Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2012, 13:17   #151
God Member

Re: The King is gone = new management, who?

Leam comes across well on the video on the fishy site. Upbeat, positive and knowledgeable.
Old 24-01-2012, 14:42   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
You can always tell when there's a time of crisis, along comes a Troll
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
nb to Cashy !!....

Here's a novelty for you Cashy..a newcomer to our forum who has the temerity to inject a 'serious' note into his posting !... (rather than speaking with the jawbone of an ass ..as many junior members are prone to do !!)...so take it easy on him for a week or two !!.

So young man ( or indeed young lady !).... welcome to THE Forum...and keep on seeing things from the serious perspective !!.

Oh I forgot !!... every success to the new Management Team ...and as John.F.Kennedy said.. .(on a serious note !)

"Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future."

Here's to a bright future for everyone at 'The Crown'.
Forgot to mention Jon Barlow at Enfield, doing a good job with very limited resources.

Has anybody got a keep-net and some needle nose pliers to take all these hooks out.
Walts10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 14:57   #153
Junior Member+

When do you reckon we'll have a new boss by? Is it worth sticking with Leam until the end of the season or do we look to find one before the end of the transfer window?
stanleyscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 14:59   #154

Hi lads, Shamrock Rovers fan here. I would be worried if you appointed Cook for the job..

At Sligo he has caused the board to stretch their budget, even paying the players under the table.
As for his commitment, the day after our manager departed Cook was the first person to enquire for the job. He basically prostituted himself for the job and we said a simple no for the kind of person he is and the arrogance he showed towards us in the league when things weren't going well on his end.

He is best to avoid. Sligo fans think they can match our budget with half the gate income, sponsorship, everything really. He will stretch your budget completely and you will find yourself in trouble when things are not going well.
Shamrock Rovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 15:03   #155
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock Rovers View Post
Hi lads, Shamrock Rovers fan here.

At Sligo he has caused the board to stretch their budget, even paying the players under the table.
I hope your defamation insurance is up-to-date
Div3North is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 15:10   #156
God Member

Quote:
Hi lads, Shamrock Rovers fan here. I would be worried if you appointed Cook for the job..

As for his commitment, the day after our manager departed Cook was the first person to enquire for the job. He basically prostituted himself for the job and we said a simple no for the kind of person he is and the arrogance he showed towards us in the league when things weren't going well on his end.

He is best to avoid. Sligo fans think they can match our budget with half the gate income, sponsorship, everything really. He will stretch your budget completely and you will find yourself in trouble when things are not going well.

Wouldn't be too worried, there is no budget
Old 24-01-2012, 15:14   #157

What worries me most is have we got the people to make the right selection? This one is probably more important than that of John & Jimmy?
B16Dunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 15:22   #158
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
Leam comes across well on the video on the fishy site. Upbeat, positive and knowledgeable.
Agree n in my opinion these should be left until end of season as i said before, The guy knows the club n if Rob n Ilyas think tempory, they should know, then i think its a good case to "Suck It And See"?
Old 24-01-2012, 15:26   #159
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by B16Dunk View Post
What worries me most is have we got the people to make the right selection? This one is probably more important than that of John & Jimmy?

Loads of experts on here, they only need to ask
Old 24-01-2012, 16:55   #160

Quote:

Paul Cook has been at Sligo for 4 and a half years. His loyalty to the Club has been tremendous. As far as paying players under the table this has been proved to be untrue and Shamrock Rovers fans just cannot let it go that the best manager in the country was not interested in "A BIG CLUB'S" (ha ha) advances. Paul Cook is not a cheque book manager. He has accepted cut backs on several occasions and got on with his job. The board at Sligo have made prudent decisions in conjunction with Cookie. They have not been forced into doing anything. Ease up Shamrock Rovers. Time to get rid of your bitterness and realise there are Clubs outside Tallaght who can win trophies.
redsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 17:41   #161
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post

Agreed mate.

Let's be honest, football is a results business.

Win a few games and who knows what will happen
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 17:44   #162
Senior Member+

The only thing i dont get is why didnt we fight for him. Illyas should of been on that phone trying to persuade him to stay, giving him reassurance of the future as illyas has always pointed out. Rochdale arnt that great of a club and i always will think we could of tried to at least fight for him.

On the brightside we have another season of football league to enjoy but how sweet would it be if the rochdale go down next season and accy go on the up! He always had that dream of league 1 and this season could still be a close one!

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 17:47   #163
Senior Member+

ALSO Unsworth for manager is a great shout! Great to have liam and hughesy on the touchline! AND on the pitch

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 18:12   #164
God Member

Question Re: The King is gone = new management, who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
The only thing i dont get is why didnt we fight for him. Illyas should of been on that phone trying to persuade him to stay, giving him reassurance of the future as illyas has always pointed out. Rochdale arnt that great of a club and i always will think we could of tried to at least fight for him.

On the brightside we have another season of football league to enjoy but how sweet would it be if the rochdale go down next season and accy go on the up! He always had that dream of league 1 and this season could still be a close one!
How do we know he didn't?????

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 18:20   #165
Senior Member+

That has been bugging me Val also.

Course they faught for him !!!

It was Coley's decision at the end of the day.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..