Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree142Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-03-2018, 20:46   #76
Full Member+

Re: The final run in.

It will cost Stanley a few quid losing an international weekend game and playing it on a Tuesday, bound to lose top spot too.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-03-2018, 20:53   #77
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
It will cost Stanley a few quid losing an international weekend game and playing it on a Tuesday, bound to lose top spot too.
Why bound to lose top spot? Luton 2 down at half time, we keep winning and they keep losing. yeh never know. they are at newport sat.
Old 13-03-2018, 21:06   #78
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
What a load of ...........
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-03-2018, 22:04   #79

It’s no big deal. Gives Billy a week off in order to shake off that debilitating fatigue of his.

Also, can’t beat an evening game in my opinion.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 09:07   #80
God Member

Also, can’t beat an evening game in my opinion.[/QUOTE]

you might like evening games and so do i but plenty do not for one reason or another. the gate will be down about 500 for the rearanged game. this international break really bugs me unless you have half a team missing. what do clubs have squads for. can we cancel a game if one of our players gets injured.
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 11:08   #81
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
It’s no big deal. Gives Billy a week off in order to shake off that debilitating fatigue of his.

Also, can’t beat an evening game in my opinion.
How is it not a big deal, the timing couldn't be worse - the momentum we could've gained with two home games in a row could be crucial, a week's break is not only unwelcome it's a damned nuisance.
And yes, I like our evening games too but not at the expense of a weekend without a match
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 11:17   #82
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Why not ask Newport if we can switch the re-arranged game to that blank sat? surely worth asking?
monkey hanger and ferret man like this.
Old 14-03-2018, 11:41   #83
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Why not ask Newport if we can switch the re-arranged game to that blank sat? surely worth asking?
It's not a blank Saturday for Newport though Cashy, they're at home to Crewe
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 12:00   #84
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
It's not a blank Saturday for Newport though Cashy, they're at home to Crewe
Ah ok fair enough Di.
Old 14-03-2018, 18:46   #85

Evening matches will never compete with a traditional Saturday afternoon match.
For those who work all day, evening games can be a real pain.
It's all too easy to give it a miss if your tired, or the weather is foul.
Likewise, not many parents will allow their school-age kids to attend a game that ends after 9.30pm - Saturday no problem!
But the biggest difference is that the attendance by away supporters is massively affected.
You've got to be a fanatical fan to travel from Yeovil to Accrington for a Tuesday night game.
All considered - lower gate + poor kiosk sales = a very big deal indeed!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2018, 19:15   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Also quite a few local bus services do not run in the evenings, i know a few owd lads that dont come cos of that fact, but i dont think its a big deal regarding our chances of promotion? The noise the Ultras make discount that for me.
Old 14-03-2018, 21:22   #87

Ok, I can see it’s not ideal for some, just a personal preference really. Makes the Wham feel like the Nou Camp when them lights are dazzling.

With any luck Yeovil will be the game we get promoted. That should hopefully get some of the waivers out.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 19:39   #88
Senior Member+

You think 8 points from the last 9 games will do it L.D. I don't think 82 will do it. We have to get 3 points next week against Yeovil because the last 7 games are all tough. I have us getting 12 points from the last 8 which will give us 88 points which should keep us top, will certainly in the top 3.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 19:47   #89
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
You think 8 points from the last 9 games will do it L.D. I don't think 82 will do it. We have to get 3 points next week against Yeovil because the last 7 games are all tough. I have us getting 12 points from the last 8 which will give us 88 points which should keep us top, will certainly in the top 3.

Erm..... I think it is impossible for us to get three points next week against Yeovil.
AccyMad and sherry like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-2018, 19:47   #90
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossy kid View Post
Yeovil next week is postponed mate.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..