Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2004, 09:59   #1
Super Moderator

The goalkeeper situation

Hopefully, we are going to have the decision on Jason Petkovic's work permit today, but, even if it's a yes, that won't help us tomorrow.

So, presumably, we'll be giving a spell between the sticks to our two trialist goalies - Danny Alcock from Barnsley and Scott Tynan from Notts Forest. This could turn out to be a good thing, as Coley will be able to form a realistic assessement of their capabilities against higher league opponents. It'll also be interesting to see if our other trialist Ian Hughes from Huddersfield, has a run out.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-07-2004, 12:07   #2

Re: The goalkeeper situation

What is the admission charge for the game tomorrow?
Is it same as league prices?
slater_scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2004, 12:15   #3
Super Moderator

Yes, but prices will be lower for some of the other friendlies
Old 09-07-2004, 20:55   #4
Senior Member+

ian hughes is supposed to be a solid defender
Old 09-07-2004, 22:43   #5
Senior Member+

Has anyone heard yet whether Jason has got his work permit??

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 16:33   #6

I havnt heard anything yet
Old 10-07-2004, 18:31   #7

Ian Hughes impressed me today
Old 10-07-2004, 20:42   #8
I am Banned

who was in the net (?)
Stanley4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 21:16   #9

Alcock was in goal I think
Old 10-07-2004, 21:56   #10
I am Banned

well he was crap
Stanley4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 08:22   #11

Alcock was only in goal for the 1st half which finished 0-0.

Don't know who was in for the second.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:39   #12
Super Moderator

Scott Tynan, the trialist from Notts Forest was in goal for the second half. I thought Alcock did OK, although he didn't have many saves to make.

Everybody on this board seems remarkably quiet about our performance on Saturday. Apart from the result, I thought we turned in a sterling performance. McEvilly looked really good, and Lutel seems to be back on form. The defence looks a lot tighter, too. We really gave Burnley a game and a neutral observer wouldn't have thought there were two divisions between us. Once we get the goalie problem sorted, I reckon we've got a team who will be a real force to be reckoned with this season. Does anybody else agree?
Old 12-07-2004, 07:57   #13
Super Moderator

Incidentally, there are already two programmes from Saturday's match up for auction on ebay! Bet you wish you'd bought a dozen now, don't you?
Old 12-07-2004, 10:14   #14
I am Banned

this goalkeeping fiasco should never have happened,to let one very good keeper go is daft but to let 2 go both of whom played well 4 stanley last season is shear stupidity. only 6 weeks to start of season, and not even a sniff of a decent keeper, jon kennedy,s contract was only discussed with him last xmas and up to 2 weeks ago the club had not talked to him re new contract,he only wanted an extra £100 A WEEK, THIS IS FACT AS I SPOKE TO JK ONLY 3 WEEKS AGO. so now we are left with a situation that the club themselves only have to blame. and it takes at least 3 weeks to adjust to your new team mates and defence, Facts jamie was at stanley for 5 seasons an excellent keeper and crowd pleaser, Fact kennedy was an england semi pro keeper,who would have been the first choice for england as james bittner of exeter and nicky bull ofc hereford utd are now over 23 years of age,to old for the semi pro team. as a supporter for the last 15 years this situation is intolerable to a team of such standing. sorry this may upset some people but we pay to see the best and to have no regular keeper so close to the start of the season STINKS.
shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2004, 10:28   #15
God Member

I agree with Wynonie Harris, we gave Burnley a good game on Saturday - the lads did well, McEvilly was brilliant & deserved his man of the match award. Wasn't too impressed by either of the goalies on trial but they didn't have that much to do to be fair. I thought the young lad Carvill did well on the wing but if he's staying they're gonna have to find a kit that fits him!!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..