Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2013, 13:43   #61
Senior Member+

Re: The febrile york city thread !.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
I reckon were safe if we beat Morecambe.
Agreed.

Seasons ends on Friday if we win
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2013, 14:45   #62
God Member

Season dosn't finish Friday, Three points would go a long way towards it but let's not kid ourselves that The Shrimps will just turn over and roll over they will be well up for it Lancashire Derby and bragging rights on offer. We have to be on it from the first minute not as we were yesterday as we got out of jail and there will still be twists yet as there have been over the last month.

It is important to stay in the Box seat with destinty in our own hands

A Win Friday means watching the results Saturday and knowing then where we are

One thing I can give and still keep: my word.

SFFS
Pendle Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 14:54   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Agreed.

Seasons ends on Friday if we win
Well if Cashy and DAV007 ( Who seem to have struck up some sort of mutual admiration society lately ! ) are in concord about this then it must be right !...so the two of us must be in agreement with the premise...
What I really intended to report was a snippet from the York City Forum which read...

"For while it is only natural to anticipate the absolute worse following the cruel blow of conceding such a late goal to a limited but determined Accrington side who have actually made something of a career of dramatic reprieves over recent weeks, the immediate picture for York isn't all bad. Had that equaliser arrived much earlier in the second-half the final outcome would have probably still been exactly the same (or perhaps even worse) but obviously not quite as gut-wrenching.
A number of York fans actually complained of feeling physically sick at the final whistle.".

Strikes me that they had well underestimated the character of our team who have pleased us all this term with their 'never-say-die' til the final whistle' attitude !..for which Leam Richardson must be applauded !.
And don't you just feel a little bit sorry for those nauseated
Yorkies ??.

yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 15:05   #64
Full Member+

We went to York yesterday , glad it was lovely weather because up to the last 5 mins of game the weather was the only good thing worth talking about. I expected us to come out with all guns blazing , what a disappointment, it seemed to me that only York wanted to stay in league two , Stanley didn't even play , was sloppy and shoddy. OK the pitch was shall we say uneven but was same for both sides.Five min added and we start to play and equalised , phew!! Our goalie was exceptional today , well done. Glad Leam made early changes , but please lads don't put us through displays like that again, embarrassing. Now that said roll on Fri when we face Morecambe .
cashman likes this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 15:25   #65
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendle Red View Post
Season dosn't finish Friday, Three points would go a long way towards it but let's not kid ourselves that The Shrimps will just turn over and roll over they will be well up for it Lancashire Derby and bragging rights on offer. We have to be on it from the first minute not as we were yesterday as we got out of jail and there will still be twists yet as there have been over the last month.

It is important to stay in the Box seat with destinty in our own hands

A Win Friday means watching the results Saturday and knowing then where we are
I disagree, 51 points will keep us up.
When was the last time a team went down with 51 points?

BBC Sport - Football - Accrington Stanley - Fixtures

Bristol Rovers may still have dreams of the play offs if they win vs Bradford and Southend on Tuesday and Saturday, they will be right up for it.
Plus its their last home game of the season, they will still be wanting to finish well.

Its essential we dont go into the Oxford game level on points with the bottom 2, win on Friday, we are safe.

23rd place (relegated)
2011/12 - 44 points
2010/11 - 47 points
2009/10 - 44
2008/9 - 37
2007/8 - 42
2006/7 - 36
2005/6 - 49
2004/5 - 38
2003/04 - 45
2002/03 - 48
2001/02 - 45 (24th place - 36 points went down, 1 team relegated).

One thing we can all agree on, 48 points may not be enough and should not be relied upon.
football19 likes this.
Old 07-04-2013, 15:43   #66
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
A number of York fans actually complained of feeling physically sick at the final whistle.".
That'll be them Tykie pies they sell.
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 07-04-2013, 15:46   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
You really are a fool.

Did I not say credit to murphy and rachubka??

Open your eyes.

Ive been watching this club for 18 seasons and have every right to say what I want.

And u??? Alot less thats for sure.
Good positive/constructive reply that Smudgie,name calling and "I've watched Acci longer than you"rubbish. You still never said what team you would have started with?,
Correct me if I am wrong,but was you one of the "Leam simply isn't up to it"Brigade ?
I apologise if I am wrong,but you don't seem to have given him any credit in the last month or so.
I doubt whether John and Jimmy could have matched our recent results
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 15:53   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
I doubt whether John and Jimmy could have matched our recent results
they wouldnt have had us in this position in the first place.
smudgie likes this.
Old 07-04-2013, 15:58   #69
Senior Member+

Quote:
Open to debate that Davo,and we will never know. Once Leam got the lads in who he wanted,the team started to play,Coley would have done the same,would have depended who he could tap up
Old 07-04-2013, 16:24   #70
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
No-one knows that wi similar circs, The only thing that is fact is no-ones snapped em up since Rochdale binned em.
Old 07-04-2013, 16:25   #71
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
Open to debate that Davo,and we will never know. Once Leam got the lads in who he wanted,the team started to play,Coley would have done the same,would have depended who he could tap up
Exactly.
so why did you use the recent up turn in results to suggest ('i doubt') coleman couldnt have done the same?
You seem eager to have a dig and defend Leam at all costs.
smudgie and football19 like this.
Old 07-04-2013, 16:26   #72
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
No-one knows that wi similar circs, The only thing that is fact is no-ones snapped em up since Rochdale binned em.
Have Rochdale paid them off yet?
I was under the impression they are on a sort of gardening leave?
Old 07-04-2013, 16:42   #73
Senior Member+

Not getting involved with the Leam v Coley debate, it,s all speculation. As for who's going down. I'm still of the opinion Aldershot will finish last with York, Torquay and Wimbledon fighting to escape and then Stanley, Barnet and Plymouth neading to pick up at least 3 points each or else.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 16:52   #74
Senior Member+

Quote:
Exactly.
so why did you use the recent up turn in results to suggest ('i doubt') coleman couldnt have done the same?
You seem eager to have a dig and defend Leam at all costs.
Having a dig at John and Jimmy?,you must be kidding me!,total respect off me,and there biggest fan,what I said was they would struggle to match our last six results,even fertile would have struggled!!!
Old 07-04-2013, 16:54   #75
Senior Member+

Meant Fergie lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..