Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2012, 18:40   #166
Resting in Peace

Re: The King is gone = new management, who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
The only thing i dont get is why didnt we fight for him. Illyas should of been on that phone trying to persuade him to stay, giving him reassurance of the future as illyas has always pointed out. Rochdale arnt that great of a club and i always will think we could of tried to at least fight for him.
It has been painfully obvious for some time that, even with Ilyas's backing, we don't have the resources to match Coley's ambitions, unfortunately.
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-01-2012, 19:23   #167
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
It has been painfully obvious for some time that, even with Ilyas's backing, we don't have the resources to match Coley's ambitions, unfortunately.
Correct, but where have the promises gone, especially at looking at a new ground. Things like that add up..

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 19:23   #168
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
The only thing i dont get is why didnt we fight for him. Illyas should of been on that phone trying to persuade him to stay, giving him reassurance of the future as illyas has always pointed out. Rochdale arnt that great of a club and i always will think we could of tried to at least fight for him.
Very doubtful if they never tried to keep him n jimmy, Have yeh ever considered they left cos yeh can't polish a turd?
Old 24-01-2012, 19:28   #169
God Member

Quote:
Correct, but where have the promises gone, especially at looking at a new ground. Things like that add up..
Even when they made noises about the new ground I think 2015 was the earliest they said it would happen.
Old 24-01-2012, 19:41   #170

After watching JC,s interview on ssn I got the impression it was as big a choker for him as it was for us and I don,t think he took the decision lightly he as good as admitted it got him wondering if he was doing the right thing when everybody at the crown was in tears when him and Jimmy resigned yesterday.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 19:49   #171
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
After watching JC,s interview on ssn I got the impression it was as big a choker for him as it was for us and I don,t think he took the decision lightly he as good as admitted it got him wondering if he was doing the right thing when everybody at the crown was in tears when him and Jimmy resigned yesterday.
Agree both of em will have been upset i bet,end of the day,we have arguably the worst facilities/smallest fanbase in the league n thats before cash comes into the equasion, so hard as it musta been, i understand the logic, aint over the moon but life goes on, Hope they keep Rochdale in Div 1, I reckon in another 50 yrs or so,when someone writes another "History Of Stanley" Coley n Jimmy will be No1 in that book.
Old 24-01-2012, 19:53   #172
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Agree both of em will have been upset i bet,end of the day,we have arguably the worst facilities/smallest fanbase in the league n thats before cash comes into the equasion, so hard as it musta been, i understand the logic, aint over the moon but life goes on, Hope they keep Rochdale in Div 1, I reckon in another 50 yrs or so,when someone writes another "History Of Stanley" Coley n Jimmy will be No1 in that book.
I'm hoping it's their successors!
Old 24-01-2012, 19:55   #173
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
I'm hoping it's their successors!
That would really be summet eh Nige?
Old 24-01-2012, 19:57   #174
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
The fact that a club of Rochdale's relatively modest means DOES have the resources to match Coley's ambitions in comparison to us is a telling reflection on our predicament.
Old 24-01-2012, 20:10   #175
God Member

Coley and Jimmy had success and promotions in abundance, they also stayed here when they could easily have moved elsewhere. I am betting that they were very well remunerated for that and it could well be a saving grace that a new manager comes in on LESS money than what they earned. That, plus a windfall of compensation could well be a catalyst for the rest of this season or maybe next season.

We've been led to believe that the club is solvent again and operating reasonably within its means. If that is the case then we stand to make a profit now innit!!!
Old 24-01-2012, 20:31   #176
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
We've been led to believe that the club is solvent again and operating reasonably within its means. If that is the case then we stand to make a profit now innit!!!
Maybe working towards being solvent as opposed to travelling to the high court would be a better description. Can't imagine staff cuts suggests it is paying for itself yet, probably somewhere close though
Old 24-01-2012, 21:23   #177

good luck to Leam and Bryan a thousand league games between them so give em the job until the end of the season let them set their stall out

I have a feeling it could turn into a POSITIVE

Remember Bury last season they lost Knill/Brass and the youth team manager took over and took them up!
stanley nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-2012, 21:27   #178

he has managed other teams, all without success.
stetrovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2012, 20:29   #179
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock Rovers View Post
Hi lads, Shamrock Rovers fan here. I would be worried if you appointed Cook for the job..

At Sligo he has caused the board to stretch their budget, even paying the players under the table.
As for his commitment, the day after our manager departed Cook was the first person to enquire for the job. He basically prostituted himself for the job and we said a simple no for the kind of person he is and the arrogance he showed towards us in the league when things weren't going well on his end.

He is best to avoid. Sligo fans think they can match our budget with half the gate income, sponsorship, everything really. He will stretch your budget completely and you will find yourself in trouble when things are not going well.
Cook has always worked within budgets but has challenged the board to increase these budgets. This has been done sufficiently to provide a quality squad, but a very small one as we don't have the money Shams have. The club is in the black and Cook gets the very best from what he has.
As for wanting to manage Shams - he's had better offers.

He may or may not be the man for Stanley, hopefully not, but if you decide to take a chance on him and the football is anything like we've been watching for the last few seasons, then you're in for a treat - with or without trophies.

In any case, best of luck with the appointment, whoever it might be.
sligostanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-01-2012, 14:22   #180
Senior Member+

I believe Ronnie Moore has submitted his CV to the club.

I personally wouldnt mind Leam taking the role until the end of the season. Give him the option to sign at the end. The lads support him and he has extensive league knowledge.
Nickelson is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..