Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2004, 15:01   #1
Senior Member+

The Football Factory.

Heard a lot about this new film, football hooliganism coming to the big screen, fine. its just the controversial timing. just before euro 2004.

what dya think? ill find articals lol
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 29-03-2004, 15:11   #2
God Member

Re: The Football Factory.

Must admit, Accy - I've never heard of this film......but if what you say is correct, then the timing does seem peculiar. You would have thought they would have held it back until after the championship.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 15:18   #3

I recognise the name but I don't think I've ever seen a trailer for it or anything. Is it supposed to be good?
Old 29-03-2004, 15:25   #4
Senior Member+

I have read the book but did not know they had made it into a film. The media love stuff like this it fills the chip wrappers no end. Do not buy papers that print stuff about hooligans and they will not write it!!
loweiy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 15:33   #5
Senior Member+

I guess the cinema's in millwall and burnley will do a roaring trade..
simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 15:36   #6
God Member

I've just seen the film advertised on the British Council website.....this is ominous...it suggests that lottery money may well have gone into making it. Still, it makes a change from funding films on Afgan basket weavers. Anyway, the good news is that only one in 10 films produced with (our) lottery money is ever shown on general release, so the chances are no one will get to see it.
Old 29-03-2004, 15:46   #7
I am Banned

[B]Whens it out?
Stanley4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 15:53   #8
God Member

It does'nt say....have a look at the site yourelf - there's a few stills on there. It's possible there may be other sites with a few clips on.
Old 29-03-2004, 16:20   #9
I am Banned

its due to hit before euro
Old 29-03-2004, 16:40   #10
God Member

Oh Dear....whose idea was that?
Old 29-03-2004, 16:54   #11
I am Banned

lol its after 2000 might i add sum 1 was there with a stanley shirt throwing chairs shurm or smiffy
Old 29-03-2004, 16:59   #12
I am Band

Probably the film publicist. The 'red top' rags will pour mock, shock horror on it. The more high-brow papers of the chattering classes will review the film with contempt. But all the while, it is fuelling the flame of publicity. This will in turn make people talk about the film, some of whom will go along to the flicks to watch it, to see what the fuss is about. This increases the films take, beyond the audience of neanderthals and numpties that like to associate with this lifestyle.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 17:07   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkologist
," beyond the audience of neanderthals and numpties that like to associate with this lifestyle."
Well, that's the problem, ain't it. The Sun/Star/Mirror/Mail will run a shock/horror expose on this film, a few questions asked in parliament, civil liberties/do-gooders mob will say show it, (unless of course, a few ethnics get attacked, in which case they'll say ban it)lots will go to see it....and of that lots, a small percentage will be unable to differentiate fiction from fact and will be out re-enacting what they've seen on screen.
Old 29-03-2004, 17:09   #14

Shurm or Smiffy throwin chairs smiffy couldn't pick one up nevermind throw it
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 17:39   #15
I am Band

The problem here, is the written Media. As they print their nationalist, jingoistic prose wrapped around the story of the film, they will be not so secretly hoping that it does 'kick off' both out in Portugal, and back home. It makes good copy for them, and after all, stories sell newspapers. They will have as many reporters in Portugal following any potential hooliganism, as they will sports journalists covering Euro 2004.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..