Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2018, 17:51   #166
Senior Member+

Re: The final run in.

I'll take a pint on that Cash, Champions for me.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-04-2018, 19:02   #167
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
I'll take a pint on that Cash, Champions for me.
I really hope so, but a pint it is then.
Old 02-04-2018, 07:50   #168
God Member

being champions would be the iceing on the cake. does the club receive money if they get promoted from somewhere.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 08:18   #169
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
being champions would be the iceing on the cake. does the club receive money if they get promoted from somewhere.
Nowt! I've just Googled what teams get and the best I can find is this from a Plymouth site last year. Maybe the figures have gone up a bit since then.

Argyle have a great chance of winning the League Two title next week but how much prize money would they receive?

The answer is: none!
There is no extra prize money for winning a championship because all League Two teams receive the same payments from the EFL regardless of finishing position.

Last month I asked those in charge at the EFL how much prize money would a title winning team receive and they confirmed there is no extra prize money for finishing top of League Two and no ladder system operates across all three divisions of the EFL.
So Argyle, should they win the title, will receive the same financial payments as relegated Leyton Orient.

Each League Two club will receive £472,000 as a 'basic award' plus a £430,000 'solidarity payment' from the Premier League.

Basic award across the EFL:
Championship - £2.084m.
League 1 - £677,000.
League 2 - £472,000.

Premier League Solidarity payment across the EFL:
Championship - £4.3m
League 1 - £645,000.
League 2 - £430,000.

A trophy will just have to do!
monkey hanger likes this.
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:01   #170
God Member

cheers MikeA. just something i wondered.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:07   #171
Senior Member+

looks like we could lose 4 or 5 local sides from league 1
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:18   #172
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
looks like we could lose 4 or 5 local sides from league 1
Been looking like 2 or 3 at least for a while, and they are the 5 closest.

Bradford and Blackpool will be the closest left.

Weather today is bad for the next 3/4 hours so could see this one getting called off. The referee always inspects the pitch so more rubbish from AS Twitter on the topic.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:33   #173
God Member

Not sure about Crown, but watched the FL show for Friday game and there were plenty of bad pitches that saw the game out.

Last thing we need is another game off!!

Everybody think positive thoughts - it is working for Coley and Co.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:42   #174
God Member

Weather today is bad for the next 3/4 hours so could see this one getting called off. The referee always inspects the pitch so more rubbish from AS Twitter on the topic.[/QUOTE]

whats the roads like as i,ve got snow over my way and the gritters seem to be on strike. might have to do some juggling about to get to the game. its just getting over that hill thats the usual problem.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:45   #175
Full Member+

no snow here at the moment, but very wet.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 09:51   #176
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Sod all to worry about at this end mate, just been out wi the dog raining but sod all else now.
Old 02-04-2018, 09:54   #177
Full Member+

Roads fine here, gritters were out in Hyndburn last night about 9/10pm, saw a couple within a few mins.

Ice on gardens after sleat fall, moderate rain, not quite heavy.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:13   #178
God Member

[QUOTE=Chewbacca;1211290]Roads fine here, gritters were out in Hyndburn last night about 9/10pm, saw a couple within a few mins.

cheers to everyone who have replied. think the lack of gritters over my way is because they do not like giving stuff away in yorkshire.
AccyMad likes this.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:20   #179
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1211291]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
Roads fine here, gritters were out in Hyndburn last night about 9/10pm, saw a couple within a few mins.

cheers to everyone who have replied. think the lack of gritters over my way is because they do not like giving stuff away in yorkshire.
I've heard that all Yorkshire Gritters are Left Hand drive!!!! tsk tsk!!!!
AccyMad and monkey hanger like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2018, 10:28   #180
Senior Member+

It's still raining steadily down here in Clayton le Moors and I have been monitoring postponements on the BBC Red button......
Several matches off in the North West now at; Bradford City and also, Halifax, Tranmere, Barrow, Stockport, Southport and a few others too. Stanley Website and Twitter saying NO pitch inspection needed but I am sure the Referees will be looking at it at 12.30pm. So watch the website......(usually slow to give notice!) and Twitter, Facebook etc and also the BBC Red Button and the BBC Sport/Football Website. Would be a real pity for County fans to find it postponed when they were nearly in Accrington!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..