give it away by allowing them the run of our goal area, resulting in a free kick and a corner for them. If you've got a dodgy ticker, you really shouldn't watch Stanley!
AccyMad, cashman and caretaker like this.
Old 06-04-2013, 20:13   #32
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeg Red View Post
We got out of jail today, without a doubt. Goalkeeper was probably our best player. No one else really showed too much. Murph redeemed himself with the goal after another poor display
Spot on Reckon our keeper was MoM by a back yard. Beattie also worked his nuts off today.
Old 06-04-2013, 20:13   #33
Senior Member+

Attended 3-2 thriller between Wednesday and Blackburn.

At end asked Blackburn fan with Moblie device if he knew how Accy had got on.

Response " Eh Eh Eh Eh?"

"How had Stanley got on?" I elucidated.

"How the fword should I know"

6th March 1962 - They turned off the gas but nothing could extinguish the flame!
Haggis316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 20:15   #34
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

What would yeh expect a guy to say Haggis? when his team had just been dumped in the relegation slots.
Old 06-04-2013, 20:22   #35
Senior Member+

Poor game with little shape noticeable in both teams !..as was said Linganzi's drive and prescence were sadly missed..Romauld didn't look fully fit..BUT the bonus arrived in the shape of our goalkeeper who, for the first time had a confident air about him and saved us from defeat.
Glad to see a bloodstained Murphy score and shut the gobs (pardon the expression !) of the Yorkshire Dummies who had been cat-calling him Throughout the second-half.
Glad for Leam that a result was finally attained !
(ps...Anyone got a prediction yet for the ones to take the dreaded Blue Square drop ?)
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 20:31   #36
God Member

Torquay and York.....

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 20:43   #37
Senior Member+

Some people have reported we where poor and got away with it today, that the manager got his tactics completly wrong in the first half. You have to give him credit for acknowledging it was not working and changing it.
There is nothing worse than a manager who is to proud to admit they have made a mistake and refuses to change it.

Another bad game by Murphy despite the goal, any news on when Hunt is back?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 20:46   #38
Senior Member+

Jack Turpin was the king of highway robbery and he would have been proud of Stanley today, we never deserved to come away with a point, we were completely out played by the Minster men, praise heaped on Aldred and Rachubka for keeping the score line down
But I really can’t understand leam’s persistence on playing Beattie, in my opinion the team never perform when he is in the line up.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 20:51   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Just shows how we see stuff different, me n those around me thought Beattie worked his nuts off this afternoon.
Old 06-04-2013, 20:58   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

I fer one was very concerned when Hunt was injured davo, But today again young Aldred was immense, the lad had been a revelation, n i reckon if he continues to develop, we will make a pretty penny fer him at some stage.
Old 06-04-2013, 21:17   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
. You have to give him credit

WOW!!

Dav gives LEAM credit!!
cashman and Dazzagee like this.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 22:08   #42
Senior Member+

A very important point won today after a relatively poor performance. We really could have been three goals down after twenty minutes but Paul R did a couple of good tip overs and York's shooting was off the target..thank goodness! We didn't play with anything like the fluency of recent matches and we never seemed to win the "second ball" at all. We steadied a bit in the second half after Miller came on but it was still York who looked more likely to score. Their keeper was wasting loads of time taking up to 20 + seconds several times to kick from out of his hands!! Stanley to their credit didn't give up and their late pressure paid off at the death with a wonderful "35 yarder" from Murphy giving us a point! Sorry, it was actually less than one yard but it was no less important than any "wonder goal". Daylight robbery comes to mind but I cannot stress what an important point this could be..It robbed York of TWO points and gave us one more on a bad day at the office! I was chuffed for Peter Murphy to get the goal as he was very, very brave today. He got his nose properly SPLATTERED in the first half by a back header form one of his team mates but he simply got back into the fray and played his heart out. He deserved the goal. So well done Peter! Good to see us get something out of a game in an UGLY fashion for once!
ps We should have had a penalty just before we scored when a York defender cleared the ball off their goal line with his elbow. Also thought the Ref was pretty poor today. York fans were super in cheering their team on. Hope we both stay up and its the "Southern Jessies" that go down!
KEEP THE FAITH. ON STANLEY ON!!!
cashman and caretaker like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 01:33   #43
Full Member+

I was listening to the radio half resigning myself to a loss,and half hoping for another miracle. It came at 4.55 pm!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 07:15   #44
God Member

From Stanley's point of view first half we were poor and Chubs saves were vital in keeping the score down, second half we gradually grew into the game with the changes slowly, the last few minutes resembled the Alamo with everything including the proverbial kitchen sink being thrown at York and for Steve Bruce to grab the equaliser shows the spirit we have.

The final whistle felt like a win and great credit to the fans who travelled who never gave up the cause and sang and sang their hearts out the Players and Fans showed their emotions at the end "All in it Together"

Cracking Day away in the End but also credit to York who in parts battered us

On Stanley On

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 08:36   #45
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Had n interesting conversation after the match wi a York fan on bus back to car park, He was telling us York is a city wi population oer 200.000, No other league club within 20 miles,Leeds being nearest, Yet they still only attract 4/5 thousand gates, So looking at it that way, little accy aint as bad as them. Could still do wi a load more fer next friday nights match though.
Wynonie Harris and yonmon like this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..